Became Diamond

DEEDIA

Well folks the pins mean something to the OP. They have earned them.

I don't think it's fair to trivialize it.

It's too bad some people can't be happy unless they're tearing someone or something down. :rolleyes:

Just curious. Why? Do they get you in somewhere? Maybe I'm missing out on something?

Tom

We first wore our platinum pins upon boarding when a crew member noticed our pins and quickly directed us to the priority boarding line! Made us feel like royalty!:cool: I heard that, by wearing your pin, it allows the crew to quickly notice your status, which may, in some instances, make a difference. Now, we wear ours when boarding and at dinner.;) Personal preference maybe.:rolleyes:

I collected pins MANY years ago and ours are all still on the card in a box with all the other pins from various trips. I did have a pin I got from that pink hotel on the beach in FL (can't remember the name). They told me to wear it, as it identifies that I get certain privileges (which meant I didn't get billed for some of their services). I think that's the only time I've ever worn a pin because it makes a nasty hole in your clothes. We've never seen an advantage/disadvantage associated with the pin. Now if they were giving away a free cruise, I'd be sporting that thing EVERYWHERE. ;)

We've never worn our's either. I think we have them in a drawer somewhere. I think this is one way RCI could save some $$$ on the loyalty program. I don't think I've ever seen anyone wearing them. Wouldn't it be kind of silly?

Tom

You probably never noticed,I don't think that i pay attention to what other people wear on their lapels.I wear mind on my tux because i want to. Took ten cruises to get it.Even at my age i am more interested in what the ladies are wearing on formal night.Have a great next cruise :)

There's someone from Guest Services who walks around the ship on the first formal night, and gives away one free cruise to the first person they see with a pin.

Have never received our pins -- Have been Diamond for over 5 years. Did not know this, but I will get my pins on our next cruise and will be wearing them (for at least an hour) on the first formal night!!

Have never received our pins -- Have been Diamond for over 5 years. Did not know this, but I will get my pins on our next cruise and will be wearing them (for at least an hour) on the first formal night!!

This was a (poor) joke on my part! Sorry.

Edited by clarea

We were on Navigator to weeks ago (1/25-2/1/2015). Our observation was that flashing the bright gold card, i.e. suites, got more attention than pins. Some people that were D+ and Pinnacle could not have breakfast or lunch in Chops unless they were in Grand Suites or above, with that gold card. The lapel pin had no pull there.

We were on Navigator to weeks ago (1/25-2/1/2015). Our observation was that flashing the bright gold card, i.e. suites, got more attention than pins. Some people that were D+ and Pinnacle could not have breakfast or lunch in Chops unless they were in Grand Suites or above, with that gold card. The lapel pin had no pull there.

You probably mean D+, because all Pinnacle get gold cards no matter what kind of stateroom they have.

Just curious. Why? Do they get you in somewhere? Maybe I'm missing out on something?

Tom

I don't think you're missing anything. I don't know why anyone would wear them. No benefits at all. Seems kind of strange and phony pretentious.

Edited by bouhunter

In the members area under upgrade choice, what is your selection?

You might have " Do not upgrade me " Checked.

Just a thought.

Oh, yes, it's checked! We've enjoyed RCI and have no complaints. However, if we were starting all over, I'd pick price and itinerary over and forget loyalty.

We got our Diamond Plus pins on Navigator last month on the cruise that gave us the credits for that status. We were on B2B2B cruises and while booking our next cruise, a top end Oz cruise that we go on later this month, while on the second cruise I mentioned to the C&A Loyalty Ambassador who was also the Future Cruises Manager, that the third cruise would give us the credits for D+ status. She told us to see her on the next cruise and she would give us our D+ pins.

Another bonus was that she gave us D+ status immediately, thus got those benefits on that third cruise which was the one that qualified us for that status. YMMV ;)

Edited by robtulipe

I don't think you're missing anything. I don't know why anyone would wear them. No benefits at all. Seems kind of strange and phony pretentious.

Pride maybe? All our pins are lost in a box somewhere but I can see why people wear them. It's a little judgmental to call them strange, phony, and/or pretentious don't you think. I mean unless you really know them. Just my honest opinion.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm curious about the pins.

I received my diamond pin on the cruise I earned it (head waiter spoke to the Loyalty Ambassador and she brought it to the table at dinner one night). It looks like this one:

1_e48a4f97ed8bad78782c371de8131f0d.jpg

Are they different now?

My Platinum one is just that - grey (platinum) colored and round. I also received Platinum luggage tags.

I don't wear it, but doesn't mean I wasn't unhappy to get it. Those are the two I earned and have them both - they mean something to me and that's what counts.:)

Edited by jaspercat

Not trying to judge, just understand... Why would someone be proud that they are rich enough to afford a bunch of cruises? I don't think people that wear pins are strange, but it seems to me to be a little braggy so I wouldn't want to wear one!

Of course, people have every right to wear them and I wouldn't complain or try to stop them. I'm just not sure I understand why the whole status thing matters. Now, if Bob were right and there was a possible free cruise to be had...

That said, I'm happy enough to gratefully accept the free stuff the loyalty program offers us. I just don't think it makes me any more special.

Tom

Pride maybe? All our pins are lost in a box somewhere but I can see why people wear them. It's a little judgmental to call them strange, phony, and/or pretentious don't you think. I mean unless you really know them. Just my honest opinion.

Agreed.