LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Happy Anniversary, Robyn! My husband and I will be on Freedom for our 25th anniversary in April for the Eastern itinerary, and staying in a Grand Suite. I too would like to know what was "refreshed" in the suites, and any upgrades involved. Also, could you tell me when the conceirge contacted you thru email?

We also want to go to one of the restaurants overlooking the cruiseport in Port Canaveral (Grills, Fishlips or Rusty's) the day before our cruise. Really looking forward to your review. Have a great time!

Edited by johndru

It that the "Degas" suite or the "Devas" suite?

Thanks for inviting be along from that other thread.:)

I went looking for you.... Or is that called stalking? [emoji15][emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like I am on vacation with you Robyn. Have a great cruise!

You are on vacation with me! Enjoy, we are going to have a great time! [emoji3][emoji295]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robyn, your excitement for your cruise has me really excited for my cruise next week. I feel like I should have a drink in hand while I read your Live thread this week.

Have fun!

Happy anniversary and enjoy your cruise! We are on the Eastern right after you and I am getting even more excited reading your review! I have two questions for you or anyone else that might know.

Is the new Sabor restaurant a la carte or a flat cover charge? I've heard it is operated differently on different ships.

Also, I know your DD is 18, but if you have a chance to look can you see if there are life jackets for little kids to use at the pools on board? We just cruised Disney and they had lots of wonderful life vests to use on ship and at Castaway Key but I am not sure if Royal does the same. Or should I bring our own? (3 kids life jackets take up lots or luggage space but will be a necessity if not provided!)

Thanks very much!

It works!!!!

Good Morning to everyone that is following along :D I can officially say "my cruise is TOMORROW!" - I don't know about you, but after months of planning (okay, obsessing :rolleyes:) it just seems surreal to me that I will be boarding the ship in the morning - hopefully it will still be morning if the embarkation goes well (SherriZ , I will give you a full report!)

SO excited! Tomorrow is CRUISE DAY!!!!

Robyn -- thanks for thinking of me re: your embarkation report

Robyn -- On the "Freedom of the Seas Drydock" thread, Bob E, who is onboard posted two comments on speed etc.:

"We have been doing about 19+ knots all day - strong head winds. Still two prop washes."

He did the Bridge Tour "Asipods doing 134 RPM; Fixipod windmilling at 78 RPM. Doing 19.4 Knots - expect to arrive on time tomorrow."

Robyn,

Looking forward to your review. We are sailing her for a family New Year's cruise with kids and grand kids.

Voyager class is our favorite so we are looking forward to this oversized Voyager class ship.

Saw her in Port Canaveral the past 2 Sundays as we did a B2B on Carnival Liberty. Wanted to go check her out.