LIVE from the Freedom of the Seas * Feb 15, 2015 * Western Caribbean!

ckrobyn

Subscribing to this thread.Happy Anniversary, ckrobyn. Very much looking forward to your postings.

Do you think you might be able to scan your Cruise Compasses when you return? I know that's a lot, but I would love to see how the set up is with the changes in the ship and the different cruise director.

We're cruising in August for our 16th anniversary and I am getting excited already.

Safe travels!

I think PC will be a busy place on Sunday!! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a local here. Just saw on local news that 6 ships will be in port this Sunday. Largest amount we have had to date. We will repeat this again 4 weeks from now. Quantum doesn't need to use Terminal 1, she actually used the new Carnival terminal when she visited on her Inaugural cruise.

I'm a local here. Just saw on local news that 6 ships will be in port this Sunday. Largest amount we have had to date. We will repeat this again 4 weeks from now. Quantum doesn't need to use Terminal 1, she actually used the new Carnival terminal when she visited on her Inaugural cruise.

Trying to decide between Jetty Park and the tower for a little photo op. I take it Quantum won't be leaving with the rest of the fleet

Good Morning from sunny (but a tad chilly!) Orlando :) I guess I shouldn't complain. I don't need a winter jacket and I am on vacation....AND I am going to the happiest place on earth today (insert mouse ears here).

Why is it that whenever I sleep in hotels I am so comfy and relaxed, but wake up at the crack of dawn? Anyways, I needed to be up early this morning because we have to pack up, head to Disney and then check in to another hotel later this afternoon.....the Hyatt Regency Orlando if some of you missed that detail. http://www.orlando.regency.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Thank you all for your nice comments and anniversary wishes! I will do my best to get everyone's questions answered, and pictures taken :)

Hi. Hope you like Hyatt Regency - I stayed there last year for business. I really liked it and had some great lunches at the diner there.

I'll be following along. I always look forward to your posts. Happy Anniversary and smooth sails to you.

I was on CC when you were planning your first cruise 10 years ago. Has it really been that long?? My join date isn't my true join date which was also approx. 10 years ago. I had to create a new user name 2 years ago when I couldn't log on with my previous name.

Edited by BonTexasNY

We had a great day visiting the Mouse, and we just checked in to the Hyatt Regency. It's a really beautiful hotel. We have a lovely suite with a living room and 2 bathrooms, plus a connecting room with 2 queen beds. Here are a few pics e5199e639c9d01acbd685c0ecce4878f.jpg4a226135f9ff6ebca437f8f75e2d9ae7.jpg5692a35ac95a325128d1645fd1284fbb.jpg

My feet are killing me from walking around Disney all day, so we will probably grab a light dinner now and then I'll go through this thread and jot down all the questions I have to answer! I'll be back later......

Hope you are having a great time at WDW! We love going there...my 28th visit.

We LOVE Grills too and never miss eating there when we are in town.

Can't wait to see your posts on Freedom! :D

Robyn -- looking forward to your post on Grills. We tried to eat there in December but could not find parking so we went to Millikens, which was excellent as usual.

Hi Robyn and hello from a very,very,very cold Toronto ;). Looking forward to Your review. We will be on the Freedom in the middle of March. Let us know about internet speed,want to post from the ship,it will be our first cruise . Have fun and enjoy warm weather

Joanna

We are back at our hotel and pretty tired - it's been a long day!

I have a question.....if I am taking pics on my iphone, but will not be using it onboard, where can I upload my pics so I can post on here? What site do most people use? I will transfer my iphone pics to my PC first.

Hi Robyn and hello from a very,very,very cold Toronto ;). Looking forward to Your review. We will be on the Freedom in the middle of March. Let us know about internet speed,want to post from the ship,it will be our first cruise . Have fun and enjoy warm weather

Joanna

Hi Joanna :) I heard it is minus 30 in Toronto! We picked a great time to get away!

I will definitely let you know about internet speed - I am hoping it will be reasonably fast :rolleyes:

We are looking forward to some hot Caribbean sunshine!

I'll be following along. I always look forward to your posts. Happy Anniversary and smooth sails to you.

I was on CC when you were planning your first cruise 10 years ago. Has it really been that long?? My join date isn't my true join date which was also approx. 10 years ago. I had to create a new user name 2 years ago when I couldn't log on with my previous name.

Hi Bonnie! Yes you were here 10 years ago when we were planning our first cruise ever on the Radiance :D Time does fly, doesn't it? Thanks for the Anniversary wishes, we had a wonderful day!

Robyn - thank you so much for sharing your trip with us. I LOVE live reports with pictures. :)

Freedom is our favorite RCCL ship and we will be on her in May.

Happy Anniversary! Can't wait to share your cruise with you. Please let us know your thoughts since the "dry dock" changes.

Wanda (10 degrees in Philly :()

Hi Wanda :) I have enjoyed so many Live threads over the years......I decided to give back :o

I love the Freedom too and I'm anxious to see the changes that were made during dry dock. I am also interested in the propulsion issues.....it caused quite a few of us some grief last week when there was information that perhaps the issues that plagued the Freedom in the fall, that were supposed to be resolved during dry dock became a problem again!!! I will find out as much as I can - but in the meantime, she is sailing just fine and making each of her ports just like she is supposed to :D

Hi Robyn!

I'm following along as I love reading reviews of any Royal Caribbean ship as I'm passing the time waiting for October and my first cruise in 30years.

The reason your visit to the mouse was crowded isn't just because of the holiday weekend. Several years ago many school districts in various states split the two week spring break. Our kids now get next week off (they call it mid-winter break)then a week at Easter.

Enjoy your trip. Happy Anniversary!