Current Movies in the Theater????

tlund

Just curious as to what movies they are currently showing in the movie theater. We are sailing the Eurodam shortly but I figured they would be showing the same movies on all the ships with a theater. Anyone recently off a cruise that can tell me what movies were showing?

Usually they are movies that just came out on dvd, so you can check that out online or on your tv as to what movies are just out. They also will have some that are slightly older, but were popular in theaters, possibly some Academy Award nominated movies that are already on dvd.. Any selections you are told were shown on recent cruises could have changed anyway.

Mockingjay, St Vincent, the judge, 100 foot journey, Ouija, big hero. Just disembarked.

Thank you. Just trying to get an idea whether they are new releases or quite old movies. Because of the snow and freezing weather right now, my husband wants to rent a bunch of movies to catch up on viewing. I didn't want him to do so because we enjoy watching movies in the theater on the cruise. To both of us who are extremely busy with work, the cruise is a time for us to relax and movies can be relaxing to us. I don't want to get on the ship and he's watched all the movies being shown.

Usually they are movies that just came out on dvd, so you can check that out online or on your tv as to what movies are just out. They also will have some that are slightly older, but were popular in theaters, possibly some Academy Award nominated movies that are already on dvd.. Any selections you are told were shown on recent cruises could have changed anyway.

Thank you. Was trying to gauge whether they were a year behind, a month behind or current with new releases on dvd. I appreciate you response.

Thank you. Just trying to get an idea whether they are new releases or quite old movies. Because of the snow and freezing weather right now, my husband wants to rent a bunch of movies to catch up on viewing. I didn't want him to do so because we enjoy watching movies in the theater on the cruise.

Don't forget that every cabin has a DVD player, and hundreds of movies can be obtained (no charge) from the Front Desk.

If there's an old movie your DH particularly wants to see, or see again, look in the booklet placed somewhere on the desk, or near the TV, to see what they have available. There's really no reason to bring your own.

Don't forget that every cabin has a DVD player, and hundreds of movies can be obtained (no charge) from the Front Desk.

If there's an old movie your DH particularly wants to see, or see again, look in the booklet placed somewhere on the desk, or near the TV, to see what they have available. There's really no reason to bring your own.

Yes. Thank you. We did that last time we cruised HAL. I like to watch the movies in the theater to get out of the cabin.

I found this thread informative as I didn't know there were DVD players in the rooms. We didn't spend much time in our room on other cruises, but we are going on a repositioning cruise this fall...good to know since we will have quite a few sea days in the beginning. Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My DH often brings some of his favorite movies for bad weather on sea days on longer cruises He can sit thru the entire Bourne series. Do admit, had a bad cold and watched a few movies in the cabin. One nice feature is the previous day's movie in the theater is on the TV the next day, and usually running for the entire day, so if you do not make it to the theater, but want to see the movie, you have an alternative.

We love movies as well. Glad you posted this question, as its sometimes nice to veg out and watch current (somewhat current movies). Either in a movie theater or to turn down the evening.

Yes, I do agree. It would be very much appreciated if HAL would upgrade their technology on their ships to permit the kind of interactive TV that I found on Celebrity Eclipse, two years ago. Far more movies and other choices than what is currently available--and which has been available for a rather long period of time, I think--are offered on the Solstice Class ships.

A daily published TV guide delivered to the staterooms would be appreciated by this cruiser. Why must I waste my cruising/vacation time watching the TV's program guide that goes so slowly for the next 24 hour period?

Yes. Thank you. We did that last time we cruised HAL. I like to watch the movies in the theater to get out of the cabin.

Talking of movies, we did like the screening room on the Oosterdam when we were on for our 14 day cruise which ended last Friday. Big cinema chairs that tilted back - very comfy. Seating was, however, limited so you had to be there early. I suspect some were there very early as a few were sleeping peacefully when we walked in!

Ozcruizer

I have to give the best cinema experience to Disney. We sailed the Wonder in 2010, and there were brand new, as they were theater released movies (including 3D) in a huge theater dedicated to movies. All their hits.

Plus they had first run movies on the television as well as pretty much a constant stream of their classics.

Of course you must love Disney and their brands.

They really did it right in that department.

Yes, I do agree. It would be very much appreciated if HAL would upgrade their technology on their ships to permit the kind of interactive TV that I found on Celebrity Eclipse, two years ago. Far more movies and other choices than what is currently available--and which has been available for a rather long period of time, I think--are offered on the Solstice Class ships.

A daily published TV guide delivered to the staterooms would be appreciated by this cruiser. Why must I waste my cruising/vacation time watching the TV's program guide that goes so slowly for the next 24 hour period?

I sailed Celebrity a couple years ago as well, and I really wasn't all that impressed.

I think I would have enjoyed it more if two things occurred. 1. I was with a group of friends and 2. This sounds terrible, I had the beverage package.

Their entertainment just wasn't there, in my opinion. Non existent. If you wanted to sit at a bar all day and night, then their large ships seem good for that.

With that said, we may try Celebrity again, for maybe a cruise in Europe. However between two cruise lines that fill the same sphere, I think I am leaning towards HAL, and give them a try.

I hate to ever say, never again.

Edited by DreamingBig1

I recently returned from the Noordam (I know it's not the Eurodam, but as you said, the movies might be the same), and they actually showed two Oscar-nominated movies -- "Whiplash" and "Foxcatcher". Naturally they would be the two that I already saw!

Only bad thing about watching the movies in the cabin is that the TV's are quite small. However, it's better than watching the same old news channels. Cruise to try and stay away from the news.

Fifty shades of gray picture is hilarious.

I recently returned from the Noordam (I know it's not the Eurodam, but as you said, the movies might be the same), and they actually showed two Oscar-nominated movies -- "Whiplash" and "Foxcatcher". Naturally they would be the two that I already saw!

Someone posted about their movies on the Eurodam when we were on the Nieuw Amsterdam. The films were the same. Both ships were doing alternating East /West Caribbean week long itineraries and there was a two week cycle to the movies. Based on that, I'd guess that the movie selections are pretty standardized.