Children's Menus - as of 2/13/15

Merion_Mom

We all know kids are sometimes picky and the staff will work with this. One of the reasons we cruise with Royal caribbean. .

This is true of all main stream cruiselines.

• 10 months later...
I tried to order this dessert last month on my cruise on the Grandeur. they looked at me like I was crazy. :rolleyes:

One of my girls says she will eat the mini brownie madness every night on our next cruise.

Has anyone had much experience with little ones and food allergies - I will be travelling over Chirstmas/New Year with my son who will be 17 months, he has dairy, egg and wheat allergies - what experiences have people ahve with menu changes and allergy needs being met?

Has anyone had much experience with little ones and food allergies - I will be travelling over Chirstmas/New Year with my son who will be 17 months, he has dairy, egg and wheat allergies - what experiences have people ahve with menu changes and allergy needs being met?

Curious about food allergies and sensitivities as well. Specifically... Does anyone know if they have GF Chicken Fingers?

I know they are good with food allergies but our allergy is shrimp so I dont have much experience with the others. They do have a gluten free meal marked for adults on the main menu and are super careful about cross contamination (separate cooking tables/areas according to the kitchen tour I took) but I don't know about chicken tenders, nor do I know specifically for egg. Hopefully someone will see this but since its inside a thread about kids menus you may get more responses if you create its own post on the page : )

Make sure to send a note to special needs 1-2 months before your cruise and follow up one more time and again on board. They should handle your allergies if you do that! Not sure about the GF Chicken Fingers though...

Thanks. Yeah - I JUST got diagnosed with my gluten sensitivity (three weeks before going to ITALY of all places!!), so I emailed them. Got the automated response back, but saw that their program had tagged my email as "possible spam". So I called yesterday and spoke with someone. I definitely plan to go to the MDR on boarding and verify they have it (there was some issue with my reservation being "locked" even though I was not logged in - he said he would put it in as soon as it opened up, so I want to double check in person).

I'll keep my fingers crossed about the chicken fingers. I don't always want them (adult here), but sometimes you just do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 1 year later...
I'm travelling by myself with my 5 yr old autistic son. Kids get so much out of travel. Yes even those whom have additional needs. Thanks for posting the menus. Wonder if they Australianise these for Aussie kids?

My Grandson isn't autistic, but I totally agree with you about how much children get out of traveling. He started cruising/traveling with us at 4 and is now 23 and a history teacher. He's traveled to almost every Caribbean port, all the Hawaiian islands, and several European countries. They absorb more than you think about the geography, the food, the culture, the language, the religions and the people. It's great experience.