No Baths on Smaller Ships?

DaisyUK

DaisyUK

The PH on Regatta definitely has a bath, and the shower is over the bath, not a separate shower stall. And just fyi, the shower screen is fixed to the side of the bath, doesn't move to allow access, so you have to be able to climb into a normal height bath which can be "interesting" if the ship is moving around! But there are grab rails.

Frankly, we prefer the shower stall, even though small, to having to climb over the side of the tub to take a shower. But then, I haven't taken a bath since I was 12 years old. For a long time, I avoided the PH suites for just that reason. Then, I was upgraded to one and loved the extra space, but hated the tub.

Frankly, we prefer the shower stall, even though small, to having to climb over the side of the tub to take a shower. But then, I haven't taken a bath since I was 12 years old. For a long time, I avoided the PH suites for just that reason. Then, I was upgraded to one and loved the extra space, but hated the tub.

I, on the other hand, love the tubs ... even the tub/shower combos. I hate those little showers ... then again, I'm wider than Don is!

The OS and VS used to have large jacuzzi tubs but I thought I read that at the last renovation these were removed on the "R" ships and replaced with large showers. I haven't been in one myself so I don't know for certain, but I'd heard that was the plan.

Mura

The OS and VS used to have large jacuzzi tubs but I thought I read that at the last renovation these were removed on the "R" ships and replaced with large showers. I haven't been in one myself so I don't know for certain, but I'd heard that was the plan.

That's what I thought I had read also. A long, lazy soak in the tub is an essential prerequisite for me!

I, on the other hand, love the tubs ... even the tub/shower combos. I hate those little showers ... then again, I'm wider than Don is!

Mura

I'm with you, Mura - and DaisyUK - I'm one of the handful who still really enjoy a soak in a tub. And I also truly enjoy those wonderful salts they offer - so much so that friends, who cruise far more often than we, have sent plastic baggies of them to me after their cruises! But I am very sad to learn there are no more tubs in the OSs and VSs, as we are to be in one of the latter (for the first and probably last time) in Alaska in June - and I was already anticipating several long, hot…. (As Sister Mary Ignatius says, "Sometimes God says, "NO!!!")

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nde7fhy9i3g2o1d/2014-11-11%2011.12.53.jpg?dl=0

Think this is a bigger picture of Owners Suite bathroom. My tapatalk has changed the way I can upload pictures.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We have been requesting this to happen to the OS for years as have many others. Thank you Oceania.

Thanks for all the info about showers and tubs. My DH and I are scheduled to sail LA to Miami in June on Insignia. As I read trough this thread, I was horrified to discover that our PH1 has no stall shower. Ever since a construction site accident, my right leg doesn't do a very good job, We sailed on Insignia when it was new to O, and that detail slipped my mind. As Regent, Marina and Riviera veterans, I just assumed the R ships would be similar after their recent renovations. Oops.

Thanks for all the info about showers and tubs. My DH and I are scheduled to sail LA to Miami in June on Insignia. As I read trough this thread, I was horrified to discover that our PH1 has no stall shower. Ever since a construction site accident, my right leg doesn't do a very good job, We sailed on Insignia when it was new to O, and that detail slipped my mind. As Regent, Marina and Riviera veterans, I just assumed the R ships would be similar after their recent renovations. Oops.

We sailed Insignia with Stans' Aunt Joan who had a very similar issue with her right leg.

She found that beginning and ending her showers sitting on the edge of the tub worked best. Of course, this still requires being able to bend the knee.

Thanks StanandJIm. I think I get Aunt Joan's method. Sit on the tub edge, and swing the legs into/out of the tub. Worth a try for sure. The only handicapped accessible cabins are inside. No way, especially since we've paid for a PH1.

Mary

When we were looking into the possibility of taking my brother-in-law (who was disabled by a stroke) on a cruise I believe we were told that the handicapped accessible rooms had BATHTUBS.

Don't know if it's true, but we discarded the idea.

Mura

Thanks StanandJIm. I think I get Aunt Joan's method. Sit on the tub edge, and swing the legs into/out of the tub. Worth a try for sure. The only handicapped accessible cabins are inside. No way, especially since we've paid for a PH1.

Mary

Have the room attendant leave you a second bathmat to cushion the tub edge ;)

It will make the "swing" ever so much easier on you!