Favorite excursion in St. Martin and St. Kitts

smjlt

Orient Beach and Maho Beach in St Maarten. Last few times we've been there we just take "tours" of the jewelry stores in port or hang out on the beach there.

Only been to St Kitts once and we just took a cab/tour (about $15pp for 4) to Fort Brimstone which we really enjoyed. Wife and I both love history and wish we could've spent more time there. There's an island off the coast (St Eustatius) that played a very important role in the American Revolutionary War.

How far is that beach from the cruise port and what is the cost ?

It's about a 20 minute taxi ride at $7 per person, one-way, with 4 people in the taxi. Once there, you pay around $20 for two loungers and an umbrella. There are bathroom facilities, and food/drink service.

Edited by clarea

We did a Panoramaic--Best of St Kitts tour with Rosevelt. [correct spelling] He served in the US army for some time-so his English/commentary are excellent.

I did a review of our cruise a couple of years ago. Here is a link for the portion that deals with St Kitts. I have pictures of the tour. It included the Brimstone Fort, the batik plantation [Caribell sp??] and a stop at the beach.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=38251017&highlight=kitts#post38251017

We took 2 tours on our recent Quantum cruises.

St. Kitts Catamaran sail & Nevis beach getaway: $99.75 per and lasted 4.5 hours. If you like sailing this is a fantastic tour. Takes 1.5 hrs each way to Nevis. It includes a barbecue of chicken & hot dogs. Free flowing Carib beer and rum punches on both the catamaran and the barbecue. You get to swim for about 45 minutes.

St. Marteen beach rendezvous: $59.75 per and lasted 4.5 hours. It included r/t bus from pier to Orient Beach. Also, get beach chair and lunch. Lunch is at a beach restaurant and consisted of mahi mahi, chicken, or ribs with a beer and/or soft drink. Lunch was disappointing as it was tepid. There were 3-4 buses in total. Our bus guide was "Big Mama". She was perky, funny and educational. Water at Orient Beach was it's usual choppy, but very enjoyable to swim in.

Note: Beach umbrellas was a reasonable $3.00. Probably the cheapest of all the Islands.

Both were great tours. Had a great time especially considering the Northeast cold and snowy weather.

Interesting that this St. Maarten topic came up this morning...

Yesterday afternoon out of the blue I received an email from Capt Bob, two months after taking his tour, following up on how my excursion with them went. Talk about excellent follow up and communication, looking for referrals, etc... pre--cruise he was quick to respond to my questions as well.

Google Soualiga, rated #1 on Tripadvisor for St Maarten excursions. I had no clue about them but wanted something different, and a full day full island tour. Had an awesome day! Here's my review of that day

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45026626&highlight=bob#post45026626 (starts at post #118)

He actually checked out the post and thanked me for the pictures. If you look near the end of the entire Quantum review at least one other reader mentioned that after reading my review, they contacted Capt Bob and booked as well.

I've also done the America's Cup racing, as a previous poster said, I loved it, Had a great time. I've also done a do-it-yourself day to Maho Beach

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpBmChT4KTs

with a short taxi tour to Marigot and a few photo stops, taxi dropped us off for the afternoon at Maho then came and picked us up.

Here's my review of GreysTours in St. Kitts which is also extremely highly rated by many CC'ers and on Tripadvisor, my experience was really good but not super great as many have posted... nobody's perfect and can't be perfect 100% of the time

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=45058584&highlight=kitts#post45058584

Edited by Hoopster95

Orient Beach and Maho Beach in St Maarten. Last few times we've been there we just take "tours" of the jewelry stores in port or hang out on the beach there.

Only been to St Kitts once and we just took a cab/tour (about $15pp for 4) to Fort Brimstone which we really enjoyed. Wife and I both love history and wish we could've spent more time there. There's an island off the coast (St Eustatius) that played a very important role in the American Revolutionary War.

I have to agree with Orient Beach. Go there every time we go to St. Maarten. When you get there you have a beach lounge chair waiting for you, a rum punch waiting for you, you get lunch included (fish, chicken, or ribs) as well as another free drink. The beach is very nice and the water is beautiful.