IC Miami

kelkel2

I've been watching the rates of this hotel since they released them for our cruise weekend. We are looking to book for 1/15/16. It's a Friday night, and I am aware that January is Peak Season in Florida.

Finally they have put this hotel on a few travel discount sites, but the deal is not any better than booking directly with the hotel. My friend works for the hotel chain and gave me her friends and family site to book with and I can save about 15% if I go that route, but it's non refundable...Do you think deals are to be had? Or should I book? Currently it's selling for $363 through the hotel and through discount sites. This is the hotel I have my heart set on, I don't want to miss out on staying here, but I also don't want to book it and then see the prices come way down.

From you all's experience what does this hotel usually run price wise this time of year?? What should I be expecting to pay?

It is also the start of a 3 day weekend (Martin Luther King Day is on Monday the 18th) - Miami (and Fort Lauderdale) will be crowded! As you've been advised book something you can live with ASAP and then watch the prices.

It is also the start of a 3 day weekend (Martin Luther King Day is on Monday the 18th) - Miami (and Fort Lauderdale) will be crowded! As you've been advised book something you can live with ASAP and then watch the prices.

I wasn't even thinking about the 3 day weekend aspect. So you guys are right. I will go ahead and book it.

That being said I went to Hilton's website to take a look at the hilton Ohare airport hotel, the one connected to the airport, yep already sold out. I would have liked to have had that booked in case we got cheaper flights out of ohare, but oh well. We can choose a different hotel, but I like that one because it's connected to the airport. I had no idea it would be sold out already. Such is life. Which makes me that much more convinced we need to book this miami hotel now!

If it was me, I would wait and not book a nonrefundable. That hotel is almost always available for less on last minute travel. It was available for the 3 day weekend this year. You are just too far away for the real deals to be online at most discount sites.

I would book the hotel. Rates will likely not fall but will rise.

Keith

That is true, but honestly, LMT has that hotel constantly on their site for cheap. They just haven't loaded in January 2016 for most of the hotels yet. It's available now in the height of season for $223.

I would book the hotel but not at a non-refundable rate.

I have found that the downtown and Brickell area are actually quiet during the 3 day weekends. It seems like those of us who live here go out of town and not many come into the downtown area. Not true for the Beach area, but it is for the downtown area.