Eclipse feb 1 short review

barbels

We had a wonderful cruise on the Eclipse- so good that we booked this cruise again for next year after the first three days.

The only thing missing was Perry Grant but we made sure that he'll be on the ship next year.

Entertainment on the ship wasexcellent. Sue Denning is by far the best CD we have ever had the pleasure to sail with. I wish I had a tenth of her energy. Do not miss her solo performance; she is a great entertainer.

Music around the ship was excellent. Sonata, the part band, is great. They have a big repetoire so we didn't hear the same same old every night. The female singer has a spectacular and versatile voice. Bear Stearne, the guitarist, is a James Taylor sound alike and we enjoyed his sets very much. The pianist/singer was also very talented and a lot of fun. The jazz group and the classical duo were also very good.

The production cast was also ver good. The lead female singer has an amzing voice; I wish I knew her name. Both male singers were also very good.

There were three standouts among the guest entertainers- two great singers Lowena Fox and Lou Gazzara and the Tenors of Rock. All three acts were so good I was wondering what they were doing on a cruise ship. If any of them appears on your cruise, dont miss them. Oh I forgot to mention Claire with an unspellable last name. She is a great pianist and singer and I loved her set too. Keep it up Celebrity. I need a good reason to pay $1000 more for next year's cruise.

Food in the Mdr was a little disappointing. Most meals were good but nothing that knocked my socks off. Just not as good as it used to be.

Murano was up to its usual wonderful standards but Qsine was not good. We certainly wont be eating there again.

Service was very good as it usually is on an X cruise. I felt suitably pampered.

We had a wonderful cruise on the Eclipse- so good that we booked this cruise again for next year after the first three days.

The only thing missing was Perry Grant but we made sure that he'll be on the ship next year.

Entertainment on the ship wasexcellent. Sue Denning is by far the best CD we have ever had the pleasure to sail with. I wish I had a tenth of her energy. Do not miss her solo performance; she is a great entertainer.

Music around the ship was excellent. Sonata, the part band, is great. They have a big repetoire so we didn't hear the same same old every night. The female singer has a spectacular and versatile voice. Bear Stearne, the guitarist, is a James Taylor sound alike and we enjoyed his sets very much. The pianist/singer was also very talented and a lot of fun. The jazz group and the classical duo were also very good.

The production cast was also ver good. The lead female singer has an amzing voice; I wish I knew her name. Both male singers were also very good.

There were three standouts among the guest entertainers- two great singers Lowena Fox and Lou Gazzara and the Tenors of Rock. All three acts were so good I was wondering what they were doing on a cruise ship. If any of them appears on your cruise, dont miss them. Oh I forgot to mention Claire with an unspellable last name. She is a great pianist and singer and I loved her set too. Keep it up Celebrity. I need a good reason to pay $1000 more for next year's cruise.

Food in the Mdr was a little disappointing. Most meals were good but nothing that knocked my socks off. Just not as good as it used to be.

Murano was up to its usual wonderful standards but Qsine was not good. We certainly wont be eating there again.

Service was very good as it usually is on an X cruise. I felt suitably pampered.

We are going on the March 15 sail,as we did last year, and Perry and Sue are not something we are looking forward to. She spends half of the time praising Perry every night. Her voice starts to get to me after a week also. I like a CD who just introduces the acts and has a quiet demeanor, and does not try to be part of the entertainment. I won't even get into the Perry Grant routine. He may be there due to the large UK population on this ship.

This is just our opinion, and I appreciate the review.

Curious how the On and off logistics went??? Any delays with our customs officials, getting off. I heard they were taking excessive time slowing the lines to a crawl.

Thank you for your enthusiastic review. We will be doing our third two-week cruise on Eclipse in a month. I am so excited. Your comments about the entertainment added to the spirit.

I do agree with the writer above who said that Sue Denning's voice can grate at times and her endless energy reminds me of how I have never been able to generate that kind of intensity. I would wear myswelf out living at that pace. But that is what I love about the two-week cruises on Eclipse--the laid back pace, at least for me.

Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Was there Luggage Valet (hopefully on Southwest) offered on your cruise? We leave on 1 Mar & have our fingers crossed for it ;)

We had it offered on our Jan.18'th cruise & it was great. They'll drop a note off to your cabin & let you know. If it was like us, it comes close to the end of your first week. I'd still check in at guest relations & let them know you're interested in it.

We are going on the March 15 sail,as we did last year, and Perry and Sue are not something we are looking forward to. She spends half of the time praising Perry every night. Her voice starts to get to me after a week also. I like a CD who just introduces the acts and has a quiet demeanor, and does not try to be part of the entertainment. I won't even get into the Perry Grant routine. He may be there due to the large UK population on this ship.

Curious how the On and off logistics went??? Any delays with our customs officials, getting off. I heard they were taking excessive time slowing the lines to a crawl.

Thanks to the OP for the review, I get to experience DDDBAS (Drink, Dine, Do Bugger All Syndrome) March 1st with the lady wife. As for the CD, its pretty much a none issue for us, it being irrelevent and provided we only hear from them when it is important (no incessant jabbering please), that works for us! Each to there own, and for those that it (the CD) is an important ingredient of your cruise experience, ENJOY!

We are going on the March 15 sail,as we did last year, and Perry and Sue are not something we are looking forward to. She spends half of the time praising Perry every night. Her voice starts to get to me after a week also. I like a CD who just introduces the acts and has a quiet demeanor, and does not try to be part of the entertainment. I won't even get into the Perry Grant routine. He may be there due to the large UK population on this ship. \

Haven't had the pleasure (?) of meeting either one of them yet, but this description of Sue Denning reminds me of the CD on our NCL cruise. She was actually very good, but after 2 DAYS her constant "Yeah-ahs!" had gotten very old. ;)

We had it offered on our Jan.18'th cruise & it was great. They'll drop a note off to your cabin & let you know. If it was like us, it comes close to the end of your first week. I'd still check in at guest relations & let them know you're interested in it.

Thanks so much! Hope it's offered on ours, it makes the vacation seem longer when you're not schlepping luggage around!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Haven't had the pleasure (?) of meeting either one of them yet, but this description of Sue Denning reminds me of the CD on our NCL cruise. She was actually very good, but after 2 DAYS her constant "Yeah-ahs!" had gotten very old. ;)

Currently on the Eclipse and we have not found Sue Denning or her voice to be annoying. We have enjoyed her. I prefer the experienced CD versus many of the young CD's that come across as silly. Most of the entertainment has been very good so far.

And the other half is for herself, wondering how long it will be before she needs to have a shoulder operation for dislocating it? :rolleyes:

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞😏

Ask Host Andy. He can give you details on both of them.