Problems with EZ Check

Meena

If one has elite status with the airlines from using a credit card, do you know if the boarding pass issued by the ship will reflect that status? We have one of those United cards that gives us free luggage and a "2" boarding status and don't want to lose that by checking in with Princess.

If one has elite status with the airlines from using a credit card, do you know if the boarding pass issued by the ship will reflect that status? We have one of those United cards that gives us free luggage and a "2" boarding status and don't want to lose that by checking in with Princess.

The form asks if you have status that should cause the airline luggage fee to be waived.

scan0020_zps964c494a.jpg

The boarding passes are issued by the airline and printed by Princess, so they should have the proper boarding group. If not, have them re-issued at the airport.

Orrigionally they were going to start charging for first bag- Instead they raised the price on SECOND bag from $40 to $50----

At least that is what I was told when I recently booked a flight with them.

Thanks for posting that, I was under the impression they started charging the luggage fee in January.

Yes.

You will get the form to sign up early in the cruise. Return it ASAP to the designated Desk. You may need to show them your flight confirmation.

When you disembarkation labels arrive, they will be for this service.

You should also get the last evening your flight boarding passes.

Remember that not all airlines participate and at FLL the flights cannot be before 11:30 AM.

scan0019_zpsb3f5dadb.jpg

scan0020_zps964c494a.jpg

The Form says your flight has to be after 11:30. Our flight was at 11:15. We were Flying Southwest. We went to the passenger service desk and asked if there was any way we could do it since our flight was so close to the 11:30 deadline. They told us to fill out the paperwork and see what happens. She said it was up to the airline. We filled it out and we were accepted. So if your flight time is close to 11:30 it doesn't hurt to try.

We are doing a 7 day ending in Vancouver in april but we are going to stay overnight before heading back to LA....Does anyone know if we can still do the EZcheck with the one day lag?

Edited by LabGuy64

We are doing a 7 day ending in Vancouver in april but we are going to stay overnight before heading back to LA....Does anyone know if we can still do the EZcheck with the one day lag?

The rules are the same in any port that EZcheck is offered and the form shown in post #56 says flights must depart by midnight on the day of arrival.

Hey....don't say that.....Princess might be listening

This is such a GREAT service... I would easily pay $50 per person for it. Line last Sunday at Southwest was a mile long and we just waked by...

• 1 year later...

Me and my DH will be departing from FLL on a 9PM flight so I love the idea of EZ check. My question is: we will be trying to get all of our items into just one suitcase. Am I able to purchase the EZ check for just one person? (I do realize that I would then be responsible for checking in the other person myself on the flight and securing my own boarding pass).

Thanks ahead of time

Me and my DH will be departing from FLL on a 9PM flight so I love the idea of EZ check. My question is: we will be trying to get all of our items into just one suitcase. Am I able to purchase the EZ check for just one person? (I do realize that I would then be responsible for checking in the other person myself on the flight and securing my own boarding pass).

Thanks ahead of time

Yes, one person can use EZZ Check and not the other.

We've used it a few times and really like it. I will tell you that a few years ago our Panama Canal cruise ended in San Pedro and then went on to Alaska. Because this was the last cruise for the ship coming to San Pedro for the season they stopped offering EZ check the cruise before ours. Well, being our flight wasn't until 10:pm out of LAX we then had to either go and spend all day at the airport or find another way to get our luggage home. We decided to have FedEx send it home, which was more than what we would have spent on the airline luggage fee from the airline, but in the end, it gave us the day to spend doing some site seeing.

Another happy EZ Check user. We've used it approximately a half dozen times, and never had a problem. In fact, we liked it so much that we were disappointed that, on our last 2 Princess cruises, our return flights were too early to qualify for EZ Check (by only 20 minutes in one case, but that was enough.) We just used the Celebrity version on our cruise last month and, again, no problem whatsoever.

No, post 353 and others show that your flight must be before midnight on disembarkation day.

We've been using it since 2008, and it's great. Our last cruise was a 27 day British Isles/TA so we loved that they don't charge for overweight luggage. Also we flew United, and we were never charged the $25 that they list for United. We just paid the EZ Check fee.

Ez check did a good job of transporting our bags from ft Lauderdale to Newark. The only thing to note is that they will not check a member of your party into their flight unless you are paying the fee and checking a bag under their name. Because my 2 year old did not have a bag, he could not be checked in and was scheduled to leave the ship 2 hours after us. fortunately, the crew told us on the day we docked we could all leave together at whatever time we wanted.

While onboard the Regal first week in Feb, I was surprised to see Princess offered EZ check upon leaving. It was tempting, but I had doubts I would never see my luggage again. Has anyone tried this or has anyone experienced not seeing your luggage when you arrived at the airport. I'm considering this for true next cruise based on your responses. Also, do you think it matters what airline you fly?? Thanks.

It's the best $20 spent.

Is there a List somewhere that says which Ports/airports does EZCheck?

We cruise out of LA/San Pedro this wknd, and I would luv to use EZ upon return to LAX! Thanks

Depends on the airline as well as the port. EZcheck is great if your airline and port are one of the ones that qualify. LAX does qualify, so I suppose it depends on the airline.

BTW, you always need to meet the flight time departure criteria that Princess requires to make it work no matter what else (airline, port, etc.).

If your situation works, then, go for it. So much less hassle. Did it and would do it again.

We have used it over 10 times with no problems. Will use it every time its available. The last time a few years ago it wasn't offered out of LA (San Pedro). Does anyone know if this has changed? We have bean leaving out of FLL our last few cruises and have used it. Its great getting to the airport with just your carry on and heading straight to security.

We have used it over 10 times with no problems. Will use it every time its available. The last time a few years ago it wasn't offered out of LA (San Pedro). Does anyone know if this has changed? We have bean leaving out of FLL our last few cruises and have used it. Its great getting to the airport with just your carry on and heading straight to security.

Thats why I was asking about SanPedro.... I can't find info that verifys IF its available there?

Were flying Southwest, which doesn't charge for bags.

So not really sure what EZ would charge?

But IF its available (and yes our flights would qualify) IS EZ Available at San Pedro currently????

Thats why I was asking about SanPedro.... I can't find info that verifys IF its available there?

Were flying Southwest, which doesn't charge for bags.

So not really sure what EZ would charge?

But IF its available (and yes our flights would qualify) IS EZ Available at San Pedro currently????

Unless it has changed EZ check is $20.00, if your airline charges baggage fees Princess will pay those and the charges will appear on your on board account.

Thanks ahead of time

Our daughter had a 8pm flight out of FLL and they would not allow her to use EZ check. They said the airline Southwest said they didn't have the room to store the bags for that late of a flight. Our flight was at 4pm same day and no problem. There were 6 ships in port that morning, so that may have beenpart of the problem.

We've only had two issues, both minor, and both a couple of weeks ago on the Emerald Princess. First, we received two sets of luggage tags each with different sets of numbers. We had to call the PSD and the only explanation they could provide was that our flight times had changed. (As it turned out, they hadn't. We don't know why we got two sets of tags.) We went with the tags with a B on them, thinking they were printed after the A tags.

At the airport, DH's boarding pass wouldn't scan. Luckily, he was able to present a mobile boarding pass instead.

Our bags have always arrived with us at our home airport.

It's important to note that the top part of the boarding pass we received on the ship is the baggage receipt. If you're flying Southwest, they collect the bottom half at the gate but tell you to hold on to the top half until you collect your luggage after the flight.

Pmorton3360 wrote:

I used it this Sunday from the Regal. No problems. My flight was at 6:30 and spent my day on the water taxi and a nice lunch at Flip Flops. Record number of cruise passengers that day.

Thats what we were planning to do!! Want to spend more time in town and then catch a late flight on SWA. Where did you catch the water taxi?