Hotel in Miami

BrPanthers99

We stayed at the Airport Embassy Suites. The run a shuttle every 30 min from airport and it's a quick trip to the cruise port. They offer bus service to the port the morning of cruise, but we had the concierge call for a minivan taxi for the 4 of us and it was $25 + tip.

I just checked my rates with last minute travel club, to join the club is free, my Intercontinental hotel downtown is $136/night compared with the hotel's web rate of $250.00. i'm staying from April 4-6. this is a great deal for a super hotel. taxi cost to the port is $10.00

Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport. Nice clean place. Free breakfast buffet and airport shuttle pick up 24/7. It also has direct shuttle service to cruise ship terminal for $10 pp.

Edited by sfaaa

Where is a good reasonable place to stay in Miami the night before a cruise? Is it worth staying right at the port? Should I say near the airport and just take a cab once over in the morning?

Thoughts

It depends on what time you arrive and when you will be cruising. Hotels in Miami are crazy expensive. We are staying at the Embassy suites at the airport the night before our April flight. the rate is about $215 including transfers to the ship. Of course E. suites includes a managers cocktail hour with appitizers (usually enough to allow us to skp dinner) and full made to oreder breakfast. We have stayed at several other locations in Miami. There is a Holiday Inn near the port, but you will be paying taxi fare to the hotel and then to the port from the hote. The same with the Intercontinental close to the Holiday Inn. We were just mildly happy with the Holiday Inn. We thought the price was ok, but when we added up the other costs we decided staying closer to the airport was better for us.

We stayed near the airport where we had a free parking package.

The hotel was recently renovated, with a nice top floor restaurant and friendly people.

MIAMI-INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

1111 SOUTH ROYAL POINCIANA BLVD

MIAMI SPRINGS FL 33166

Front Desk: 1-305-8851941

Where is a good reasonable place to stay in Miami the night before a cruise? Is it worth staying right at the port? Should I say near the airport and just take a cab once over in the morning?

Thoughts

I used Priceline for the first time when we went. I picked a 4 star and bid $120 which got me the Hyatt Regency. If i had to do it over I would start bidding at $80...or I would pick 5 star and start at $90...

I used Priceline for the first time when we went. I picked a 4 star and bid $120 which got me the Hyatt Regency. If i had to do it over I would start bidding at $80...or I would pick 5 star and start at $90...

i am glad princeline worked for you. WE have used it 3 previous times: the first time was a charm. We ended up with the Crown Plaza in San Pedro at an unbelievable price. The second time was still a deal, but not much different than we could have gotten using any of the hotels discount websites, the third and last time was a total disaster. OUr daughter and son in law also got burned twice. Personally I would never use them again. We do use travelocity and a few others from time to time. Also some of them will not give frequent stayer points either. That can work against us.

I like the Intercontinental and always reserve it using last minute travel dot com - it's similar to priceline. In fact, they have a "club" site which is lmtclub dot com. It supposed to have a fee, but if you google coupon code for the site, you can get a membership for free. Then you can actually see the hotels vs. just the -star ratings. My next sailing in July I paid $130 for it and same room (refundable) was $160. I've found even deeper discounts at different times.

We are staying at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami for $183 taxes in (US). Came to $211 CDN with all taxes and fees.

W are only a $10/10 minute cab ride from the port so we don't need a shuttle.

That's the one I'm looking at. Is there a store within walking distance to buy cases of water for the cruise? And also a place to get a cheap breakfast? I'm used to staying at a hotel that offers free breakfast but thought it would be fun to stay so close to port:D

That's the one I'm looking at. Is there a store within walking distance to buy cases of water for the cruise? And also a place to get a cheap breakfast? I'm used to staying at a hotel that offers free breakfast but thought it would be fun to stay so close to port:D

CVS is 1 block away. Can even get wine if you want.

Holiday Inn has a buffett. Also, Bayside Mall is across the street where you can eat breakfast.

We are staying April 5th at the DoubleTree by Hilton Miami Airport and Convention Center. We got the Pre-cruise package which includes transportation from the airport to the hotel, room, breakfast for 2 people, transportation to the port. Total price = $ 213.57 That includes the $ 24.57 for taxes. The package is $ 189.00

It depends on what time you arrive and when you will be cruising. Hotels in Miami are crazy expensive. We are staying at the Embassy suites at the airport the night before our April flight. the rate is about $215 including transfers to the ship. Of course E. suites includes a managers cocktail hour with appitizers (usually enough to allow us to skp dinner) and full made to oreder breakfast. We have stayed at several other locations in Miami. There is a Holiday Inn near the port, but you will be paying taxi fare to the hotel and then to the port from the hote. The same with the Intercontinental close to the Holiday Inn. We were just mildly happy with the Holiday Inn. We thought the price was ok, but when we added up the other costs we decided staying closer to the airport was better for us.

Hi, Nita:

I read some reviews that said they felt "unsafe " at the Embassy Suites at the airport as the neighborhood is "dicey". We usually love these hotels because they have the breakfast and the reception- perfect pre-cruise. Did you feel that way? We need to. Stay 2 nights..haven't flown in to MIA in many years..

Thanks

We usually stay at the Marriott Key Biscayne, we like a very nice hotel and realize there are many other hotels near the pier (within 10 miles), can anybody suggest a nice hotel that would have nice restaurants and a lounge/bar to spend time at night at and not be far from the pier?

Edited by lyndamr