What is your favorite food to eat on Royal Caribbean

Food I dont have to cook or clean up after! ;)

I'm addicted to Cafe Promenade. I can stop by for a sandwich anytime! A common mid day activity for the family is one person goes to Sorrentos at one end of the promenade, the other goes to CP. We pick up a variety of sandwiches, cookies and pizza and then sit and people watch or take the goodies to our balcony. :) good times!

I have the worst memory about some things, while others stick very clear. I will have to pay attention and write a review on the various foods this next cruise because between 5 of us we tend to try almost everything!

I just put on a couple of kilograms reading this thread.:eek::eek::eek: It all sounds good to me as long as there are no mushrooms on my plate. My favorites are Bircher muesli and bread pudding, but I really do like the way they do their creamy mashed potatoes.:D:D:D

Edited by mildew1951

I just read all 5 pages and was surprised no one said the midnight chocolate buffet. To me chocolate is a seperate and necessary food group and I was in heaven. I also enjoyed the cold soups and the scrambled eggs. I think my husband liked the steaks and knowing he could have one every night was good for him.

Keep the list going.

Connie

Does Royal Caribbean have a midnight chocolate buffet? I read they used to but not anymore. Please tell me they still have it :)

I can not recommend any bread items unless from the MDR. The rolls on the Park café roast beef sandwiches as well as the Promenade Sandwiches are notoriously dry and hard to eat. Not sure why people wait in line for those when there's much better options.

Recommended:

Pistachio Ice cream in MDR-you will probably have to ask for it but they have it. Don't let them tell you they don't, it is one of the best things on the ship.

Allure/Oasis-Wipe out Café-Pretzel Dogs are awesome

Most of the soups are always very good. A cruise staple over the years.

Bircher Muesli and Eggs Benedict for breakfast if done correctly. (varies by ship)

Tutti Salad for Lunch (chopped properly, varies by ship)

Lamb Shank, Duck and Prime Rib at dinner. (consistently good)

Sushi at Jade Sushi on Voyager and Freedom Class ships as appetizer after 6:30 pm prior to having late seating dinner in MDR. (great complimentary sushi, but otherwise Izumi is great) Got lucky on Oasis TA as Izumi was not yet open so they had Izumi sushi nightly complimentary in WJ on this sailing.

Every fruit variation cold soup. Got to try them all on 13 day Oasis TA and 12 night Liberty TA.

Many of these were sure missed on the Quantum maiden voyage, but most replaced by new favorites.

What exactly are the "savory bites" and where did you find them?? I thought I read they were in the MDR - I must have missed them! I love anything savory that's why I'm curious.

Thanks for all the mouthwatering tips!

Michelle

Michelle, here you go!

attachment.php?attachmentid=341495&stc=1&d=1424883473

692987648_SavoryBites-MDRRoyalCaribbean.jpg.bf26112b01beec56d9d9a33b1916ab38.jpg

That is a bummer. Do they have a chocolate buffet like carnival?

I don't know of any chocolate buffet on Royal. Only thing that comes to mind is the chocolate breakfast they have one day in the MDR. No reservations, no booking in advance, no extra cost. Just ask your dinner waiter when it will be.

The hubs & I both love the pumpkin seed rolls in the MDR. I really enjoyed the mushroom tart last time on Oasis and the Lamb chops, the lamb shank was ok but the chops...outstanding! Also the escargot for me...hubby won't touch the stuff! LOL Doesn't know what he's missing. He, on the other hand, likes the shrimp cocktail and the sliders in the MDR. We both like the cheesecake pops in the Promenade Cafe. OH(!!!) And I almost forgot.... the carrot cake in the MDR...very good. Gee, I just realized I could go on & on!!!

I'm really getting hungry here.......:eek:

For me, the Grand Marinier Souffle in the MDR. We nissed it one night because we ate in another venue. DH asked about it and our waiter had it for us the next night.:) I am also a fan of the Savory Bites. I had to ask for them once...and they had them for me every night after. I had the strawberry crepe for dessert once at lunch in the MDR. I still dream about it.

Edited by Sunny AZ Girl

I also like the pumpkin seed bread rolls in the MDR. I am also a big fan of the battered fries in the buffet when they have them.

I have found the cream to be lovely real cream in the buffet at breakfast time with my pancakes and syrup. I just have a issue with my perception of how much cream I put on. I never think I put on much and then when I sit down I think "did I put that much cream on?". Oh dear :)

I basically find it hard to remember when I had something I didn't like, and if you don't like it they will bring you something else. Sometimes when you do like it they will bring you another! (Very dangerous for the waistline)