What is your favorite food to eat on Royal Caribbean

We like the chocolate breakfast served in the MDR, ask your waiter what day it

is served, typically day 6 on a 7 nighter, but may vary from ship to ship

A small sampler to wet your appetite.

imagejpg2_zps6063957c.jpg

Oh my that looks so yummy!! I am going to gain 10 pounds on this cruise but boy will it be worth it!!

Filet mignon at a captain's table….or any other officer's table…especially when they have chimichurri sauce made available.:):):)

Second favorite is the ice cream with fresh fruit in an almond bowl served at the same table.

Edited by beachnative

Flourless chocolate cake!! When they have the "choco-trino" dessert, we tell them just to bring the FCC and leave the rest in the kitchen!

Or you can go to the Windjammer buffet that night and have as much as you want! :p

I love the Muesli in the Windjmammer at breakfast. It is delicious.

As for main dining room dinner menu, we like the lamb shank as well, and often the lamb rib chops are good. The arancini make a tasty appetizer (rice balls stuffed with mushrooms and fried). The croquettes and red cabbage served with the duck are better than the duck, usually. The sliders at dinner are tasty, especially with the tarragon aioli.

As for lunch in the MDR on sea days, we always hope for the menu with the beef Carpaccio, which is better than the variation served at dinner. Also, the desserts at lunch in the MDR tend to be better than the dinner ones.

I agree w/ the sliders, but I think it's the tomato brioche rolls and aioli more than the beef. I'm not usually a slider fan. Sometimes we will get a plate of them to share slong w/ our entree.

I don't usually like fruit desserts, but I do like the raspberry peach crumble.

I was VERY surprised when I ordered the "any time" steak. I wasn't expecting much but I asked for rare and it was rare, and not tough and relatively tasty.

OTOH I"m not a fan of the lobster b/c on most ships the "free" lobster is warm water and not as tasty IMO as cold water. And between the warm water and being frozen, the texture is inconsistent at best.

Lasagna is decent. (even better in Giovanni's)

Braised beef duo (short rib and a slice of beef on grits) with wine sauce

Rosemary lamb shanks

Escargot

The bread, especially the "cheesy seedy" bread w/ cheddar cheese and pepitas or sunflower seeds on top.

the chilled soups

Oh, I loved the chilled banana soups!

I was also loved the fresh rolls in the MDR. I was impressed to see they are made from scratch each day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse wacky auto-correct-induced typos.