What is your favorite food to eat on Royal Caribbean

What exactly are the savory bites? And on what ships are the crepes offered? Please enlighten me😊

They are small pieces of bread offered as one of the selections in the bread basket during dinner in the Main Dining Room. We have had them on every Royal ship. However, I don't know if they are offered in any of the dining rooms included as part of Dynamic Dining.

From another website:

These poppy seed covered bread bites take one or two bites to eat and have become a Royal Caribbean classic food. It's basically a little savory sour dough "nugget" with herbs baked in that is kind of like a mini roll.

I've found that often I have to ask for the Savory Bites. I've had many occasions where they don't just offer them, but when I ask, they ALMOST always have them. Weird.

I really never referred to them as 'Savory Bites' but I always have asked for just one as I do not like to eat too much bread and they were just the 'smallest' for me. I had to laugh now that I found out that my favorite was actually these 'Savory Bites' I had heard about.

I had an experience that may explain your dilemma on the Oasis westbound TA in October. I happened to ask for a second one on the 2nd night of the 13 night TA and having reached the magic Diamond level this year, I guess that meant that I expected a basket full of them in front of me each night at dinner for the remaining 11 nights. I felt bad almost as I never took more than one or maybe 2, but there the basket sat on my arrival each night.

I was surprised to find out from this fantastic Assistant Waiter after I had presented him with an 'envelope' for this exceptional service that this was his first cruise as a waiter after being transferred into the MDR from room service.

So, my theory is that the D, D+ and Pinnacles have been 'hoarding' the savory bites.

However, I don't know if they are offered in any of the dining rooms included as part of Dynamic Dining.

[/i][/font]

I did not see them on Quantum, but did notice that the WJ on Q had a very much upgraded bread, baked goods and cookie section at the front that I personally avoided, but it looked like a great variety compared to the other RCI WJs.

I think the missing Assistant Waiters on Q sort of affected the bread and beverage service with DD and maybe this will change a little now that they are adding them back again.

So this is my first Royal Caribbean cruise. You know we all have a favorite must food on a cruise. So tell me what is yours and if you have a picture that is even better. I want to make sure I don't miss anything good to eat on FOS. :)

Don't know what they have these cookies laced with in the Windjammer, but they are the best choco chip cookies I've ever eaten. Either that or it's a psychological thing because I can't stop eating them once I start...:eek:

It's a chewy coconut and oat cookie (or it should be chewy--sometimes they come out a bit overbaked).

DH is a cookie freak and he swears that the best place to get the cookies is at the coffee place where they are fresher than at the Windjammer.

Nope. Solid cunchy seasoned bread. For lack of a better description, they are almost like a huge tasty crouton.

Except that they are soft in the middle!

This thread is making me hungry and I just had lunch :D

First cruise on Allure but I must say that those cupcakes from the cupcake shop look scrumptions.

Question...I heard that they have lobsters one night in the MDR. Is it included or is it an additional fee?