Isn't she pretty? (Vista Photo)

Velvetwater

I am surprised we haven't heard anything about vista 2 yet.

I am still hoping they are concentrating all marketing on the Vista until she sails, then move on to the new unnamed ship. I have other less desirable thoughts as well.......

I am surprised we haven't heard anything about vista 2 yet.

This from Dec 2014:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation-announces-two-new-ship-orders-with-fincantieri-300012323.html

<<>>

Carnival Cruise Line's as-yet-unnamed 3,954-passenger vessel, which is the 26th ship in the line's fleet, will offer many of the newest and most popular features from Carnival's current ships, along with several innovations that will be exclusive to this vessel. The delivery date for the new cruise ship is scheduled for March 2018. Homeport and itinerary information will be announced at a later date.

The new ship will be a sister ship to Carnival Vista, which is slated for delivery in spring 2016. Carnival plans to announce details on the many unique features and innovations of Carnival Vista during a three-day event for media, travel agents and consumers in New York Jan. 22-24, 2015.

<<>>

Personally, I want Carnival to have cruise ships that visit Antarctica. That is on my bucket list.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

This from Dec 2014:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/carnival-corporation-announces-two-new-ship-orders-with-fincantieri-300012323.html

<<>>

Carnival Cruise Line's as-yet-unnamed 3,954-passenger vessel, which is the 26th ship in the line's fleet, will offer many of the newest and most popular features from Carnival's current ships, along with several innovations that will be exclusive to this vessel. The delivery date for the new cruise ship is scheduled for March 2018. Homeport and itinerary information will be announced at a later date.

The new ship will be a sister ship to Carnival Vista, which is slated for delivery in spring 2016. Carnival plans to announce details on the many unique features and innovations of Carnival Vista during a three-day event for media, travel agents and consumers in New York Jan. 22-24, 2015.

<<>>

I meant we havent heard anything about her name or steel cutting o

I meant we havent heard anything about her name or steel cutting o

Nope not yet. Haven't been able to find anything about the media event last January (2015), which was to talk about her special amenities.

My guess is when Vista's maiden voyage is close, we'll hear more about Sister Vista.

Still missing life boats.

Most, if not all, of the starboard side life boats were in place last month. Most of the port side life boats are also in place. I'm no expert, but I'm assuming the final port side life boats are being left off right now for construction access. She has more than enough life boats on her for sea trials.

I'm curious about the age of some of the photos. They began installing the SkyRide track over 2 weeks ago, but this most recent photo shows no progress since then. Did they stop? Or is this photo 2 weeks old but just now becoming public?

Edited by Sam_Eagle

Most, if not all, of the starboard side life boats were in place last month. Most of the port side life boats are also in place. I'm no expert, but I'm assuming the final port side life boats are being left off right now for construction access. She has more than enough life boats on her for sea trials.

I'm curious about the age of some of the photos. They began installing the SkyRide track over 2 weeks ago, but this most recent photo shows no progress since then. Did they stop? Or is this photo 2 weeks old but just now becoming public?

Having seen ship construction up close and in personal, this is most likely a month old or older.

Edited by Keys2Heaven

65 days until the inaugural, and the sea trials haven't taken place. I'd be nervous! That said, this is the first time I've followed a new build with interest, so not sure this is "normal". The interior fittings appear to have a long way to go too. Fingers crossed all will be ready for folks on the first few sailings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've been saying the same for a while, unless the pictures we are seeing are weeks to a month old, she's behind schedule if I were to take a guess. Have yet to see a picture of a finished section of the interior or exterior for that matter. Crew is supposed to arrive in March, which is tomorrow, not sure what the plan is with them at this point. I've not seen any postings on John Heald's Facebook page recently, regarding progress of the ship. I'm praying all is on schedule, otherwise, it will be a domino effect for everyone, as cruises begin to get pushed back or canceled.

The crew isn't arriving to April. Someone on my roll call just got off the Breeze and he was talking to an entertainer which got a 1 year contract on the Vista. And as far as the staff are aware is that the Vista will be done on time. That being said it still doesn't mean they are keeping all the staff in the loop.

65 days until the inaugural, and the sea trials haven't taken place. I'd be nervous! That said, this is the first time I've followed a new build with interest, so not sure this is "normal". The interior fittings appear to have a long way to go too. Fingers crossed all will be ready for folks on the first few sailings.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I am not sure it is not normal either. I asked a Carnival person last week and the reply I got was she will sail on schedule.

Edited by jimbo5544

With my friend getting into cruise sales and meeting her late 80's and being in touch until mid 2000's....it was so fun to go over any new build. I still do to a degree...not as closely..but it is just pure exciting and fun to think of that excitement on the last Fantasy ships and all the Conquest class and so many with Rccl, NCL, Hal, Princess and Carnival in her early years of selling..all the new and old and changed things..the masssive undertakings and always wonderful roomy cabins and more and more balconies on Carnival...We would talk for hrs on all the new things and all the names.She went on many many TA Innaugurals...LOL. Just exciting..new ships and new planes..and trains and cars..all of it..lol. Keep having fun all!!

NOT LONG NOW.

Edited by sjn911

I am not sure it is not normal either. I asked a Carnival person last week and the reply I got was she will sail on schedule.

Carnival is still selling cabins for the inaugural cruise. I'm not sure if that's worth anything but you'd think if they were going to have to keep a bunch on contractors on the ship for the first sailing they'd shut off cabin sales.

Edited by fuddrules

We sailed on both the Dream inaugural in 2009 and the Breeze in 2012. Both in the Med, and I recall threads on here at the time saying they were not going to be ready on time. Both were delivered on schedule and passed their sea trials.

I do recall there were some workers on board the Dream when she sailed though.