Isn't she pretty? (Vista Photo)

Velvetwater

I wonder how Carnival would handle it if construction were to be delayed? Would they just cancel the first cruise or would they push everything back based on how much more time is needed? Someone should ask John Heald :)

Edited by Mr305

I imagine that if some of the work before the sea trials ins't complete they can still work on other areas they would usually be working on during sea trials.

Sure they've got to do things they can only do during sea trails and beyond but they can also start doing other things that would usually be done when shes floating about.

Anyway, they had better not push the cruises back as mine is in August and thats the only time I can sail. ;)

There's quite a bit of work going on now on top decks, mostly outdoors. Saw a picture from Matt Mitcham (Vista's Cruise Director), pool area has yet to be worked on. While the support beams are in for the water slides, the slides themselves are not yet in place. If March 27th is when sea trials get underway, I suspect its all hands on deck to complete all exterior work that requires heavy a crane or any type of heavy lifting equipment.

I wonder how Carnival would handle it if construction were to be delayed? Would they just cancel the first cruise or would they push everything back based on how much more time is needed? Someone should ask John Heald :)

This is my first time cruising on Carnival. It happened a couple of times with Disney on ships coming out of Dry dock. They cancelled the cruises that were affected refunded the money and if I remember correctly they gave everyone a free cruise. Pushing everyone back would just screw everyone up. They would have to refund airfare, and I'm sure a lot of people would cancel because the new dates wouldn't work.

All I can say is I had booked the third cruise scheduled for the Sunshine. This cruise ended up being the inaugural cruise. There were still contractors on board when she docked in Venice. They were removed dumpsters off the decks to get ready. There were a bunch of things still "works in progress' and the water works didn't open till the end of the cruise. One of the folks on our roll call had booked one of the new spa cabins. When they tried to get into the cabin it was flooded and they ended up in an inside cabin. Carnival did a binch of things for them. I hope they finish the Vista but don't rush it and start before things were complete.

All I can say is I had booked the third cruise scheduled for the Sunshine. This cruise ended up being the inaugural cruise. There were still contractors on board when she docked in Venice. They were removed dumpsters off the decks to get ready. There were a bunch of things still "works in progress' and the water works didn't open till the end of the cruise. One of the folks on our roll call had booked one of the new spa cabins. When they tried to get into the cabin it was flooded and they ended up in an inside cabin. Carnival did a binch of things for them. I hope they finish the Vista but don't rush it and start before things were complete.

How far in advance did you find out that the first two cruises were cancelled? We are on the second cruise May 14. I would actually be ok with rescheduling as long I got to pick the week.

I don't think the Vista can be compared to the Sunshine. The Sunshine was trying to convert the Destiny in a short time frame into a new ship. Part of the delay, if I recall, was to allow time to install new back-up generators as the result of the Triumph incident. The Vista is a new build and doesn't face the challenges that the Sunshine did.

When the Triumph debuted in 1999 they found problems with the variable pitch propellers during sea trials. Triumph had to return to dry dock for repairs to correct the problem. She was delayed about 2 weeks which resulted in Carnival having to cancel her first few cruises. We didn't originally book the inaugural but because of the delays our sailing became the Triumph's Inaugural 5 day cruise up to Canada! With this I learned to never book the very first cruise of a new ship or a first sailing after dry dock!

I was checking out the progress photos on the Carnival site. I saw our deck 6 Havana Premium Balcony in one of the Wet Dock photos, showing the aft.

Pretty cool to see it all come together! I can't wait for cabin photos to make their way out to the internet!

http://o.canada.com/travel/ports-and-bows/cruise-newsmaker-for-today-carnival#.VtjFk5SNykg.email

This article from Monday- Feb. 29, 2016 - they are putting the final touches on the Vista now!

How far in advance did you find out that the first two cruises were cancelled? We are on the second cruise May 14. I would actually be ok with rescheduling as long I got to pick the week.

We never received information of the other two being cancelled only what we read on CC about it.

I don't think the Vista can be compared to the Sunshine. The Sunshine was trying to convert the Destiny in a short time frame into a new ship. Part of the delay, if I recall, was to allow time to install new back-up generators as the result of the Triumph incident. The Vista is a new build and doesn't face the challenges that the Sunshine did.

Actually the generator install had been done earlier in the build as they opened the ship side up to install this generator. Most of the stuff that was not finished was along the lines of plumbing and AC. Your right it was a little different in what was done but with that said I hope they finish on schedule and that "Sea Trials " get underway soon. Can't wait for our trip in August.

Your signature says the Vista is going to Ljubana, Slovenia? News to me :D

If you're referring to my signature it's because that is where I'm going and will be included in my review. It also lists Venice which the Vista is not going to as well. I think the Vista will have a pretty hard time getting to Ljubljana! Heading 200 or so kilometers inland is going to be a bit tough for the Vista to plow through! :D