luggage

Unicorn3

We use a rolling garment bag for dresses, tux, shirts, etc. and pack them using dry cleaner bags. I've only had one gown that needed to be pressed in 13 cruises. The cost to have it done on board was very reasonable.

We cruise on Celebrity and they do not have laundry rooms or irons for passengers to use. Nor are you permitted to bring irons or steamers on board. Some lines do have passenger laundry rooms but not sure which ones.

We use a rolling garment bag for dresses, tux, shirts, etc. and pack them using dry cleaner bags. I've only had one gown that needed to be pressed in 13 cruises. The cost to have it done on board was very reasonable.

We cruise on Celebrity and they do not have laundry rooms or irons for passengers to use. Nor are you permitted to bring irons or steamers on board. Some lines do have passenger laundry rooms but not sure which ones.

Almost all of the Carnival corporation ships have laundry rooms. A few HAL ships do not (Westerdam and her sisters and a few others).

Irons only, no steamers.

Many will pack in plastic bags and/or bundle wrapping.

Then hang in a steamy bathroom.

We been cruising for over 15 years and just started using a carry garment bag for suits and dresses the last couple of years. I don't know why we waited so long because the dresses and suits come out much better and packing the rest of our clothes is much easier.

Burt

Edited by Beachdude

Hi, Unicorn....you don't say which line you're with...the lines we've travelled with which have launderettes and irons are Princess, P&O and Thomson- the last 2 are free but I think Princess, which used to be free, now charges a minor fee for washing machines.

Usually the creases drop out when the dress is hung up, but you can leave it hanging in the shower room for minor creases.

Unicorn...I just looked on your other posts to see if I could find out your ship- the lovely Azura- yes, she has launderettes with irons on almost every deck which has cabins. :cool:

Enjoy...a great ship. :)

I was wondering what other ladies did with their evening dresses when traveling to and from the ship - any ideas how to keep them nice and un-creased? Also do the ships have steamers on board? Thanks

mine is hung in the garment bag along with DH's Mess Dress Uniform. Mine is knit so no ironing necessary.

some cruise lines DO NOT have on board facilities for self serve laundry/ironing so it must be sent out of pressing.

I have 2 dresses I use for formal nights. One, cocktail length, and packs very nicely in a gallon zip-loc bag. No wrinkles. The other, full length, is a soft velvet on the top, and the skirt is chiffon over taffeta. The chiffon/taffeta have a kind of wrinkled look to them, so any wrinkles that get picked up in packing just fit in.

I don't pack stuff that needs special handling. One suitcase and a backpack is all I can handle.