Sailing with non-Diamond. cabin mate.

No he wont receive any perks. There is some possibility an exception would be made for the events, if you require his assistance to get around. You would be best off discussing that in advance with the social needs deartment. You should be prepared for them to say no though, as they are restricted quite closely to guests who have earned the loyalty perk.

OP, some of the people on this forum act like being Diamond is like being the President of the United States. It's not. If you are sharing a cabin with someone and you go to get priority tender, or embarkation, or whatever else they are not going to split up the cabinmates. There's no Secret Service there to safeguard the secret office or keep the undesirables away from the nuclear launch codes.

I really don't think they would tell you that your grandson/cabinmate cannot go with you to an event or to get in a line.

Imagine a dating couple, or even one being married in a port of call, being separated in lines and everything else because one is not Diamond.

He won't get the Diamond coupons and things like that, but he also won't have to use the back door "help" entrance.

Edited by JasonTehGreat

OP, some of the people on this forum act like being Diamond is like being the President of the United States. It's not. If you are sharing a cabin with someone and you go to get priority tender, or embarkation, or whatever else they are not going to split up the cabinmates. There's no Secret Service there to safeguard the secret office or keep the undesirables away from the nuclear launch codes.

I really don't think they would tell you that your grandson/cabinmate cannot go with you to an event or to get in a line.

Imagine a dating couple, or even one being married in a port of call, being separated in lines and everything else because one is not Diamond.

He won't get the Diamond coupons and things like that, but he also won't have to use the back door "help" entrance.

Imagine the concept in a world outside of entitlement, where People would just use the "regular" line together:rolleyes::eek:

Imagine the concept in a world outside of entitlement, where People would just use the "regular" line together:rolleyes::eek:

I don't care so much about using a priority line or whatever, it's this idea that pops up frequently where SOME of the higher tiered passengers think they've been elevated to royalty and that it's such an exclusive place that people can't be there with family or friends sharing the same cabin.

I don't care so much about using a priority line or whatever, it's this idea that pops up frequently where SOME of the higher tiered passengers think they've been elevated to royalty and that it's such an exclusive place that people can't be there with family or friends sharing the same cabin.

I see it more that RCI has created a loyalty reward Programme which grants certain perks to members of respective Levels and to not include friends/cabin mates who have no or lower Level.

To me it´s about the idea that Pops up here frequently, where SOME of the higher tiered passengers think they´ve been elevated to royalty and that they are entitled to Bypass all the rules and should be entitled to bring all in their Party.

I fully understand not wanting to be seperated from my friends and I´ve been in that Situation often times before, but to me the only Logical solution is to Bypass a Party, a Lounge, a seperate line etc. and go with my friends instead of getting my friends into somewhere they are not entitled to.

Royal Caribbean at no point had said that if only one person in the cabin is of a particular loyalty status that only they can go to priority check-in, tenders, etc. .. that's the people on here with superiority complexes that have said that. As a matter of fact if two people in the same cabin show up for embarkation and one is good and one is diamond guess which line staff directs them to enter: diamond! The self entitled people here can't stand that because they have created restrictions that the cruise line has not in an effort to claim to be more important than they are.

Royal Caribbean at no point had said that if only one person in the cabin is of a particular loyalty status that only they can go to priority check-in, tenders, etc. .. that's the people on here with superiority complexes that have said that. As a matter of fact if two people in the same cabin show up for embarkation and one is good and one is diamond guess which line staff directs them to enter: diamond! The self entitled people here can't stand that because they have created restrictions that the cruise line has not in an effort to claim to be more important than they are.

Unlike Celebrity, RCI does not give the same perks to cabin mates of different Status. Read the C&A T&C´s and Show me where it says cabin mates will be included.

My experience is obvious different than yours as well. I´ve absolutely have experienced port staff direct People to the line for the lowest C&A Level member in a cabin and refuse the use of the "higher Level" line for both.

Access to the DL/CL has for sure been denied for cabin mates who were not eligible, this is nothing that has been created on CC, but something you can experience in real life on the ships. I don´t say there are Concierges allowing cabin mates in, but for sure this is not the norm, but the exception. Again this is different than Celebrity.

Another example are behind the Scene tours and yes my cabin mates were not invited. It´s not about if I think they should be included or not, but the reality is the Programm is not set up to include cabin mates per RCI´s decision.

We plan on taking our granddaughter on her first cruise for her 10th birthday in August. We are D+, but she has no status with Crown and Anchor because it will be her 1st cruise. We don't drink so if we ever go to the CL it's just for coffee and seldom go during cocktail hour because we have early seating and are getting ready for dinner. My question is when we are invited to Top Tier and other events by invitation, would she be included ? Not a big deal to us because we often don't go anyway, just wondering. This cruise will be for her so we will happily adapt to what entertains her and what is appropriate for her age. She might enjoy some time in Adventure Ocean and makes friends easily, but we won't want to be too far from her.

We plan this as an annual event the week after her birthday and maybe do another one with her time permitting during the year.

We plan on taking our granddaughter on her first cruise for her 10th birthday in August. We are D+, but she has no status with Crown and Anchor because it will be her 1st cruise. We don't drink so if we ever go to the CL it's just for coffee and seldom go during cocktail hour because we have early seating and are getting ready for dinner. My question is when we are invited to Top Tier and other events by invitation, would she be included ? Not a big deal to us because we often don't go anyway, just wondering. This cruise will be for her so we will happily adapt to what entertains her and what is appropriate for her age. She might enjoy some time in Adventure Ocean and makes friends easily, but we won't want to be too far from her.

We plan this as an annual event the week after her birthday and maybe do another one with her time permitting during the year.

She would not technically be included, but I doubt anyone would mind if you bring her. Now, if you are bringing your granddaughter and 10 of her friends, then someone will probably say something.

This will be my son's first Cruise with Royal. I am Diamond. Is he able to attend Diamond events with me or enjoy any perks. I am disabled. But would like him to be able to accompany ny means we will be cabin mates. Thank you. We sail on Indy on March 8.

the assumption here is that the is not your minor child residing in your home and thus cannot linked to your account.

as such no he is NOT entitled to any Diamond access or perks.

the best he can hope for is being allowed to check in using the Diamond line with you and probably allowed to board with you

This cruise will be for her so we will happily adapt to what entertains her and what is appropriate for her age...

Aww, what a nice present. :) I'm sure you will all have a great time. But yeah - I think most will agree that a bunch of adults standing/sitting around drinking all the free liquor is probably not appropriate for your grand daughter. ;) I'm sure you know what I mean.

She would not technically be included, but I doubt anyone would mind if you bring her. Now, if you are bringing your granddaughter and 10 of her friends, then someone will probably say something.

So stealing a penny would be ok but not ten cents? Same principle, it's either alright or it's not. RCL awards perks based on certain criteria and either you meet that criteria or you don't. If that 10 year old got the last reserved seat at the ice show and I'm turned away that's NOT ok. If everyone brings just one more person into the tender line that doesn't have the earned perk to be there then those who earned this reward are penalized by waiting longer for a tender.

Edited by cruzsnooze

Aww, what a nice present. :) I'm sure you will all have a great time. But yeah - I think most will agree that a bunch of adults standing/sitting around drinking all the free liquor is probably not appropriate for your grand daughter. ;) I'm sure you know what I mean.

Thanks for the quick answers. We will only have her and she has very good manners but is not used to being around adults drinking etc. She will probably keep us at the pool ,miniature golf, basketball court, ice rink, and all the other fun things for kids. I do want her to do formal nights in the dining room just for the experience of figuring out which fork to use etc. She has no real clue what to expect, but she did see a Quantum commercial and wants to do it someday for the bumper cars! Kids are so much fun in the right environment !

Thanks for the quick answers. We will only have her and she has very good manners but is not used to being around adults drinking etc. She will probably keep us at the pool ,miniature golf, basketball court, ice rink, and all the other fun things for kids. I do want her to do formal nights in the dining room just for the experience of figuring out which fork to use etc. She has no real clue what to expect, but she did see a Quantum commercial and wants to do it someday for the bumper cars! Kids are so much fun in the right environment !

I'm of the thought that it would be good to expose the gd to the welcome back party. Who knows, she may be the next female captain on rccl inspired by that time she took a cruise with her family and met the captain of such and such a trip.

I'm diamond ... Do a great deal of travelling off ships and I am in my forties. My son is 20. I get so tired of reading posts by people who only cruise and do nothing else (flame away) Travel makes people interesting. If the opportunity exists to expose your children to new things ... Do it. Welcome back parties are not events full of drunken adults... They do serve non alcoholic bevs also. Get her out there and experiencing new things!!! I doubt rccl will turn her away as others threat. If she wants to play mini golf, then do that instead.

For you who are going to throw your torches at me... These parties are marketing for rccl. They are to encourage you to book again, and it works. That's all.

So stealing a penny would be ok but not ten cents? Same principle, it's either alright or it's not. RCL awards perks based on certain criteria and either you meet that criteria or you don't. If that 10 year old got the last reserved seat at the ice show and I'm turned away that's NOT ok. If everyone brings just one more person into the tender line that doesn't have the earned perk to be there then those who earned this reward are penalized by waiting longer for a tender.

No reason to get so upset ! My question was because she is a minor. We will do what she is entitled to as a first time cruiser. WE don't drink, have never bothered to get priority tender tickets, don't sit in reserved seating in the ice show and don't sit in the D+, Pinnacle seating in the theater, because it is not our preferred seating. In fact we don't take advantage of many of the perks offered to D+ members because they don't interest us.

The month we will be cruising will have many kids on board, normally we avoid those months, but because of school and other commitments it will be the only time we can take her. I just want her to have fun and experience as

many age appropriate things that she can.

I'm of the thought that it would be good to expose the gd to the welcome back party. Who knows, she may be the next female captain on rccl inspired by that time she took a cruise with her family and met the captain of such and such a trip.

I'm diamond ... Do a great deal of travelling off ships and I am in my forties. My son is 20. I get so tired of reading posts by people who only cruise and do nothing else (flame away) Travel makes people interesting. If the opportunity exists to expose your children to new things ... Do it. Welcome back parties are not events full of drunken adults... They do serve non alcoholic bevs also. Get her out there and experiencing new things!!! I doubt rccl will turn her away as others threat. If she wants to play mini golf, then do that instead.

For you who are going to throw your torches at me... These parties are marketing for rccl. They are to encourage you to book again, and it works. That's all.

Thanks Michelle, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Bob graciously answered my question. I agree on travel and seeing the world. My GD Mom is a medical professional and they own a small ranch with animals so it is hard for them to get away and they trust us to take her places and to learn about the world around her. We are taking her to Niagara Falls ,Canada in June and then the cruise in August. We plan to do a minimum of two trips per year as long as she wants to go with us.