Owner Suite Benefits - Mini Bar

jrblach

calling all pax sailing in owner suites recently. what mini bar benefits did you enjoy? if you are elite, what mini bar benefits did you enjoy in an owner suite. we have friends going. thank you so much

The owners suite bar setup is the same as any full suite bar set up and also the same as every elite set up. If an elite is in a full suite, you receive two br set ups. You will only find one set up in the cabin. You need to call to tell them to deliver the second one

The owners suite bar setup is the same as any full suite bar set up and also the same as every elite set up. If an elite is in a full suite, you receive two br set ups. You will only find one set up in the cabin. You need to call to tell them to deliver the second one

We were just in an Owner Suite on the Emerald. We forget about the extra set up for Elite and room service actually called us two days before we disembarked as they were ready to deliver the second one. We opted to trade it all for a bottle of wine.

Going on my first suite later this month but I understand this is the Elite/Suite bar setup: - Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P. - Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater - Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy - Two (2) 50ml bottles Scotch - Dewars- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis - Two (2) Cans Tonic Water - Two (2) Cans Coke - Two (2) Cans Sprite - Two (2) .5 Liter Waters - Two (2) 11oz Perriers. At least that is what has been posted here often. I also understand you can swap the 50ml items for others, ie, cognac for vodka, etc. I also understand you can swap the non-alcoholic for others. I've also heard you can swap the whole thing for a coffee card or a bottle of wine.

2 coffee cards.

I wonder if they would let you swap for 1 coffee card and 1 $30 bottle of wine if you can't use 2 coffee cards (seeing that 2 coffee cards are worth about $60)?

Edited by cpcanuck

I wonder if they would let you swap for 1 coffee card and 1 $30 bottle of wine if you can't use 2 coffee cards (seeing that 2 coffee cards are worth about $60)?
No. If you exchange the full 20 item mini bar, you only get one bottle of wine :( That is the worst exchange option from a value standpoint. Edited by IECalCruiser

So does the Premium Suite Stateroom qualify for this two set ups

and can you buy the drink package for as many days as you want or only for the whole cruise????

I do not see buying it for the first day if we have stuff in our room when we arrive.

ALL full suites qualify for the mini-bar set up and if you are Elite, you get the two set ups--but you may have to ask for the second one.

The drink packages are only for the whole cruise. But it's nice to have the mini-bar to offer drinks to friends. And what you don't use you can take home with you.

I'm not sure about waiting to buy the beverage package. I know you can't, for example, buy it for all even numbered days. You can't skip around. But, I have heard that you can buy it on the second day. Your best bet is to ask once your aboard.

There have been several spread sheets posted to evaluate how much money you'll save. Here's one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&highlight=evaluator

you have to drink a bunch to break even.

I'm not sure about waiting to buy the beverage package. I know you can't, for example, buy it for all even numbered days. You can't skip around. But, I have heard that you can buy it on the second day. Your best bet is to ask once your aboard.

There have been several spread sheets posted to evaluate how much money you'll save. Here's one:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2038576&highlight=evaluator

you have to drink a bunch to break even.

I believe I have seen at least one post of someone buying the package on the second day. However they were still charged for the entire cruise. They may have received credit for the drinks bought the first day. Hopefully, someone who has bought the package the second day can confirm.

Going on my first suite later this month but I understand this is the Elite/Suite bar setup: - Two (2) 50ml bottles Cognac - Courvoisier V.S.O.P. - Two (2) 50ml bottles Gin – Beefeater - Two (2) 50ml bottles Vodka – Skyy - Two (2) 50ml bottles Scotch - Dewars- Two (2) Cans Beer - Dos Equis - Two (2) Cans Tonic Water - Two (2) Cans Coke - Two (2) Cans Sprite - Two (2) .5 Liter Waters - Two (2) 11oz Perriers. At least that is what has been posted here often. I also understand you can swap the 50ml items for others, ie, cognac for vodka, etc. I also understand you can swap the non-alcoholic for others. I've also heard you can swap the whole thing for a coffee card or a bottle of wine.

That is what we got -- we swapped all the hard liquor for Vodka. Ending up bringing most of it home with us.

So does the Premium Suite Stateroom qualify for this two set ups

and can you buy the drink package for as many days as you want or only for the whole cruise????

I do not see buying it for the first day if we have stuff in our room when we arrive.

Must purchase for the entire cruise, not proratable.