Current on board dining reservations policy

pinotlover

On O you or you waiter put uour napkin on the back of the chairs. No problems ever.

I would not bet on that either :D

Our napkins were on the chair my sweater was beside it by the window

Sometime DH would put his hat on the window ledge

no guarantee

Most of the time there is no problem but one of usually stays at the table now

Back to the issue of "saving" a table in the buffet ... I don't think we've ever had our table taken away from us.

Sometimes we get food separately, sometimes not. On recent cruises I've had to go around with Howard to point out what is available because of his vision problems. We always make it a point to take SOMETHING (probably two, a sweater, a bag, etc.) that we can leave on the table to show that it is occupied. If someone else joins us in the interim, that is fine ... we just don't want to lose OUR place!

(One reason we like the GDR is that we do like to share the table, and we've made lovely friends by doing so. We dine alone at home every night so we enjoy company when we're on a cruise

As has been said, crowds thin out later in the evening. When we have dinner in Terrace we usually wait until at least 7:30-8pm to go there. If we're having dinner in Terrace it's probably because we had a long day on shore and don't feel like changing for dinner ...

Unlike Carol, we DO like dining in our suite after a long day as well ... that is a nice (relatively) new innovation. So there are lots of choices, but I agree, you need to be in a suite to take advantage of all of them.

Mura

P.S. If the specialty restaurants had changing menus we might be more eager to get extra reservations. But we realize the problems that O would have in doing so.

I'd be happy if the specialties changed the menus every 6 months or even once a year. That should not be a burden.

Plus 1

We are bored with Toscana and Polo

We never seek extra reservations

At least Toscana has specials so there's hope for something new

We also never use all od our many possible reservations. We mainly go to the specialities when another couple we meet can't get a reservation and we are able to. And +1 menu change once in a while would make the speciality restaurants more appealing. We can certainly live without the OIL show.....

We always dine alone, but we like to mix dining venues up a bit. Usually we enjoy the GDR for dinner, but the Terrace can be a lovely and relaxing change especially on warm weather cruises eating outside under the stars. Also, on our first Oceania cruise a few years ago we encountered very very slow inattentive service in the GDR a few times. That drove us to the Terrace for non specialty dining nights for the remainder of the cruise. More recently we have found GDR service to be fine.