Looking for look alike dress

Hoyaheel

I love this Kate Spade (Resort 2015) dress. I want this dress. I am not going to spend $2000 on a dress. So, has anyone seen anything similar anywhere? I've been looking around and no luck so far (and I realize that it's just now getting into the time that spring & summer dresses will be coming out, so I'm also asking that as you start your seasonal shopping - if you see something like this somewhere - please let me know!!)

http://www.katespade.com/madison-ave.-collection-mattea-dress/NJMU4529,en_US,pd.html?dwvar_NJMU4529_color=142&cgid=ks-clothing-dresses#start=32&cgid=ks-clothing-dresses

NJMU4529_142?$productgrid$

Length, shape, and ombre feel of the coloring. I do not need (probably don't really want) the embellishment (thought I realize the original is stunning, I'm not truly a sequin person in reality).

Honestly a v neck is better on me because of my big boobs :p But I'll try on other options.

Edited by Hoyaheel

Check daily on sites like Zulily, Hautelook, and Ideel. You might come across something very similar.

Also subscribe to the Vivienne Files. Janice always posts the links to where the items come from, and you might spot something close there.

I will keep my eyes open.

Buy a plain shift and embellish it yourself! I think it's the "sparkle" that makes the dress interesting...otherwise, it's just a straight dress....not exceptionally pretty.

Sew some sparkle onto a cheaper shift...that would work!

Buy a plain shift and embellish it yourself!

Um, yeah, NO. I'm not a seamstress nor do I plan to become one and I don't want to look like a kindergartner's art project.

I did see some dresses on Nordstrom last night that I liked. Not the same, but I'm getting a similar feeling from them, so I think there's hope I could find something I like this spring. Discovering what search terms are getting me what I want - "ombre", "embellished".....

Of course, the first dress I saw was St. John, which isn't help me lower my budget any:p

Um, yeah, NO. I'm not a seamstress nor do I plan to become one and I don't want to look like a kindergartner's art project.

I did see some dresses on Nordstrom last night that I liked. Not the same, but I'm getting a similar feeling from them, so I think there's hope I could find something I like this spring. Discovering what search terms are getting me what I want - "ombre", "embellished".....

Of course, the first dress I saw was St. John, which isn't help me lower my budget any:p

Also try "sparkle" in your search engine.

My favorite designer is Adrianna Papell. She has very similar designs and her line is at Dillards, Lord and Taylor, Macy's, Norstroms.....

I have ordered many dresses and gowns on line from her. Have never sent one back. True to size...superior quality. Check her out. Most of her designs are between $100 and $300....but there are always sales and coupon codes on every website.

Have you tried Dress Barn? They always have a lot of great dresses, but have rolled out a line of designer dresses in this "dressbar". I checked and there is nothing exactly like the Kate Spade dress, but they have many with embellishments. Some really cute styles - very affordable.

I'm not going to buy from ebay - I need to be able to return a dress, esp if it's a shift and not an a-line - because I have an hourglass figure and shifts are hard to fit.....

I have a trip to China for work next week and plan to order some dresses to try when I get back (all the dresses I've identified online aren't available in stores nearby - I could take a road trip to a mall but online ordering & returning is easier....)

I'm not going to buy from ebay - I need to be able to return a dress, esp if it's a shift and not an a-line - because I have an hourglass figure and shifts are hard to fit.....

I have a trip to China for work next week and plan to order some dresses to try when I get back (all the dresses I've identified online aren't available in stores nearby - I could take a road trip to a mall but online ordering & returning is easier....)

I have been shopping like crazy from eBay. They have a super easy return policy. You can print out the label and put it in the mail. Tons of cute Kate Spade dress.