NEW Suite Upgrades....

I guess the easiest way to look at this issue is that benefits like "pre-paid gratuities" and "complementary ultimate beverage package" and maybe "Complimentary Voom Internet" will have to be approved by the home office prior to sailing, but I can not imagine any shipboard amenity or benefit provided to passengers booked in the same category of suite not being offered onboard the Quantum and Oasis Class ships.

The shipboard management would never accept all of the customer service nightmares any such policy would create.

If I read it correctly being in the second lever suite class we will get free internet, water which we do not know if it is daily or just on day one, welcome amenity, upgraded beds, nicer toiletries. Everything else was already part of booking that level suite.

While I appreciate these items I think throwing in a lower level drink plan would have been nice. The free internet, for me, is a nice perk not enough to book a suite just because of it but I need to check in with the office and therefore very helpful

Thanks all for your info! It seems to be Royal random pricing. I recently started booking 10+ months in advance just to get the perfect location. For my last 2 GS cruises the price has held firmly the entire time and eventually they sold out. Surprisingly the Allure GS for July 2016 is approximately $400 less expensive than July2014 (not 2016) . I'm not ready to book though because life is up in the air.

Correcting my mistake...wrong year

Ok, I called C&A after speaking to Tammy with RCCL. they said the exact opposite, that it only matters when you sail not when you book. Makes more sense to me.

I called C&A as well and was told the same thing. (I was specifically interested in the exact date and was told May 1st. I asked because I sail on May 8th on Allure in one of the 2room A1's.... aka Aqua Theater Suites!)

She said I should be getting all of the Star level benefits. I asked about if folks who have pre-paid gratuities would receive refunds or how they would handle that and she says it's still being worked out. Details to be announced as we get closer to the 8th of Sept I assume.

If I read it correctly being in the second lever suite class we will get free internet, water which we do not know if it is daily or just on day one, welcome amenity, upgraded beds, nicer toiletries. Everything else was already part of booking that level suite.

While I appreciate these items I think throwing in a lower level drink plan would have been nice. The free internet, for me, is a nice perk not enough to book a suite just because of it but I need to check in with the office and therefore very helpful

The water is provided on Day 1 and only once. It's a 1 liter glass bottle of Evian. I have read from other CC posters that wine and beer are served throughout the day in the CK lounge. The Sky category will additional amenities that I would welcome-internet, thermal room access, CK, and others I have been accustomed to-priority reservations for specialty restaurants, suite sun deck, cocktail hours, exclusive lounge. I will still book the GS category because I enjoy the additional square footage and the benefits that came with it. The additional perks under the new program are a bonus.

At first, I was disappointed that we would not receive this amenities on our upcoming cruises where we qualify for Sky Class. After reading the list of benefits, I'm less than impressed.

When you compare this program to the former suites "Enhanced Program", this no program can be summarized as "So What". There is certainly no reason to raise fares for these 'amenities'.

I certainly don't think it's a good value to pay the new increased prices based on what you're getting. I'll make future bookings with that in mind.

The water is provided on Day 1 and only once. It's a 1 liter glass bottle of Evian. I have read from other CC posters that wine and beer are served throughout the day in the CK lounge. The Sky category will additional amenities that I would welcome-internet, thermal room access, CK, and others I have been accustomed to-priority reservations for specialty restaurants, suite sun deck, cocktail hours, exclusive lounge. I will still book the GS category because I enjoy the additional square footage and the benefits that came with it. The additional perks under the new program are a bonus.

You don't know that. It hasn't started yet. You simply don't know what the "water perk" will be.

I have been reading this thread with interest as I have booked a GS on the Independence for September next year when she is sailing from the UK again. I booked this months ago when they had a promotion where they include a premium drinks package and gratuities, so the only thing really missing is an Internet package. Perhaps they will do more of this on the other ships which don't have the Royal Suite programme? Access to the spa would have been nice though! :)

So RCI have created premium and standard class ships.. Those of us in Oz will be tantalized in Dec16 with a short season from Ovation of the seas.. Then back to voyager and vision class ships.. Will be interesting to see what they do because it's a complete disregard for one of the fastest growing cruise markets in the world..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I certainly don't think it's a good value to pay the new increased prices based on what you're getting. I'll make future bookings with that in mind.

People have checked fares and as of yet there have few if no increases. If you are going to go anywhere book now as fares always increase.

I think you're on to something Tango... Re-badged Ocean Village of P&O in Australia I think is a mistake. I think Australia deserves the decent ships to hang around more rather than assuming Aussies are an unsophisticated bunch...

It not that your unsophisticated, there's just not very many of you, and you're to far away.

Update. Australia had 7 million visitors in 2014, Florida had 97 million. :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

So RCI have created premium and standard class ships.. Those of us in Oz will be tantalized in Dec16 with a short season from Ovation of the seas.. Then back to voyager and vision class ships.. Will be interesting to see what they do because it's a complete disregard for one of the fastest growing cruise markets in the world..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hardly. You're looking at the glass half-empty. I look at it as half-full. You are getting a brand new ship for (at least) one season, and you already have several ships with many itineraries. Don't take it personally, as everyone tells those of us on the U.S. West Coast with no RCI ships at all -- it's purely a business decision. RCI will send the ships to areas where they perceive they will make the most profit. If OZ fills the ships, they will be back for another season. :)

Edited by travelgoddess1

Over all, I like it.

We have been away from Royal for a while and opting for other lines because their current offerings for Suite guests don't have enough appeal, and we like our suite perks! This might entice us back in 2016.

However, I can see the inclusion of Junior Suite guests for access to dinner in Coastal Kitchen being a problem.

We have struggled a couple of nights to get the times we wanted when the restaurant is only available to proper suites. Breakfast and lunch is quiet, but dinner is already very popular.

The inclusion of Junior Suites in the evening will add to the demand - unless they also plan to extend the area of the Suite Restaurants to accommodate the increased numbers?

I imagine it will also greatly increase the Junior Suite price!

Can you correct people with a little more class? How about...yes the current perk has been one bottle of water, but unfortunately the new program does not clarify this. The word IS refers to the present.

Actually, our experience has been that presently we have gotten the 1 large glass bottle of Evian water, then 2 large plastic bottles of Evian along with 4 smaller bottles that C&A provides. This was on Allure, Legend and Liberty.

Edited by cruisenfever

What about those of us who have booked a GS on the Anthem for this winter? Will we get any of these special bonus items? I doubt it.

I doubt it too, seeing as the launch date is May 2016.:) We are missing them on 2 cruises and I am not worried. If they brought them out earlier that would be great but no matter the level of perks I am still going to have a blast. :D

Over all, I like it.

We have been away from Royal for a while and opting for other lines because their current offerings for Suite guests don't have enough appeal, and we like our suite perks! This might entice us back in 2016.

However, I can see the inclusion of Junior Suite guests for access to dinner in Coastal Kitchen being a problem.

We have struggled a couple of nights to get the times we wanted when the restaurant is only available to proper suites. Breakfast and lunch is quiet, but dinner is already very popular.

The inclusion of Junior Suites in the evening will add to the demand - unless they also plan to extend the area of the Suite Restaurants to accommodate the increased numbers?

I imagine it will also greatly increase the Junior Suite price!

sorry, but i'm confused. i thought you had not been on Royal in a while, but you mention not being able to get in CK. crowding may not be an issue with suite guests getting free privledges in specialty restraunts. our week in CK was never crowded and i was one of those not in a proper suite :o

Okay...even though I said I wasn't going to, I'm pricing RCCL Caribbean cruises for 2017.

If I have three people, what options are available to me that fall into the Star Suite level that have two bedrooms or sleep three? I see there are a few that sleep three, but we would prefer a separate bedroom. I'm new to RCCL, so trying to navigate the different suite names and have them correspond to a level is still a bit confusing to me. Any guidance would be appreciated.

And as an FYI for my pricing so far for two people for the last two weeks of February 2017...

NCL Escape 2-bedroom Haven suite (for 2 people) is running $3,620 to $3,760/person. One of those weeks has the third person free.

NCL Getaway 2-bedroom Haven suite (for 2 people) is running $3,430/person. One of those weeks has the third person free.

RCCL Oasis Class Sky Loft Suite on various ships is running from $4,600 to $5,900/person. That seems to be the least expensive suite that falls into the highest tier (which includes the butler that we want).

I'm not sure that the extra money is worth it. The RCCL perks aren't blowing me away and the options seem to limited if we want to do three comfortably in a cabin. I can do a 2-bedroom suite in the Haven and get all of the available perks (minus the 3 bottles of alcohol/limo ride to the ship which are only offered to the very highest of the suites) for less than RCCL.

If I'm missing something, please let me know. I'd love to cruise on RCCL, but am not seeing the how the new perks will work for us.

Edited by brookie848

What about those of us who have booked a GS on the Anthem for this winter? Will we get any of these special bonus items? I doubt it.

We're missing once because of date and another because of ship. I'm just happy we're cruising. Eventually we'll hit the right date and ship until then it's happy sailing. :D

I'm not sure that the extra money is worth it. The RCCL perks aren't blowing me away and the options seem to limited if we want to do three comfortably in a cabin. I can do a 2-bedroom suite in the Haven and get all of the available perks (minus the 3 bottles of alcohol/limo ride to the ship which are only offered to the very highest of the suites) for less than RCCL.

If I'm missing something, please let me know. I'd love to cruise on RCCL, but am not seeing the how the new perks will work for us.

I'm not sure the prices you're seeing are a result of the new perks. I just priced out an L1 on a Oasis for October 2016 and it's the same price as my October 2015 L1. I also priced out a February 2016 and February 2017 L1 and the 2017 was much cheaper. If you're struggling with the pricing, just go with your gut feeling. I've never sailed NCL but it sure sound like the better bargain.

When they first implemented Coastal Kitchen on Quantum, they had granted access to Junior Suites along with 'inviting' those of us that were 'selected' to test the Dynamic Dining booking system last April.

I dined at Coastal Kitchen 2 of the 8 nights on that sailing and the venue was never full and the staff handled the situation perfectly. They even allowed me to invite some friends I had met on the Oasis TA the week before.

I was very impressed with Coastal Kitchen and it will certainly be an incentive for me to book JS or above on Quantum and Oasis class.

I'm not sure the prices you're seeing are a result of the new perks. I just priced out an L1 on a Oasis for October 2016 and it's the same price as my October 2015 L1. I also priced out a February 2016 and February 2017 L1 and the 2017 was much cheaper. If you're struggling with the pricing, just go with your gut feeling. I've never sailed NCL but it sure sound like the better bargain.

I'm not really concerned about the prices exactly, it's more about the perceived value. I had been waiting for the enhanced suite program, but it still seems like a bit of a let-down compared to what NCL offers, especially when you take in the price difference you need to pay in order to get butler on RCCL.

So let's mathematically consider the Value versus the new price increases.

What is the cost to buy the following a-la-acarte?

Let's work from a 7 day crusie.

• Gratuities for 2 $15.95 x 2 x 7 = $223.30
  • Ultimate bevdrage Package for 2 $55 x 2 x 7 = $770
  • Gratuities included in Beverage Package: $770 x 18% = $138.60
  • VOOM internet $157.50
  • Thermal Spa Pass ??
  • Unlimited specialty doing: Assume $50 x 2 x 7 = $700

So I calculate $1989.40 without value for spa or the other little perks that really don't count in adding true value. So let's just call it $1000 per person, $2000 for a cabin on 7 nights.

What has been the increase in cabin pricing?

Edited by cle-guy