How do you add your sailings to signature?

pcanluv2travel

How do you add your sailings to your profile? I see people with multiple sailings and I only show one on mine. Don't remember how I even got it there. Is it too late to add past sailings?

This is such a wonderful website!

Normally people add countdown clocks for upcoming sailings and if they wish they can manually put in their past sailings (although there is nothing to say you can't have the countdown clocks in there for past sailings). For countdown clocks there is a link at the top of the page that says "countdown clocks" that will help you set one up and has instructions for putting them in your signature. Edit your signature in the User CP link at the top of the page.

• 3 years later...
On 3/10/2015 at 10:57 AM, sparks1093 said:

Normally people add countdown clocks for upcoming sailings and if they wish they can manually put in their past sailings (although there is nothing to say you can't have the countdown clocks in there for past sailings). For countdown clocks there is a link at the top of the page that says "countdown clocks" that will help you set one up and has instructions for putting them in your signature. Edit your signature in the User CP link at the top of the page.

I am trying to add the countdown clock and cannot find it. At the top of what page? I can't even find where to add a signature

• Like 2

2 hours ago, oldstudent1 said:

I am trying to add the countdown clock and cannot find it. At the top of what page? I can't even find where to add a signature

I'm not sure how to do that on the new website. To edit your signature click on the drop down arrow next to your user name at the top of the page and manage your account. Editing your signature is done from there. As for the countdown clocks I'm not sure where they moved that link to. There is a forum for reporting glitches on the new website and people may be discussing this issue in that forum.

• Like 1

Countdown clocks are tricky now -- the old clock option isn't available, and the new format can't accept HTML clocks that you can find on the internet.  There are a few sites that allow you to create a countdown clock in bbcode instead of html, and those will work, though they're not the greatest in terms of options.  Tickerfactory and cruiseclocks both have that option, and there are more (but less graphically-enhanced) if you search for countdown clocks that have a bbcode option.

Edited by calliopecruiser

I used  this  page

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

edit signature

click on user id  top right  then account settings

on left  see Signature  click 

after you edit  what you want  click SAVE

there are limits to how many clock you can add  & the size of the irmation in the  signature

• Like 2

Just now, calliopecruiser said:

Thanks LHT28  -- I couldn't find that when I went looking for it previously.  Of course, maybe previously it wasn't available, since this site is changing day by day.  Hour by hour, even. 

someone posted the link so I saved it  😉

My clock was (re-)created after the forum change. I think if you click on the clock, and then go to that website's home page, you will find instructions on creating a similar clock.

The new forum has limits on the number of images and lines of content in your signature. Old signatures are grandfathered but any changes require that the entire signature is compliant with the new requirement.

13 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I used  this  page

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

edit signature

click on user id  top right  then account settings

on left  see Signature  click 

after you edit  what you want  click SAVE

there are limits to how many clock you can add  & the size of the irmation in the  signature

Thank you VERY much !!! I hunted and hunted, but find this website very user Unfriendly. I appreciate your guidance! 

11 hours ago, Underwatr said:

My clock was (re-)created after the forum change. I think if you click on the clock, and then go to that website's home page, you will find instructions on creating a similar clock.

The new forum has limits on the number of images and lines of content in your signature. Old signatures are grandfathered but any changes require that the entire signature is compliant with the new requirement.

Thank you for this tip as well!. I do like the itinerary posted - but with the line restrictions, I wonder if it works. I appreciate your detailing the line restrictions too

• 3 months later...