HELP!! Fiance now scared to cruise!

pls5286

What I will add to this discussion is that more people die driving to the cruise ship than fall overboard while on it. That is a statistical fact.

Please don't give that man more stress. He already has enough of that on his plate.

While I feel sorry for the family of the college student that went overboard, (Carnival, of course :rolleyes:), I think you can tell your fiancé that given the fact it was Spring Break and the liquor was likely to be more freely than usual-even on a 3 or 4 day Bahamas run-extraordinary things that happen very very rarely, are not at all likely to happen to him. Or anyone he knows.

I think a ocean view cabin is going to trump a balcony in your particular case. Let him know the porthole or window is sealed rather than the type that opens. Avoid the promenade or any areas directly overlooking the water or in close proximity to the railings. That should do the trick, unless there is something else going on :cool:

Edited by kcfoxy

A cruise ship is like a floating skyscraper. You can easily avoid walking up to a window in a skyscraper, and you can easily avoid walking near a railing on a cruise ship, even for an entire week. Maybe he's not realizing how large a cruise ship is. He might feel more at ease if he understood how easy it is to forget you're even on a ship because of its size.

Or, you could just agree to sign the pre-nup, and his fear would go away. (ha ha).

Thanks everyone! I took the advice to show him true pics of the ship that have been posted. Before now, we had only looked at pics of the different staterooms. He had a misconception of just how big the ship was and the rails and things. He was picturing something along the line of the boat he went fishing on as a child, not a huge ship! He had never been on a cruise and did not fathom just how big the ship was until he saw port pics etc.

We do have an ocean view room for our trip.

I wish we could take a trip to the port to show him just how big they are before we cruise, but it is 5 hours one way just to get to Jacksonville or Charlotte. It is going to take us 12 hours to get to Miami from where we are getting married at.

Edited by pls5286

Just an FYI but you can turn signatures off in your USER CP.

I have them turned off, but his catch phrase comes up anyway. Doesn't bother me, I just don't like scrolling through someone else's cruise history.

I can't swim And I'm afraid of heights... but I'd live on a cruise ship if I could!! I was nervous my first cruise..took about 10 seconds to get over it!! Hope he will feel the same..you dont want stress on your honeymoon! Congratulations!!!!!!!!

While I feel sorry for the family of the college student that went overboard, (Carnival, of course :rolleyes:), I think you can tell your fiancé that given the fact it was Spring Break and the liquor was likely to be more freely than usual-even on a 3 or 4 day Bahamas run-extraordinary things that happen very very rarely, are not at all likely to happen to him. Or anyone he knows.

I think a ocean view cabin is going to trump a balcony in your particular case. Let him know the porthole or window is sealed rather than the type that opens. Avoid the promenade or any areas directly overlooking the water or in close proximity to the railings. That should do the trick, unless there is something else going on :cool:

Your "Carnival , of course" and rolling eyes remark kind of blows the sincerity of your first sentence there Nurse Ratched

Just an FYI but you can turn signatures off in your USER CP.

Fully aware of this. They are off. How many countdown clocks is one expected to care about?

The mobile forums apps append the signature to each post rather than allow the forum to display it. Accordingly, the user cp setting for this is irrelevant.