Inside on the Royal

AliceS

I tried an inside cabin for the first time. I am claustrophobic and was worried that I couldn't make it work. My first cabin was C335 and it was very nice, but the noise from a vent or air conditioning system kept me up all night. they moved me the next day to a lower category cabin, not as nice, but quiet. It worked great. I could sleep so well and didn't mind the inside at all. Do I still like having a balcony? You bet, but I like to cruise and am mostly solo, so I like saving the $$$$ even more. It's nice to know and thought I'd share.

Happy cruising. Alice

I tried an inside cabin for the first time. I am claustrophobic and was worried that I couldn't make it work. My first cabin was C335 and it was very nice, but the noise from a vent or air conditioning system kept me up all night. they moved me the next day to a lower category cabin, not as nice, but quiet. It worked great. I could sleep so well and didn't mind the inside at all. Do I still like having a balcony? You bet, but I like to cruise and am mostly solo, so I like saving the $$$$ even more. It's nice to know and thought I'd share.

Happy cruising. Alice

Hey Alice --

I cruise inside all of the time.

Never in my Cabin, except to sleep and dress.

Enjoy your Cruise.

BTW -- Spring has sprung in da 'Burgh:D

Curious about the noise - was it like a humming/constant type of thing or a clanging, jarring kind of noise? I ask because I've been thinking about trying an inside - I actually like "white noise" and bring my little white noise machine with me, so in my case that could be a plus, unless it's the clanging, unpredictable type I mentioned. Thanks!

Happy cruising. Alice

Alice, thanks for your comment. I don't mind solo travel at all, however, when going on a cruise, one doesn't save $$$$ with that ridiculous single supplement. Some of the inside staterooms are near 180sqft but may still be very $$$$ depending upon the cruise.

Curious about the noise - was it like a humming/constant type of thing or a clanging, jarring kind of noise? I ask because I've been thinking about trying an inside - I actually like "white noise" and bring my little white noise machine with me, so in my case that could be a plus, unless it's the clanging, unpredictable type I mentioned. Thanks!

If you have a Smart Android Phone you can download an APP WhiteNoise which provides a dozen or two different sounds which will play through your phone while asleep! No more hauling your noise machine around!And should you have a nice Bluetooth speaker with you....it will sound even better.

If you have a Smart Android Phone you can download an APP WhiteNoise which provides a dozen or two different sounds which will play through your phone while asleep! No more hauling your noise machine around!And should you have a nice Bluetooth speaker with you....it will sound even better.

Being constitutionally technically inept, I've thought about doing that, presuming the Apple store has such an app. I worry, though, about the phone getting stressed running an app all night. No overheating or strain anywhere? I assume it would have to be on the charger all night. If my "rain" machine goes off, I wake right up, so I wouldn't want to chance that happening.

It would keep me from having to wear ear plugs.

After sailing on a balcony on the Royal recently they've convinced me that the balconies simply aren't worth the extra money for what they give you. We've switched back to inside rooms for most of our trips even on other ships where would normally have booked at least an OV cabin.

The money we're saving goes towards longer cruises- inside rooms of course. ;)

the engineer came to check the noise....it was constant, like the inside of an airplane. they knew about it, or I wouldn't have been moved. Walk down the hall near that cabin....you can hear the hum out in the hall. Not white noise...I had ear plugs and head phones and could still hear it.

Some people must not be bothered by it...the ship is often full.

We're trying a sideways inside cabin on the Royal for our British Isles cruise in July. First time in an inside, so interested to hear your experience.

L214 & L215 (IC Category) on Lido deck are awesome. Larger than standard inside staterooms while easy access to everything throughout the day. Only time foe elevators is in the evening on your way to dinner!:)

We're trying a sideways inside cabin on the Royal for our British Isles cruise in July. First time in an inside, so interested to hear your experience.
We just got off the Regal and had a "sideways" interior. On the plus side it was large,

very well laid out and the huge TV had an incredible choice of great movies .

On the downside , the AC wasn't set low enough for me and the door gap allowed too much noise

and light into the room . Also the door opens so the bed is the first thing you see.

This is an issue when one guest (me) gets up early leaving the other (DW) in bed . The light hits the bed.

I understand these issues are not necessarily confined to insides .

Overall these cabins are a good choice.

Edited by richstowe

We have a sideway on the Golden this August to Alaska. Anyone had one of these cabins?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is better than the sideways on the Royal and Regal.

A little bigger, better layout, and doors on the closets.

L214 & L215 (IC Category) on Lido deck are awesome. Larger than standard inside staterooms while easy access to everything throughout the day. Only time foe elevators is in the evening on your way to dinner!:)

Wonderful to know--we're booked in L214 and looking forward to being close to the pools and buffet. Thanks for the feedback!

I did an overnight ferry in an inside cabin and had to talk to myself the whole time I was awake. Good for meditation practice but exhausting. Never again for me.

We did a 3 day ferry in an OV which was just ok for me. I think I could manage a longer cruise in an OV but would really prefer a balcony where I know I can get outside.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Happy cruising. Alice

Considering the cost especially if you cruise solo, inside cabins are great! Unless you spend a significant amount of time on the balcony, which I don't, inside cabins are so much more cost effective. I got a balcony a few cruises ago, spent $1500 more and spent only about 10 minutes a day on it just not worth the money from me.

I'll have a look at those Lido cabins, thanks.

Sure I prefer a balcony. I love it, I am out on a balcony quite a bit. I love to read and I don't like the noise and crowd at the pool. I found places to hang out when I had an inside. It's OK and it saves $$

Happy cruising. Alice

Hi Alice,

I just booked my first inside on the Royal - a sideways quad cabin as we are traveling with our two kids. Just wondering how the second cabin you were assigned was not as nice as the first? What were the differences? Would love to know what differences there can be other than ship location.

Glad you had a great cruise!

Jennifer

Happy cruising. Alice

Alice;

Glad you enjoyed your cabin.....:):):)

Bob