Inside on the Royal

AliceS

Isn't this true for any cabin ?

No, I don't think so. Aren't there quad (mini-suite balcony?) cabins where the 3rd/4th berths either recess into the ceiling and/or is a sofa-bed that folds out? I've seen regular balcony cabins on Royal Princess were the bunk recessed into the ceiling.

That would then be a cabin where they are not attached to the walls.

:confused:

Just returned from a 20 day B2B on the Royal in cabin E317. Although it felt tiny at first (compared to other insides we've had) we loved the larger sink and shower. Cool and comfortable for sleeping too. And the location was perfect as it was literally steps from the staircases for easy access to the theater & all the activities on deck 7, disembarking at ports, etc.

I would never want to be midship or anywhere far from the stairs on the Royal. Being forced to wait for an elevator to go up and down one or two flights would have driven me crazy! :eek:

The only downside with E317 was a long walk to the self serve laundry room.

I'll have a look at those Lido cabins, thanks.

Sure I prefer a balcony. I love it, I am out on a balcony quite a bit. I love to read and I don't like the noise and crowd at the pool. I found places to hang out when I had an inside. It's OK and it saves $$

We loved being on the Lido deck. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
the engineer came to check the noise....it was constant, like the inside of an airplane. they knew about it, or I wouldn't have been moved. Walk down the hall near that cabin....you can hear the hum out in the hall. Not white noise...I had ear plugs and head phones and could still hear it.

Some people must not be bothered by it...the ship is often full.

What was the deck and cabin number. I had the same thing happen to me I was in Baja 523.

Thank You,

Tony

I tried an inside cabin for the first time. I am claustrophobic and was worried that I couldn't make it work. My first cabin was C335 and it was very nice, but the noise from a vent or air conditioning system kept me up all night. they moved me the next day to a lower category cabin, not as nice, but quiet. It worked great. I could sleep so well and didn't mind the inside at all. Do I still like having a balcony? You bet, but I like to cruise and am mostly solo, so I like saving the $$$$ even more. It's nice to know and thought I'd share.

Happy cruising. Alice

Hi Alice. I'm glad you enjoyed your inside cabin. It does indeed save major $$$$$$. I don't think Holli would ever go for it though:D.

Bob

p.s. Holli & I hope to once again sail with you in the future

Edited by Woobstr112G

We usually book balcony cabins. For the two of us, we have now come to the conclusion that if we are on an itinerary where there are very few sea days- it isn't worth the money for us to pay for it. For the New England itinerary there is only one sea day-- We just came back from a Celebrity cruise--would have had no use for the balcony accept in order to use Blu dining which we really like- we had to have the balcony. We didn't sit on it once! But then again, during the day it did make the cabin seem a lot bigger. So there are pros and cons, but to save a whole lot of money, I think the pros out weigh the cons!

• 1 month later...
We're trying a sideways inside cabin on the Royal for our British Isles cruise in July. First time in an inside, so interested to hear your experience.

I and my DD did a sideways inside on the Royal for the 26-day Transatlantic/British Isles cruise in April/May of this year. I believe we had B406. Quiet and had no problem sleeping whatsoever. It was plenty big enough for the two of us and storage was more than ample. Hope you had a great cruise!

Edited by CI66774

• 4 months later...
What is above this cabin? It looks like it is right under the Retreat Pool - is that right? How much noise will we hear overhead?

Thanks for your input -

Maddle

Shameless bump - but I am hoping someone will tell me that there is no noise from the pool above L215 on the Royal. (Although an earlier post did say it was quiet.)

My sister and I opted for this cabin for a 20 day. As the OP mentioned, the economy of an inside cabin allowed us to double up and go for the full exploration of the Caribbean. (It's two 10 days B2B.) We figure being on the Lido Deck will make it quick and easy to get out to the sunshine without the expense of a balcony.

Maddle