Classic bev package question

closecruiser

Does anyone know the brand of Vodka, Gin or Rum you will get when ordering any of these with the classic package. Just curious if I need to get the premium to get a half way decent brand.

Thanks.

There are dozens of threads on this forum with all kinds of information. In addition, you can get the information on specific brands of liquor right on Celebrity's website.

https://secure.celebritycruises.com/celebrity/media/celebrity/shared_assets/pdf/Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Does anyone know the brand of Vodka, Gin or Rum you will get when ordering any of these with the classic package. Just curious if I need to get the premium to get a half way decent brand.

Thanks.

There are several brands of each, and you can call your drink.... eg: Tanquerey & tonic. To me, there were more than enough choices to not warrant the upgrade to premium package, but your mileage may vary. :)

My personal feeling is that, unless there is a specific brand you MUST have, the selection on the Classic package is good enough...

For me, as long as I can get Jack Daniels, I am perfectly fine...

Normally, I might drink a good Anejo tequila--and there are none on the Classic package. To get an Anejo, you have to go to the Premium package...The Cazadores Reposado may have to do...Really just as good as the Patron Reposado you get on the Premium package...I'd only go to Premium to get the Cazadores Anejo...

My wife likes liqueurs, but the only things you add with the Premium package are Grand Marnier and St. Germain...Bailey's Irish Cream, Kahlua, Amaretto, etc.--all on the Classic package, will keep her happy...

If you are a beer drinker, the Classic choices, mostly American big names plus Corona, is pretty pedestrian...but you don't get that much more with Premium...

...and I don't think there's any real differece with the wine list. Which wines they have avalable by the glass is going to be limited anyway--they are not opening up really expensive wines for one glass at a time...

So, basically, if you are the average drinker who just orders generic "Well" drinks (Rum and Coke, Scotch and soda, Tequila Sunrise, etc.), not usually calling your brand...Or, if you don't mind trying a brand other than what you may drink at home (Who knows...you might find something you like), go with the Classic...

...and I don't think there's any real differece with the wine list. Which wines they have avalable by the glass is going to be limited anyway--they are not opening up really expensive wines for one glass at a time...

But with the premium package you can order wines by the glass that are not included in either package, and only pay the difference. I may be wrong, but I don't think that's an option with the classic package.

There is a standard wine list posted through the link earlier in this thread. Had found if you are cruising away from the US you will probably find other wines substituted due to availability issues overseas. Thus no way to tell from one cruise to another exactly what vineyard will be offered, only the varieties.

In my opinion, the only area where I felt I was missing out on quality might be the wine at dinner. I am not a wine snob, but I think there is definitely some quality difference between the packages at dinner. Even though you are technically buying 'by the glass' what they are doing is actually opening bottles of wine that if you wish you can keep from day to day if unfinished (at least that has been our experience, albeit fairly limited).

I am not much of a beer drinker myself, so was satisfied with the pedestrian brands. Someone more particular (like DH or DS) could never really be happy with the beers on classic. But as has been said, at least on M class there was not much beer variety, period. Not sure where S class stands on this at this time.

But with the premium package you can order wines by the glass that are not included in either package, and only pay the difference. I may be wrong, but I don't think that's an option with the classic package.

You are correct. If you buy a glass of wine or a mixed drink or even a beer that is over the limit on the premium package, you're charged the difference over 13.00, plus the 18% gratuity. If you buy something that is over the classic dollar limit, you're charged the entire amount of the drink, plus 18%.

I drink wine and sparkling wine /champagne only. Maybe 1 or 2 cocktails during the week.

In the above link there is not too much posted about wine:

We offer a large global

assortment of red, white and

sparkling wines by the glass

That really doesn't help too much. But I assume it will be like everywhere where you are on all inclusive, quite ok, but nothing to write home about and surely nothing you are looking forward to. Except we take an upgrade to the premiumpackage which my husbands refuses.... Well, that is alright. Cruising is not only about alcohol. :rolleyes:

You are correct. If you buy a glass of wine or a mixed drink or even a beer that is over the limit on the premium package, you're charged the difference over 13.00, plus the 18% gratuity. If you buy something that is over the classic dollar limit, you're charged the entire amount of the drink, plus 18%.

That is correct... Thus we upgrade the package if it is not included in the style of Suite we have... I simply don't like to figure out if a drink is included or not included or if I pay for a glass of wine if it is over a certain limit...

~Steve

And that's the kicker for anyone that wants to try out some of the more expensive cocktails, looks like we will go for a beverage package and I'm not purchasing " classic" only to have to pay full whack for many of the fancy cocktails my wife and I would like to try.

Thanks that is really good to know.

-Terry

And that's the kicker for anyone that wants to try out some of the more expensive cocktails, looks like we will go for a beverage package and I'm not purchasing " classic" only to have to pay full whack for many of the fancy cocktails my wife and I would like to try.
All of the cocktails at the current Molecular Bar and all of the larger, menu mentioned cocktails at the Martini Bar are all only covered by the Premium package. Have to assume it will be the same at the yet to be named venue when the Molecular Bar changes over during May when the Junior Merlino affiliation is over.

Last cruise we had the classic package and I was able to sample all the cocktails at the martini bar! The only thing I couldn't have was the large version size which actually suited me fine as there was no limit on the quantity of smaller sized cocktails I could order. We weren't really bothered about the molecular bar where you would need to have the premium package.

Plus I am a wine drinker and I managed to always get a decent wine by the glass on the classic package. Can't wait for our next cruise and classic package in a months time😀😀😀😀😀

Liz

Last cruise we had the classic package and I was able to sample all the cocktails at the martini bar! The only thing I couldn't have was the large version size which actually suited me fine as there was no limit on the quantity of smaller sized cocktails I could order.😀😀😀😀😀

Liz

Things have changed since your last cruise 2 years ago. During the infancy of the 123 promotion, it was reported that patrons were able to get the smaller versions of the drinks at the Martini Bar. Later in 2013, it was reported that the only versions available at the Martini Bar were the basic gin or vodka version as well as a cosmo or an appletini, all made with classic level liquors such as Absolute or Stoli. I have not read a single post about someone that has recently been able to sidestep the rules and obtain smaller versions of the premium martinis just because they have the classic package. As usual, things change all the time on X and just because you were able to circumvent the rule 2 years ago, don't assume that you'll be able to do it again on your upcoming cruise. If you want the higher end stuff, you'll have to pony up the extra 11.80 per day to enjoy it.

Apologies if slightly off theme, but was hoping someone is able to provide a recent menu of drinks price list. Celebrity are asking a little over £500 pp for our 14 night cruise in January 2016, (Malaysia and Indonesia) for the alcohol classic package. Without knowing the approx cost of drinks it is difficult to calculate value for money so any assistance would be great. Thanks.

Yertiz1883,

If unsure of whether a package will be of value/use, you can always drink as you would on the first sea day. Do the math and then work out if it is worth it for yourself, if so purchase a package that suits for the remainder of the cruise.:D

Cannot recall where I obtained this list of the classic and premium beverages or if it is up to date or not. Let me know if this is accurate or has been updated.

I do have a question for the forum: I received the classic beverage package as a perk, but want to upgrade to the premium. I have an on board credit and am wondering if I book the upgrade prior to the cruise will I be billed immediately or will the additional charge be credited against my OBC?

Gary

Classic-Premium-Bev-Pckgs.pdf

Cannot recall where I obtained this list of the classic and premium beverages or if it is up to date or not. Let me know if this is accurate or has been updated.

I do have a question for the forum: I received the classic beverage package as a perk, but want to upgrade to the premium. I have an on board credit and am wondering if I book the upgrade prior to the cruise will I be billed immediately or will the additional charge be credited against my OBC?

Gary

Yes, if you upgrade before the cruise your credit card will be billed immediately. To use OBC wait until you board, there is usually a desk close to boarding and/or dining room selling drink and dining packages. Or any bar, though some people have reported being charged local sales tax if ship is still in port, this seems to depend where you are.

Everyone talks about the alcohol brands available on Classic v Premium but the reason I upgraded from our included classic package was to do with non-alcoholic drinks. I love sparking water and hate flat. I would have to pay for every bottle of water on the classic package. Also I love the Iglus in the café but despite being below the classic cost they are only included in the premium. Well, have always been included when I have asked. Plus of course you only pay the difference to upgrade with the premium.