Island Princess and original Royal Princess in Panama Canal

RickEk

Great shot!

She is not Artemis anymore? :(

Never mind I see she belongs to Phoenix Reisen now as Artania.

Using the original letters ART on the hull, how tacky.

Not good when they start with their 3rd and 4th owners.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Here's a screen grab that I got today of Island Princess and Artania (the original Royal Princess) in the Panama Canal today.. It's a bit fuzzy, but interesting nonetheless to Princess-philes... :)

16837040975_2935218af5_o.jpgIP and old RP-PanCan by RickEk, on Flickr

Courtesy of pancanal.com

Thanks for sharing. We are getting on the Island this coming Saturday!!!

Loved the photos, thank you.

Last month we were debating whether to take a Panama Canal cruise for Christmas on the Pacific or Island Princess. We chose the Pacific because we might not have the opportunity to sail in the little Princesses for much longer, although the Pacific has not yet been sold. Looking at the photo of the Island next to a very small former little Princess makes me smile and look forward to our December cruise!

Great shots! I remember the first time on the Coral and I thought she was so much less crowded than my last ship (Ruby?) and how it felt more like Pacific Princess to me. Seeing the ships side by side makes it obvious that wasn't the case. I guess I just felt like I was on a cozier ship.

Bonus picture of the former Royal Princess (Artania) crossing Miraflores Lake yesterday. Picture form the Canal's east view expansion cam.

Here is a picture of the Royal Princess in the Panama Canal when it still was the Royal Princess.

003112302RoyalPrincessinPanamaCanal_zps84327ca1.jpg

Thanks for sharing! First cruised with Princess on the Royal in 1986 Panama Canal, too. I sailed on the Island for a Hawaii to Vancouver repositioning. Small ship and people were unhappy because it was foggy every day, we missed two islands, and sun didn't come out until we were close to Vancouver! I thought it was funny, most others didn't!

My last Royal cruise was in 2001, sailing out of NYC on 9/10 for a New England cruise. A very different cruise but we made the best of it and Princess did an excellent job under the circumstances.