Captain's Club Cocktail Hour Changes

eddiebama

I just spoke to the Captain's Club and was told that Celebrity has switched to the 3 "voucher" process for their higher tier loyalty member complimentary happy hour (actually 2 hours) on all ships. Apparently this change occurred at the end of 2014. Has anyone experienced this change and how is it going? Thanks for any info.

I just spoke to the Captain's Club and was told that Celebrity has switched to the 3 "voucher" process for their higher tier loyalty member complimentary happy hour (actually 2 hours) on all ships. Apparently this change occurred at the end of 2014. Has anyone experienced this change and how is it going? Thanks for any info.

Got off of Equinox 10 days ago. They did not use coupons. Still was held in Sky Lounge. We are Elite +. There were less than 500 Elite and above.

Edited by Oxo

For a long time, they have used vouchers for cruises with a high number of Elite members (800?) like transatlantics. I have not heard that they are now using vouchers for all cruises, and I think we certainly would have heard here if that was the case. It will be interesting to see what recent cruisers have experienced on cruises with a normal number of Elites (300ish?).

Has anyone had the regular Happy Hour in the Sky Lounge recently, or has everyone received vouchers?

For a long time, they have used vouchers for cruises with a high number of Elite members (800?) like transatlantics. I have not heard that they are now using vouchers for all cruises, and I think we certainly would have heard here if that was the case. It will be interesting to see what recent cruisers have experienced on cruises with a normal number of Elites (300ish?).

Has anyone had the regular Happy Hour in the Sky Lounge recently, or has everyone received vouchers?

We were on the Equinox in Feb & no vouchers were used then, still had the happy hour in Sky Lounge.

Edited by If only

With the drink pack promo the lounge probably isn't that crowded. We have only used the lounge one time since being Elite and after that cruise we always had the drink pack. We never attended the lounge since and never used the vouchers.

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

On a number of cruises on several ships since January 1st and have not seen vouchers being used. It would really add to the cost of the program if they used vouchers and did not limit beverage choices as they did on a TA.On that cruise we could get any drink upto $8 per glass.

I understand that their goal is to eliminate coupons entirely and place all benefits on an embedded chip in the Seapass card.

On a number of cruises on several ships since January 1st and have not seen vouchers being used. It would really add to the cost of the program if they used vouchers and did not limit beverage choices as they did on a TA.On that cruise we could get any drink upto $8 per glass.

I understand that their goal is to eliminate coupons entirely and place all benefits on an embedded chip in the Seapass card.

When coupons were used on Eclipse in Nov 2014, they only allowed the same drinks as those that were on the Sky Lounge menu. Celebrity should come of age and automate their system. They are part of RCI and RCI does use the Seapass card instead of paper coupons. In addition, RCI gives 3 drinks plus the use of the Lounges from 5-8:30pm. RCI is not limiting you to just 3 drinks per evening. Celebrity is marketing themselves as a Modern Luxury Cruise Line. So, get modern and up-to-date.

Have seen coupons, drinks loaded on our Sea Pass, and the party in the lounge. It completely depended on the number of Elites sailing. Celebrity is indeed switching and should be switched at some point in 2015. The drink choices with the vouchers are limited, but the staff often has made other choice available at the bars. Possibly due to what they had on hand.

Have an upcoming TA with about 1/2 Elite or more and will be interesting to see what they do. It also is an issue to take a large venue for the party every night. Easier and cheaper to do it electronically on your pass. Expect it to be done that way on X - already available via Sea Pass on RCI - soon.

Call again, speak to a different agent and you should get a different answer.

Vouchers only when there are a very large number of elites on board or if the Sky Lounge (S-class) is being used for a large group on board. In that case vouchers will be available for the other bars. (Reflection January, can't remember which group was onboard... Country western group I believe)

Sky Lounge for us on the Feb. Equinox. We never attended because we had the package.

For my upcoming cruise, I will not have the alcoholic package as I am a 3rd in the stateroom. My daughters will have the package.

I know that I can go to the Sky Lounge between 5-7 and have a drink. How does this work? What drinks are included? I have only been to the Elite gathering, and again, having the drink package, we used our cards to get a cocktail.;)

Have seen coupons, drinks loaded on our Sea Pass, [and the party in the lounge. It completely depended on the number of Elites sailing. Celebrity is indeed switching and should be switched at some point in 2015. The drink choices with the vouchers are limited, but the staff often has made other choice available at the bars. Possibly due to what they had on hand.

What ship is loading the CC drinks on the sea pass? This would make things easier and reduce the number of Elite drink vouchers that some with the drink package give to non-elites to use.

Have seen coupons, drinks loaded on our Sea Pass, and the party in the lounge.

When was this, and what ship?

I know they have started "preloading' internet on sea pass cards on various ships (is this on all of them yet?) so wondering is a particular ship has started this for other perks, such as Elite cocktails.

We had vouchers in Feb. 2014, it was a 2 week cruise with many Elites. Not a big deal but the selection is not good. Choice of 2 beers and very cheap liquor.

On Eclipse 11/2014 they allowed you to get only the same drinks as those that were on the Sky Lounge Elite Menu. However, you could not use coupons in the MDR, BLU and a couple of the bars.

Personally, I could not understand why you could not use the 3 coupons at anytime during the evening and any day since they restricted you to 3 drinks (only) per night. If it was Sr. Officer Cocktail night and Boarding Night you could not get or use 3 coupons.

When coupons were used on Eclipse in Nov 2014, they only allowed the same drinks as those that were on the Sky Lounge menu. Celebrity should come of age and automate their system. They are part of RCI and RCI does use the Seapass card instead of paper coupons. In addition, RCI gives 3 drinks plus the use of the Lounges from 5-8:30pm. RCI is not limiting you to just 3 drinks per evening. Celebrity is marketing themselves as a Modern Luxury Cruise Line. So, get modern and up-to-date.

Yep; I totally agree. We were on Allure of the Seas in November and this is what they did. Great idea. We frequented one of the bars near our floor or the Diamond Lounge before dinner every night.

Yep; I totally agree. We were on Allure of the Seas in November and this is what they did. Great idea. We frequented one of the bars near our floor or the Diamond Lounge before dinner every night.

WOW, small world as we were on the Allure 11/16/14. Really don't understand why X does not use RCI software/IT. Allure had better food in the Lounges, too during 5-8:30PM.

Really don't understand why X does not use RCI software/IT.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. I'm sure it would mean a complete overhaul of all their IT Systems already in place. It's not easy or fun to migrate to new (or different) computer systems/software.

Not sure Modern Luxury for me would be people being served so many drinks, three drinks per evening seems like plenty to me, that there would be a lot of stumbling folks around the ship drunk, because we all know how some will just take advantage of free drinks.

I do agree that instead of vouchers, they should just have the drinks on the seapass card instead of issuing coupons.

Edited by NLH Arizona