No Bailey's??!!

wrongwaywatson

Pour some scotch into a glass of milk!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a way to ruin a perfectly good glass of milk.:eek:

I knew someone years ago who drank scotch and milk. I tried it and was surprised to find it wasn't actually horrible.

I knew someone years ago who drank scotch and milk. I tried it and was surprised to find it wasn't actually horrible.

Actually I'm biased; I've never "acquired a taste" for scotch.

A teething elixir. :eek:

I'm of the age where mothers would rub a little whiskey on a baby's gums; but that was many, many[ years ago. Now the mother would end up in jail over doing something like that./COLOR]

I'm of the age where mothers would rub a little whiskey on a baby's gums; but that was many, many[ years ago. Now the mother would end up in jail over doing something like that.

I was being medically evacuated from Rome in the summer of 1983 with my 6 month old and DH. Pan Am had no seats at the height of tourist season in economy so we were put in first class (and spoiled for life!) on a 747. DD had the first row, only seat on the left (which she didn't sit in - just her car seat), DH and I were right behind her and there was enough room to sit her on the floor on a blanket with some toys between the 2 rows of seats. I was on a restricted diet unfortunately (this was back when first class food was first class) and could only watch my DH eat. When DD got a little fussy, the flight attendant (the first time I had seen a male flight attendant - he was old enough to be my father) asked if she was teething and suggested rubbing a bit of Scotch on them ('worked for my 5 kids' :)). DH said just bring him the Scotch and not waste it on DD!

I'm of the age where mothers would rub a little whiskey on a baby's gums; but that was many, many[ years ago. Now the mother would end up in jail over doing something like that./COLOR]

I started to say that but decided not to, in fear of being flogged. :cool:

I worked in a bar with about 150 different single malts - a couple of regulars, who happened to be Belgian (I thought at the time maybe this was A Thing in Belgium, but have not met another since who does it), started with A and worked their way through the alphabet (only three each per visit, they came back a lot of times).

The weird thing - every time they added the scotch to a mug of hot chocolate. None of the staff, including myself, would actually pour it in for them - we just handed over the glasses and the mugs and then turned away...

When my first son was born we didn't realize that having 4 teeth at the age of 4 months was unusual. The poor kid was in misery and we were getting somewhat stressed out. One doctor told my wife to pour a shot of whiskey, rub a bit on my son's gums, and then drink the rest.

Called and tried to order with the item number. No dice. Not available. I am on hold for Customer Relations. It only seems fair that if you are allowed to bring one bottle of wine or one bottle of champagne (which IS available for pre-purchase), that you should be able to bring one bottle of liqueur.

Called and tried to order with the item number. No dice. Not available. I am on hold for Customer Relations. It only seems fair that if you are allowed to bring one bottle of wine or one bottle of champagne (which IS available for pre-purchase), that you should be able to bring one bottle of liqueur.

I don't think 'fairness' enters into the equation and it doesn't really have to. Princess is running a business - they get to make the rules. As a consumer one can complain but the most effective protest is to vote with your feet and go to another cruise line if bringing booze on board is important.

I don't think 'fairness' enters into the equation and it doesn't really have to. Princess is running a business - they get to make the rules. As a consumer one can complain but the most effective protest is to vote with your feet and go to another cruise line if bringing booze on board is important.

Yep, they get to make the rules. Their ship, their rules. I did complain and I asked them why they allow one item and not the other and I didn't get an answer.

I've only sailed on Princess and I don't intend to leave. Well, I am going on RC Oasis of the Seas next year, but that is a free trip from Beachbody, so I will go on that.

I am not much of a drinker at all, really the only time I drink is on the ship when I would drink Bailey's on the balcony. So, it isn't a big enough deal to me to go to another line. It is just an irritation.

Maybe see if you can buy a bottle from the bar after you've boarded? I've heard people can do that (although it might have been before it was removed from the room menus).

I don't see them changing the liquor rule anytime soon. One bottle of wine is 5 glasses of wine, while a bottle of liquor (750 ml) is about 17 pours at 1.5 oz.