MSC Seaside News

Mikesa1721

That is an interesting article, many thanks for the link.

I am sure you are right - these new ships are not intended to appeal to me. The 'millennials' will have never seen an ocean liner to appreciate the sea-going lines. The compromise in every cruise ship between ocean liner and floating resort appears in these designs to have drastically lurched towards floating resort.

Not that I am saying this is a bad thing. To me the logical progression is towards cruise-line branded hotels which offer the cruise experience without actually being on a ship. I love hotels and yearn for Cunard or MSC ashore.

Hi Tim:

Let me start by saying that I get where you're coming from in terms of the difference between ocean liner and cruise ship design. I'm a liner fanatic through and through. I have over 13,000 items in my linerania collection, and I've written three books on the subject.

However, while we would love nothing more than to see the likes of NORMANDIE, BREMEN, EUROPA, REX, CONTE DI SAVOIA, etc. plying across the ocean, I'm afraid you and I are in the minority. That said, I'm not so down on modern cruise ship design as some other traditionalists; I see it as more of a natural progression that's based on what the public as a whole wants, and what a majority of the ship-going public needs. Balconies sell, so it's only natural that there's more of them. Of course some designs are better than others – QM2 and RCI's FREEDOM Class spring to mind. And as much as I could care less about sea-going amusement park-style amenities, I realize I'm outnumbered.

Yep, SEASIDE is a pretty radical design...but so was NORMANDIE when she entered service in '35; same with QE2 in '69 (that one was a tough pill for people to swallow). I'm not saying I love or hate SEASIDE; I'm just saying it falls in line with what a majority of the cruising public wants. We traditionalists either accept it, embrace it, or we miss out. For me, being at sea on a giant, comfortable ship is what it's all about....I just close my eyes, feel the wind in my face, and imagine I'm heading across the Atlantic on board QUEEN MARY.

-Russ

Just discovered this on a UK cruise website:-

23.12.17 for 14 nights departing from Miami for £1299pp.

2 days at sea

St Thomas

Sea

2 days Nassau?!!

Miami

At sea

Ocho Rios

George Town

Cozumel

At sea

Best of Bahamas??!!

Miami

Confusing, a similar itinerary a week later:-

30.12.17 (14 nights)

06.01.18 £859pp (ic) (14nights)

13.1.18 £859pp (ic) (14 nights)

20.1.18 £859pp (ic) (14 nights)

27.1.18 £859pp (ic) (14 nights)

10.3.18 £899 (ic) (14 nights)

Dos any know if there will b a transatlantic sailing? (I'm on the Meraglivia, so hoping to do Seaside as well).

Here you go guys & gals:

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/bookings-open-for-msc-seaside-touted-as-a-ship-of-revolutionary-design.html

What a disappointment to see the same, boring ports all other cruise lines go to- St. Thomas, Nassau, San Juan or St. Maarten, Cozumel, Jamaica, etc...and yes, apparently MSC is trying to buy a new private island..hopefully, much nicer than Great Stirrup Cay..best I've seen is Castaway Cay ( Disney) followed by Half Moon Cay ( HAL)...

Big Al

I was trying to get pricing online for the Seaside in January 2018 and it is giving a promotional code (not able to remove it). Is anybody having a similar problem. BTW, I am a voyager member. I am trying to remove the promotional code, but it is not letting me.

I was trying to get pricing online for the Seaside in January 2018 and it is giving a promotional code (not able to remove it). Is anybody having a similar problem. BTW, I am a voyager member. I am trying to remove the promotional code, but it is not letting me.

Yes I'm having the same problem, it figures MSC having web problems.

I also could not remove promotional code so called my PVP and she booked me on the second voyage of the Seaside in January...Yacht Club Royal Suite for an UNBELIEVABLE price! She said the Royal Suite is almost 1,000 square feet including the balcony! Whoo Whee!!!

I also could not remove promotional code so called my PVP and she booked me on the second voyage of the Seaside in January...Yacht Club Royal Suite for an UNBELIEVABLE price! She said the Royal Suite is almost 1,000 square feet including the balcony! Whoo Whee!!!

Also looking to book in Yacht Club. Looking at January 13. Can you share some information about pricing?

Also looking to book in Yacht Club. Looking at January 13. Can you share some information about pricing?

here are the prices on the UK site it will only let in voyagers club members!!!!

cruise only

seaside%20jan%2018.jpg

And the US site

seside%202018%20jan%202.jpg

Edited by Skier52

Kathi, please pm me on facebook and let me know your TA and cabin #. Tom and I will be celebrating our 55th anniversary in Dec., 2016 and have talked about sailing the first part of 2017 to celebrate. Thanks!!

Pete ... Thanks for the info on the UK pricing/club members, because there was no TA listed or November sailings I did not go beyond that page.

It would have been nice of MSC to let UK members know it was going on sale!

Pricing for YC Royal Suite January 2018 3 people with Voyager Club discount was $5700. Regular YC balcony suite with discount was around $4700 for 3. For 2 the price was around $4400. Price for 2 on May 12, 2018 Royal Suite Yacht Club was $5387 with discount. Not much more than Divina prices.

Edited by kathiean

Pricing for YC Royal Suite January 2018 3 people with Voyager Club discount was $5700. Regular YC balcony suite with discount was around $4700 for 3. For 2 the price was around $4400. Price for 2 on May 12, 2018 Royal Suite Yacht Club was $5387 with discount. Not much more than Divina prices.

Were you able to book the May 2018 cruise as well? I was told couldn't book anything after March 2018 today. I tried booking online before I called and kept getting an error.

Were you able to book the May 2018 cruise as well? I was told couldn't book anything after March 2018 today. I tried booking online before I called and kept getting an error.

Yes, I did. May 12, 2018. The MSC website seems to be up and running now...but I used my PVP.

I tried but I'm still getting an error. Did you book with a PVC in the US?

Yes...based in Orlando. I have used them for over 30 cruises. They are utterly amazing. Meet or beat any pricing and I just love using a live person and not a website! Great personal service.