MSC Seaside News

Mikesa1721

I just found out about this awesome ship. And how did I find out?? Of all places it was on a thread that someone started on the NCL page. I've sailed on most of the major lines but I've had my eye on MSC for quite a while. There is a TV program called "Dream Cruises" and they profile MSC quite often. The Seaside looks amazing. I get the feeling that some of the NCL fans have been turned off by the recent changes and are exploring other options.

I am one who actually likes the mega ships and have sailed on the Oasis, Getaway and the Epic. Never really experienced any crowding issues, even in the buffet. I was hoping for new and different ports. I'm sailing the Escape in February and finally it has a port I've never been to...Tortola.

I'm going to be checking on the progress of the Seaside because I think it would be a good fit for my family. I'm dying to see some renderings of the cabins.

Since I know you did such an excellent job with the Everything Escape thread, I have to ask, will you be doing one for Seaside :D?

I'm glad you found the review helpful!

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the Everything Escape thread. I did participate quite a bit but it was someone else's masterpiece! I would love to see something similar for SEASIDE.

I just found out about this awesome ship. And how did I find out?? Of all places it was on a thread that someone started on the NCL page. I've sailed on most of the major lines but I've had my eye on MSC for quite a while. There is a TV program called "Dream Cruises" and they profile MSC quite often. The Seaside looks amazing. I get the feeling that some of the NCL fans have been turned off by the recent changes and are exploring other options.

I am one who actually likes the mega ships and have sailed on the Oasis, Getaway and the Epic. Never really experienced any crowding issues, even in the buffet. I was hoping for new and different ports. I'm sailing the Escape in February and finally it has a port I've never been to...Tortola.

I'm going to be checking on the progress of the Seaside because I think it would be a good fit for my family. I'm dying to see some renderings of the cabins.

That is exactly what led me to MSC. Too many changes and too much money-grabbing at NCL. I am looking forward to this ship!!

I'm glad you found the review helpful!

Unfortunately I can't take credit for the Everything Escape thread. I did participate quite a bit but it was someone else's masterpiece! I would love to see something similar for SEASIDE.

Oops, what a mistake to make :o.

That is exactly what led me to MSC. Too many changes and too much money-grabbing at NCL. I am looking forward to this ship!!

I feel the same way. I have one more NCL cruise booked but that will be it for a while.

We are also NCL loyal but all of the changes have left a bad taste in my mouth. Already booked the MSC Seaside for January 2018

Edited by jmele999

We booked an inside cabin on the Seaside Launch (inaugural) Dec 23, 2017. Have sailed the Divina twice, and the Seaside looks amazing. Also looking forward to checking out their new private island on this sailing.

Edited by NCMtnBoys

Tiffany ... Still checking out prices here but looking to wait for the TA to Miami to see what price they offer it at, as with all cruise lines I am sure MSC will likely get the ship early and roll out at least one cruise prior to the 23rd December sailing.

At the current exchange rate $2,500 is £1,712 UK.

For April 7th in the same cabin Fantastica Suite the price is £1,550.50($2,264) but no mention of a drink package!

Please do take some credit! You were one of the big contributors to Everything Escape! :D

Let's make this thread the one for Seaside!

As some mentioned, MSC USA might be an alternative to NCL. Not sure if their European product would appeal to US customers, very different demographic on board.

Tiffany ... Still checking out prices here but looking to wait for the TA to Miami to see what price they offer it at, as with all cruise lines I am sure MSC will likely get the ship early and roll out at least one cruise prior to the 23rd December sailing.

At the current exchange rate $2,500 is £1,712 UK.

For April 7th in the same cabin Fantastica Suite the price is £1,550.50($2,264) but no mention of a drink package!

That's not too bad then! I guess the drink package is just for the US then? Hopefully you can get it too.

Nice pic! Do you have the front half?

You already saw them lol, I backtracked the pic to the Seaside interior thread mid August this year hehe!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47144128&postcount=63

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47144128&postcount=64

Despite, the model does show some great balconies!

You already saw them lol, I backtracked the pic to the Seaside interior thread mid August this year hehe!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47144128&postcount=63

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=47144128&postcount=64

Despite, the model does show some great balconies!

Thanks! Now that the deck plans are out I can compare with the model.

There are pretty high beams/support poles under the bridge which can be seen in the model:

11358935_1589628137952960_1766560305_n.jpg

11820704_1643604772563695_86987084_n.jpg

Something to consider for anybody. Not sure on which deck they end but that would be one unhappy balcony!

Can't say you see those that large on new ships, some older Princess ships are the only ones I can recall to have them.

According to the statement below, voyager club members should receive a 10% discount for booking Seaside during the pre-sale period. Has anyone received the 10% discount? I recently booked an only received the 5% discount for being a voyager club member.

"The news about Ocean Cay follows the announcement that MSC Seaside 2017/2018 itineraries have gone on sale exclusively to MSC Voyager Club members. A bonus 5% discount will be applied in addition to the standard 5% discount that Voyagers Club members receive on all cruises in the pre-sale period"

Here is the link to the story.

http://www.portsofcall.co.uk/msc-cruises-private-ocean-cay-facts/

According to the statement below, voyager club members should receive a 10% discount for booking Seaside during the pre-sale period. Has anyone received the 10% discount? I recently booked an only received the 5% discount for being a voyager club member.

"The news about Ocean Cay follows the announcement that MSC Seaside 2017/2018 itineraries have gone on sale exclusively to MSC Voyager Club members. A bonus 5% discount will be applied in addition to the standard 5% discount that Voyagers Club members receive on all cruises in the pre-sale period"

Here is the link to the story.

http://www.portsofcall.co.uk/msc-cruises-private-ocean-cay-facts/

Hi

We have literally just booked Seaside for the 10th March 2018 sailing and received the 10% discount. Got an absolute steal for the 2 week sailing.

Laura

Hi

We have literally just booked Seaside for the 10th March 2018 sailing and received the 10% discount. Got an absolute steal for the 2 week sailing.

Laura

Thanks,

I am trying to see if I can find something on the website about it so that I can send it to my cruise consultant.

Johan