I've HAD IT with Royal Caribbean!!!

Eve

Sounds like a first-world problem. I hope you pull through. :rolleyes:

As far as luggage tags are concerned, I actually enjoy printing out my own. Gives me something to do that is cruise related and we bought luggage tag holders for $5 which we use every cruise. As well, we use at least one luggage tag from each cruise as a Christmas ornament. We get it laminated and hang it on the tree. :)

Have there typically been a lot of third-world passengers on your

past cruises ?

Maybe she has never been on a ship with DD and this was her first experience with booking it? I can see why you are perplexed..sometimes you have to think outside the box

I am guessing it is their first time with DD, but given the OP stated they are an experienced cruiser and Diamond, you would have thought they would have questioned what it is and how it is different to other ships, at the time of booking if they didn't know what it was. They must have done some research into dining as they are booking speciality restaurants;) Any research on the ship booked would automatically have said DD!!!!!! Trust me I tried thinking outside the box, but no matter how hard I try their statement still contradicts itself. ;)

I am an experienced cruiser myself, but still research the ship, features, dining, itinerary, reviews and cabins before I book. At least that way, if I don't like what's on board I only have myself to blame;)

Edited by Spurschick

I miss the package that we used to get that included luggage tags, but now all the major lines do the same thing. Try finding a line that sends them

We also liked it when the Cruise lines sent the Document package. I don't mind printing them. All part of changes. I'd rather print them and have them before we leave home vs getting them from the porters. BTW Celebrity still sends you luggage tags at no cost.

Edited by davekathy

Every single problem on this forum is a first world problem :)

ryano-

You are SOOOO right about that; first-world issues for sure. Not that I don't sympathize with the OP's frustration, and the need to vent. That's what CC is for, right? Personally though while I'd love to still get the mailed luggage tags, RCI has made a business decision not to mail them to little people like me. It's OK. I won't die. In fact, it took me less than 15 minutes to cut, fold, and insert the online tags into the plastic holder. Not worth ruining my vaca over...but that's me. I've got more years behind me than in front of me...I WANT TO CRUISE! :cool:

Have there typically been a lot of third-world passengers on your

past cruises ?

I would assume there's been some. But, the point is more about having perspective and not letting the little things bother you.

Edited by lv2bcruzin

She has attempted to book her dynamic dining only to have it missing. Its not the dining, its the process of booking and losing it. You must not have thought outside enough..Its not about what you or she would do, its the frustration with the process...simple Maybe someone , during the booking process, sent her luggage tags on the side. Things happen to people when they are nice...

I have. If you read my following post she is going on Oasis. They scrapped DD ages ago. That's why there won't be any DD reservations now;) Dynamic Dining doesn't exist on oasis;) she needs to either make MTD reservations or select traditional dining. A pain yes, but that's why her reservations are probably gone.

At a guess she probably received email about DD, made reservations, missed the memo that it was now not being introduced, hence the confusion.

Edited by Spurschick

I think the website has always had glitches and still does. When it would not work for me, I called Customer Service and they were of help and took care of what I could not do on the web.

I think trying another cruise line's site will bring the poster back, since I have not found a really reliable cruise line site yet.

On dining, I prefer traditional dining, but on our February cruises, we were in the Grande dining room on Oasis and that dining room was for traditional dining and My Time dining. We had a bad location in that our table was on the track to take My Timers back to their tables. We had scooters stop and back up as they turned just before our table and also had bottle necks of people standing by our table. Less than perfect, indeed, but this is the face of the future. While traditional dining exists, I will try to get in the dining room that is just for traditional dining, but after that goes away, we will just deal with My Time or Dynamic Dining.

I like RCCL's ships and we will stay with this cruise line for a while, anyway. I have been on other cruise lines. So far RCCL still beats them.

Okay, maybe this explains the issues.

Looking at OP's profile they are going on Oasis. Perhaps they don't have the memo that DD has been scrapped on board, hence why no DD reservations in their planner now.

:rolleyes:

I believe that OP was saying that her specialty restaurant reservations, for which she has already paid, were missing. Confusing that with the DD concept isn't inconceivable, even for a Diamond or higher cruiser.

No single issue OP encountered is overwhelming,but I understand her frustration. RCI's websites, old and new, are a disgrace.

For all RCI tout the technology of Quantum and her sisters, they should pay more attention to what their new hot market, the millennials, have to go through to book a cruise. After all, that's the face of the company until one actually boards the ship (or calls customer service). What used to take a few clicks of a mouse now take "click on dates." wait....."pick a date range." wait....."ship class/dropdown menu" wait.... etc. Having to scroll through a description of every port to figure out the itinerary is lunacy. I don't know what they intended, but speeding up the process must not have been on the list.

I just thank the Powers of the Universe for the staff and crew once we board the ship and can leave all that behind.

Has anyone actually been able to order luggage tags since 2010 for $5.00? I know that some still get them for free - pinnacles and gold card holders. I am asking if anyone who has sailed in a Non Gold card cabin has been able to get them for $5.00. I have been using the luggage tag holders I bought on Amazon and they work fine. It just would be nice to pay $5.00 for the printing and postage and get them as it is nice to have the luggage tags. It's not a big deal to me either way, but Celebrity still mails luggage tags free of charge to any passenger requesting them. Same parent company.

Both Celebrity and Disney still mail luggage tags. That's 2/3 of the lines I sail.

However with Di$ney you pay 1/3 more for this and the free soda that's included in the higher price LOL :D:D:D

I have no idea what they heck is going on at RCCL lately, but I've HAD IT. First of all, their website is in complete shambles. I've logged on to find that my PAID FOR reservation is not showing up. I log off and log back on again, and voila, there it is. Dinner reservations that I've made and paid for are gone. Only to reappear sometimes--not all the time. Forget shore excursions. I can't even log into the program to reserve those.

Dynamic Dining? They can keep it. I want to enjoy my vacation, not schedule every minute of it.

Reserving at a speciality restaurant? The reservation says "$0" for Sabor. Great. Only after reading these boards do I find out that I'll have to pay when I get onboard. OK. That's fine. But could you please TELL me that on the reservation page so I can plan accordingly??

But today was the last straw. I called RCCL to request luggage tags. The agent told me that effective March 1, 2010 there is a $5 fee for luggage tags because everything is online now and I should print my own. I have cruised RCCL since 2010. NOT ONCE have I been charged for luggage tags.

I'm done. If this cruise wasn't non-refundable at this point, I'd cancel. Royal needs to get their act together FAST if they want to retain their client base. I'm a Diamond member, not new to cruising. I'm watching the decline in customer service, and I'm darn angry about it.

I believe that OP was saying that her specialty restaurant reservations, for which she has already paid, were missing. Confusing that with the DD concept isn't inconceivable, even for a Diamond or higher cruiser.

No single issue OP encountered is overwhelming,but I understand her frustration. RCI's websites, old and new, are a disgrace.

For all RCI tout the technology of Quantum and her sisters, they should pay more attention to what their new hot market, the millennials, have to go through to book a cruise. After all, that's the face of the company until one actually boards the ship (or calls customer service). What used to take a few clicks of a mouse now take "click on dates." wait....."pick a date range." wait....."ship class/dropdown menu" wait.... etc. Having to scroll through a description of every port to figure out the itinerary is lunacy. I don't know what they intended, but speeding up the process must not have been on the list.

I just thank the Powers of the Universe for the staff and crew once we board the ship and can leave all that behind.

I agree their technology has had issues for well over a year now. It is frustrating, especially when there is such dependence on technology in the whole process.

Actually OP clearly states they don't like DD as they don't want to schedule their time whilst on vacation. Either way, speciality dining and DD both do that. It would be interesting to know if OP has done MTD or traditional in the past, as if MTD the concept shouldn't be new to them, nor should speciality dining as that has existed for a considerable time too. My point was there is no DD on Oasis, and they could have selected a more traditional option if that was what was desired. We have had occasions where we request MTD at the same time every night because that's what suits us. We then don't have to keep track of what time we need to be where as it is the same every day.

Also the OP has stated that the reservations are sometimes showing, not that they have disappeared completely. Whilst it is frustrating, yes, but if they can be seen at times why not print out the calendar and then not stress.? When you make reservations you get an email confirmation so it should be easy to check without the need of the planner when trying to coordinate other events. We always print our email confirmations out so we know for our records.

Personally if I was that worried about my reservations I would call C&A to confirm. I actually went through this last year on Navigator. Issues with all my dining reservations as they split our party into different times. Also had issues with shore excursions not showing. They were able to send an email and send screen dumps of their system. Yes it took time, but was sorted and were even given a number for the ship to call f we experienced any issues onboard. RC know there are issues, but can only help if you ask them. The OP makes no mention of trying to resolve over the phone other than the request for luggage tags, to which they didn't like having to pay for.

I, like you, don't think any one thing, has caused the opinions of the OP, but more they have let everything bottle up and then got upset. A lot of little things can build up into something big if you let it. We have encountered this several times. But given the chance, RC will assist if asked. You just need to ask;)

Sounds like a first-world problem. I hope you pull through. :rolleyes:

As far as luggage tags are concerned, I actually enjoy printing out my own. Gives me something to do that is cruise related and we bought luggage tag holders for $5 which we use every cruise. As well, we use at least one luggage tag from each cruise as a Christmas ornament. We get it laminated and hang it on the tree. :)

This is a site that deals with multimillion dollar cruise ships and the people who pay to sail on them. You expect to find something other than first world problems?

Enjoy your crafts making. I have no use for it and will continue to let the terminal porters take care of it for me.

ryano-

You are SOOOO right about that; first-world issues for sure. Not that I don't sympathize with the OP's frustration, and the need to vent. That's what CC is for, right? Personally though while I'd love to still get the mailed luggage tags, RCI has made a business decision not to mail them to little people like me. It's OK. I won't die. In fact, it took me less than 15 minutes to cut, fold, and insert the online tags into the plastic holder. Not worth ruining my vaca over...but that's me. I've got more years behind me than in front of me...I WANT TO CRUISE! :cool:

Personally I don't think the luggage tag issue is that big of deal, but that's just me, and not everyone even uses a computer (my parents). None the less, it's probably the needle the broke the camels back for the OP.

Implying that the 3rd world would not care about an issue is really setting the bar fairly low. Any Denny's loyalists ready to say the same thing, if the grand slam increases in price while they start using powdered eggs?

*The third world usually uses better judgement on bang per buck*

Edited by Stateroom_Sailor

They haven't provided luggage tags for many years. No big deal. I don't think other cruise lines do it either. We have been using the plastic luggage tag holders sold on line and they work great. We've used the original ones we bought many times so it's much cheaper than paying $5.00

They work great

Here's the link to some at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Cruise-Luggage-Tag-Holders-Set/dp/B00ABM7I0W

From the ad:

•Designed for use with all of the Carnival owned cruise lines

•Princess, Carnival, Costa, Holland America, P&O, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity

•Protects your printed cruise luggage tags, water resistant, durable, reusable.

•Will not fall off or tear off in transit.

Sonds like most cruise lines do it this way.

•PRICE IS FOR A SET OF 4 TAGS

They work great!!

Edited by 2chiefs

I used the luggage tags from Amazon and one got ripped off a bag somehow and didn't get my bag till very late in the evening.

So I'm back to using packing tape on both sides and putting one on each handle since then! I figured if I have 2 on a bag at least 1 will survive!

Interesting that the OP has not said anything since the original post. Guess she has had it and jumped to different line on Cruise Critic! :)

So I'm back to using packing tape on both sides...

That's what we do too, so not a big deal! We do it at home before we leave, then put them on our luggage after flying into the embarkation city. Clear packing tape on both sides makes them extra sturdy... those suckers aren't going anywhere! :D:p

I would assume there's been some. But, the point is more about having perspective and not letting the little things bother you.

See thats where I disagree. Where is the acceptable list of things you are allowed to be perturbed about?

Op's list is just as valid as any other. He/she is a paying customer.

Actually I've often found that the little things in customer service are what makes the difference.