I've HAD IT with Royal Caribbean!!!

Eve

Oh no.....Royal is now going to be inundated with calls requesting the $5 luggage tags that don't exist.:D

LOL I was thinking the same thing. :D

I read through this entire thread to see if anyone confirmed the $5 luggage tags and haven't seen it confirmed yet. I also just went to check the reservation for my upcoming Oasis cruise for which documents have been issued, and there was no option for me to order luggage tags for a price that I saw -- only to print paper ones.

I don't think it's a big enough deal to make a difference, but there was always something special about doing the "Doc Dance" when we got the package in the mail. I miss that too. We bought the tag holders from Amazon and they work fine, but it's sort of like so many things that are getting automated (Loyalty Coupon Books, gratuities, etc.) that take just a little more joy out of the cruise experience. We used to enjoy reading the coupon books when we first got on and pulling out the ones we'd want to use. They weren't worth a lot, but it made us feel special. I guess now we just get a sheet of paper (if we're lucky) and discounts just happen. Still nice, but not as much fun. We used to love just handing the gratuities to the people on the last day as part of the experience. Yeah, the labels were just stickers, but they were really pretty and there was a tinge of fun putting them on in the hotel before going to the ship. The new ones are functional.

Doing the Doc Dance holding an email printed is just not the same.

Alas... but we're still cruising. Like I said, it's not a big enough deal, but like you I miss that experience. For us, cruising is about a whole bunch of little experiences.

It certainly does't make me mad like the OP. Just a little sad if I stop to think about it.

Tom

Yeah, but when I had to clean out my house when I moved to this condo, those "document books" went right in the trash.

I am 99.99999999999999% certain that the "$5" in her original post was a typo for "$35".

Always wondered how rumors got started and I have no doubt this will be one. :p How soon will someone post, "I heard that you can get $5 luggage tags mailed to you",? :D

MM, did I punctuate that correctly?:o

Edited by iheartbda

Is it just me or does this rank right up there with "Bananas in a bowl next to the ketchup and mayo"? :rolleyes:

Never forget!

#bananasinabowlnexttotheketchupandmayo

#travestyin2014

#sowrongyoucantjustifyit

de2xy.jpg.c6b5b66d7be57f97d574143fdbd1fa8f.jpg

Edited by poncho1973

I have no idea what they heck is going on at RCCL lately, but I've HAD IT. First of all, their website is in complete shambles. I've logged on to find that my PAID FOR reservation is not showing up. I log off and log back on again, and voila, there it is. Dinner reservations that I've made and paid for are gone. Only to reappear sometimes--not all the time. Forget shore excursions. I can't even log into the program to reserve those.

Dynamic Dining? They can keep it. I want to enjoy my vacation, not schedule every minute of it.

Reserving at a speciality restaurant? The reservation says "$0" for Sabor. Great. Only after reading these boards do I find out that I'll have to pay when I get onboard. OK. That's fine. But could you please TELL me that on the reservation page so I can plan accordingly??

But today was the last straw. I called RCCL to request luggage tags. The agent told me that effective March 1, 2010 there is a $5 fee for luggage tags because everything is online now and I should print my own. I have cruised RCCL since 2010. NOT ONCE have I been charged for luggage tags.

I'm done. If this cruise wasn't non-refundable at this point, I'd cancel. Royal needs to get their act together FAST if they want to retain their client base. I'm a Diamond member, not new to cruising. I'm watching the decline in customer service, and I'm darn angry about it.

Looks like you are just looking for excuses.

You're willing to make reservations for specialty but you want to enjoy your vacation by not making reservations for Dynamic Dining. And regardless, there is NO Dynamic Dining on your May 2nd Oasis cruise.

As others have chimed in, you have to print your own or get them from porter. BIG DEAL!

Website? Never had a problem with it. Not once

Looks like you are just looking for excuses.

You're willing to make reservations for specialty but you want to enjoy your vacation by not making reservations for Dynamic Dining. And regardless, there is NO Dynamic Dining on your May 2nd Oasis cruise.

As others have chimed in, you have to print your own or get them from porter. BIG DEAL!

Website? Never had a problem with it. Not once

Seriously? You have got to be one of the very few.

I was one of the very few for a long time. Seriously, I wondered what all the fuss was about. Then, I logged into My Cruises one day a while back and suddenly my paid off cruise had a 600.00 balance :eek:

Now, this new site gives me all kinds of trouble. :(

I was one of the very few for a long time. Seriously, I wondered what all the fuss was about. Then, I logged into My Cruises one day a while back and suddenly my paid off cruise had a 600.00 balance :eek:

Now, this new site gives me all kinds of trouble. :(

At least it cleared up your confusion about all the fuss.:D

I don't know that I could say never a problem at all. I've encountered a glitch here or there, but not really more than any other website. In fact, I probably see more glitches on Cruise Critic website than on Royal Caribbean.

After weeks and weeks of more posts like this, I still can't believe the amount of people who bash the OP for their legitimate list of concerns. It's like, do you all work for RCI in the corporate office (or the IT department...that would explain why the website doesn't work?)

I've been loyal to royal for over 12 years now. But I think it's coming to an end. I used to rave about the cruise line. Tell people it's the only way to go. Then the past 2 or so years have give me reason to change my mind. Both my on board experiences and through other means such as their non-functioning website and lack of customer service.

I understand everybody has their own opinion, but why take up 4+ pages criticizing the OP for legitimate concerns?

After weeks and weeks of more posts like this, I still can't believe the amount of people who bash the OP for their legitimate list of concerns. It's like, do you all work for RCI in the corporate office (or the IT department...that would explain why the website doesn't work?)

I've been loyal to royal for over 12 years now. But I think it's coming to an end. I used to rave about the cruise line. Tell people it's the only way to go. Then the past 2 or so years have give me reason to change my mind. Both my on board experiences and through other means such as their non-functioning website and lack of customer service.

I understand everybody has their own opinion, but why take up 4+ pages criticizing the OP for legitimate concerns?

It's not all criticizing the OP. Some people, such as yourself, are criticizing the people responding to the OP.

And several people, including myself, have sympathized with the OP and wished them a happy cruise.

The funny thing is you don't even get hang tags anymore, you get printed long stickers that are very narrow (fold over to attach). I got them as a GS guest but plan on using my plastic holders as they look far more durable than those stickers.

I'm going to knock on wood here and say that I never have website issues. I can't vouch for the "mystery balance" appearing as I book via a TA so I never see the payment page anyway.

All this stress over booking dining and I rarely see people waiting that long, and my cruises are pretty much full due to when I can cruise (high season). Now if you use MTD and try to book around shows then yes, you are more likely to see crowds at that time.

Sometimes I'm reminded why I avoid the meet and greets. Most of you are great people I'm sure, but I just can't risk running into people whose first thought is to complain about what they don't like. I too wish Royal would change some things, but I still manage to have great vacations regardless.

Complain about prices all you want, but it is simple supply and demand. For all the complaining that goes on around here Royal must still be doing something right. For the record I too share my observations from time to time, but I make sure it doesn't cross over into a rant.

(Yes I am aware of the irony of posting in this thread to begin with as it makes it even more prominent; I just can't help it as the board seems much more negative lately and I wish it weren't that way).

Edited by JasonV1

I have no idea what they heck is going on at RCCL lately, but I've HAD IT. First of all, their website is in complete shambles. I've logged on to find that my PAID FOR reservation is not showing up. I log off and log back on again, and voila, there it is. Dinner reservations that I've made and paid for are gone. Only to reappear sometimes--not all the time. Forget shore excursions. I can't even log into the program to reserve those.

Dynamic Dining? They can keep it. I want to enjoy my vacation, not schedule every minute of it.

Reserving at a speciality restaurant? The reservation says "$0" for Sabor. Great. Only after reading these boards do I find out that I'll have to pay when I get onboard. OK. That's fine. But could you please TELL me that on the reservation page so I can plan accordingly??

But today was the last straw. I called RCCL to request luggage tags. The agent told me that effective March 1, 2010 there is a $5 fee for luggage tags because everything is online now and I should print my own. I have cruised RCCL since 2010. NOT ONCE have I been charged for luggage tags.

I'm done. If this cruise wasn't non-refundable at this point, I'd cancel. Royal needs to get their act together FAST if they want to retain their client base. I'm a Diamond member, not new to cruising. I'm watching the decline in customer service, and I'm darn angry about it.

Our TA sends us luggage tags for each cruise that are laminated with a plastic loop attachment. I can give you his name! :)

We had some of the same issues you are having and it is frustrating AND once on board it was not resolved as we were repeatedly told by customer service prior to sailing, BUT they fixed it and to me that is the measure of service. Would I have liked it to never of happened, yes and then fixed prior to sailing, yes and it did take my time once onboard, but things happen. I am in operations and as much as I like to be on top of things and customer oriented, it happens.

AS to all the pre cruise scheduling, I too HATE it and feel like it is work and not what I want with having to schedule all kinds of things, eating,entertainment, etc., so we can relate. WE booked everything on our Allure cruise and after the first day, things were being bumped and changed and it was a pain. The outside diving event was cancel and the dominos started falling.

I hope you can enjoy your cruise and once onboard, with the sun, ocean breeze and a drink in your hand with friends, you will think 'this is great to be here!'

Edited by shipshape sam

Implying that the 3rd world would not care about an issue is really setting the bar fairly low.

The real point being made Mr./Ms. Stateroom Sailor is not the 1st or 3rd world issue. If you read my post thoroughly, you would have seen I understand the OP's position, but that it's really insignificant for ME. Just being on vaca is all I care about.

I'm watching the decline in customer service, and I'm darn angry about it.

What is important to some is not so important to others. I do know that being diamond in no way would make me tolerate any cruise line for a few free drinks and money off a product I'm not even happy with.

If once on board, your pre-cruise problems seem to continue with on board problems, its time to evaluate things.

Keep us posted..try to enjoy!!

Edited by Debde

The real point being made Mr./Ms. Stateroom Sailor is not the 1st or 3rd world issue. If you read my post thoroughly, you would have seen I understand the OP's position, but that it's really insignificant for ME. Just being on vaca is all I care about.

Then just get a $49 a night hotel in Cicero and watch the planes land.

You'll be on vacation and save thousands of dollars.

The funny thing is you don't even get hang tags anymore, you get printed long stickers that are very narrow (fold over to attach). I got them as a GS guest but plan on using my plastic holders as they look far more durable than those stickers.

I'm going to knock on wood here and say that I never have website issues. I can't vouch for the "mystery balance" appearing as I book via a TA so I never see the payment page anyway.

All this stress over booking dining and I rarely see people waiting that long, and my cruises are pretty much full due to when I can cruise (high season). Now if you use MTD and try to book around shows then yes, you are more likely to see crowds at that time.

Sometimes I'm reminded why I avoid the meet and greets. Most of you are great people I'm sure, but I just can't risk running into people whose first thought is to complain about what they don't like. I too wish Royal would change some things, but I still manage to have great vacations regardless.

Complain about prices all you want, but it is simple supply and demand. For all the complaining that goes on around here Royal must still be doing something right. For the record I too share my observations from time to time, but I make sure it doesn't cross over into a rant.

(Yes I am aware of the irony of posting in this thread to begin with as it makes it even more prominent; I just can't help it as the board seems much more negative lately and I wish it weren't that way).

Holy smokes! If I didn't know better, I'd say you stole my script. :eek: Nicely said. :D

This is becoming a really rotten forum. Get a life you bullies.

My dream is to see one of these forum bullies[and yes, we have them here] on my roll call. One time I'd go to the meet and mingle. Meet the little charmers that hide behind a screen!!:)

That's why I'm incognito on some sailings and roll calls-I just lurk and read!!:cool: