Fort Lauderdale - shops near Equinox terminal

Cooso

I've had a quick search for this answer but found nothing...

We're boarding the Equinox Monday 6th April. Reading a post earlier about not being able to take food off the ship made me realise that we'll need to find a shop near the terminal as I will need pre packaged food for tours. I'm pregnant and feeling sick if I don't have dry crackers / biscuits to hand.

We arrive late on Easter Sunday so guess we won't find a shop open then. Having never cruised out of this port, no idea on the layout but are there shops nearby where I can get a few supplies?

Thanks

Here is the address for a shopping plaza about a mile away.

1906 Cordova Road

The Harbor Shops Plaza

Fort Lauderdale, FL

There is a grocery store in the middle.

You might want to call Celebrity. My understanding is that you are not allowed to take off fresh fruit and such. If you ask I'm sure you can easily take off some packaged crackers or perhaps just pocket a few each night from the Oceanview Cafe

Truthfully, I would suggest that you bring some pre-packaged food in your suitcase so you don't have to bother trying to find a store nearby. There is really nothing within walking distance so you would need to drive or take a taxi somewhere. Are you flying in the night before? Certain hotels (like the Embassy Suites on 17th St.) have stores within 1-2 blocks that would have snacks and would be open on Easter as they are drug stores.

We're boarding the Equinox Monday 6th April. Reading a post earlier about not being able to take food off the ship made me realise that we'll need to find a shop near the terminal as I will need pre packaged food for tours. I'm pregnant and feeling sick if I don't have dry crackers / biscuits to hand.

We arrive late on Easter Sunday so guess we won't find a shop open then. Having never cruised out of this port, no idea on the layout but are there shops nearby where I can get a few supplies?

Thanks

Lara,

I'll email you with some ideas ;).

Thanks

If you are taking a cab from the airport to a hotel or to the ship from your hotel, just ask the cabdriver to stop for you.

we'll need to find a shop near the terminal as I will need pre packaged food for tours. I'm pregnant and feeling sick if I don't have dry crackers / biscuits to hand.

We arrive late on Easter Sunday so guess we won't find a shop open then.

Port Everglades is in an industrial area, with no retail stores in the immediate vicinity, and certainly not within walking distance. You can find grocery stores or drugstores within a mile or two though, and despite it being Easter Sunday, many grocery and drug stores in the states will be open 24 hours/day, or at least until midnight.

Chances are there will be something near your hotel so your cab driver can make a quick stop along the way for you.

Edited by waterbug123

You'll have plenty of time to get whatever on Monday morning. What hotel are you in? Surely within walking distance early in the morning to buy your goodies. You don't have to be on board until 2-3pm if your ship is leaving Monday evening.

Thank you all for the feedback and options. We're at the Ramada (not through choice!) with shuttles included.

I've trawled through the (terrible) reviews and one mentioned a shop nearby so we'll explore when we get there. Will also try and get some bits from philadelphia airport, time permitting.

Interesting that shops will be open late / 24 hours despite it being easter Sunday.