Drink of the Day

With all the threads about the increase in drink prices and the drink packages, I've seen the drink of the day price has at least remained reasonable. I remember when I first started cruising actually liking the drink of the day but the last couple of time I remember thinking they were weird choices (imo) and not opting for them. Can someone who has cruised recently provide insight on what some of the drink of the days have been recently? Thanks!

I can't remember what they were any more even though it has only been two weeks since our cruise. However, I do remember thinking that they sounded interesting and I might like to try them but I wan't going to at $10.00 + 18%. It wasn't worth it to me at that price for something that sounded interesting but that I might not actually end up liking.

With all the threads about the increase in drink prices and the drink packages, I've seen the drink of the day price has at least remained reasonable. I remember when I first started cruising actually liking the drink of the day but the last couple of time I remember thinking they were weird choices (imo) and not opting for them. Can someone who has cruised recently provide insight on what some of the drink of the days have been recently? Thanks!

From Nov2014 on Jewel, will be different on other ships and even Jewel next week:)

DRINKS of the Day ($7.75)

Day 1 Tropical Lemonade (Lemonade - Smirnoff - Blue Curaçao)

Day 2 Paradise Punch (Bacardi Rum - Schnapps - Pineapple - Cranberry)

Day 3 Lush Mint Lemonade (Lemonade - Mojito mix - Smirnoff - Mint & Lemon)

Day 4 Pirates Punch (OJ - Spiced Rum - Grenadine - Brandy)

Day 5 Tradewinds Cooler (Bacardi Rum - Island Oasis - OJ - Sprite)

Day 6 Tropical Sunset (Smirnoff - Schnapps - Chambord Black - Cranberry - Pineapple

Day 7 Caribbean Sunshine (Smirnoff - Triple Sec - OJ - Sprite

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off Adventure a few weeks ago.. The drinks of the day still remain at a decent price in a souvenir glass, however the size of the drink has gone down quite a bit from years prior. In years prior it was a fairly tall glass, and this year they were all served in these short plastic cups

How does "drink of the day" work? I seem to remember last time I was on the Oasis five years ago, it was a package? You buy the package and you can get it every day? Or do you buy it one day at a time?

One day at a time, no package.

We just got off Adventure a few weeks ago.. The drinks of the day still remain at a decent price in a souvenir glass, however the size of the drink has gone down quite a bit from years prior. In years prior it was a fairly tall glass, and this year they were all served in these short plastic cups

What was the decent price? On Indy about a month ago the DOD was $10.00 + 18% every day. I didn't consider that so good.

Edited by Ocean Boy

What was the decent price? On Indy about a month ago the DOD was $10.00 + 18% every day. I didn't consider that so good.

We had one (don't remember the type of drink) on Liberty last week that was $6.75 plus 18% one day.

Edited by clarea

Do they still sell the DOD at a higher price in a souvenir glass? We've always asked for a regular glass at a cheaper price. Maybe that's the difference between the $10 and $7 -8 pricing being reported here. :confused:

No difference in price anymore whether you get a souvenir glass or not.

We had one (don't remember the type of drink) on Liberty last week that was $6.75 plus 18% one day.

Well, I think Liberty is much more reasonable than Indy. I may have tried a few of them if Indy had the same pricing.