The Pantry - P&O Australia (Goodbye Buffet)!

I just received further details of P&O's replacement for the buffet - The Pantry. It looks pretty impressive to me! Here's what they had to say...

Exclusive to P&O, The Pantry is a brand new, fun food experience unlike anything you’ve seen on a cruise before.

Say goodbye to the buffet and hello to freshly made food from every corner of the globe via a selection of individual outlets in a relaxed café setting, including Sugar Bar, Mexicana, Hook’s Fish N’ Chips, Fat Cow, Kettle & Bun, Curry House and Stix. Day or Night, there’s something for everyone in The Pantry, making it the perfect venue for a quick bite, a long lunch or dinner you won’t soon forget.

Coming to Pacific Jewel, Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden between June and November 2015.

SUGAR BAR - Discover a mouth-watering selection of cakes, pastries and individual desserts all freshly made onboard at Sugar Bar. If you’re in the mood for something sweet, bring the family for some handmade desserts to top off any meal.

KETTLE & BUN - Kettle & Bun offers freshly baked bread, expertly crafted sandwiches, great tasting salads and mouthwatering soups. It’s seems unfair to choose just one, so mix and match for your perfect combo! For dinner, visit our Salad Bar where we’ll toss us a bespoke creation that’ll prove that you DO make friends with salad.

MEXICANA - P&O does Mexican right at our very own Mexicana. Our soft or hard shell tacos filled with favourites like homemade salsas and pickles, chilli, guacamole, fresh lime and cheese will impress even the seasoned salsa connoisseur. It’s a fresh and spicy treat to enjoy any time.

STIX - China, Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar – they all have their own word for ‘chop sticks’, so onboard we just call them Stix! Indulge your passion for Asia’s finest cuisines including traditional rice dishes, the freshest stir-fries, sizzling noodles and heartwarming dumpling soups. And don’t miss our famous P&O Laksa!

CURRY HOUSE - Where does the best curry in the world come from? Right here at P&O! Curry House is a smorgasbord of classic curry flavours and authentic dishes. Whether you’re enjoying an old favourite or trying something new (like the renowned P&O Tandoori), you’ll love the incredible range, complemented by homemade breads, chutneys, raitas and pickles.

HOOK'S FISH & CHIPS - The catch of the day…every day! Surf & turf goes casual with P&O’s Fish & Chips. Serving up crispy battered fish and hot chips with the perfect amount of crunch, this onboard ‘fish & chip shop’ knows how to please. Get your hands on the freshest seafood and daily specials like salt & pepper squid, lemon & herb calamari rings or crumbed scallops. Yum!

FAT COW - VEGETARIANS BEWARE! at Fat Cow there’s more meat than you can imagine. We offer the finest cuts to send meat lovers into a flutter! Try tender carvings, roast chicken (using our own secret recipe), succulent legs of lamb, cured hams, roast pork racks and beef scotch fillets that melt in your mouth. It’s all sourced from local producers and served with a wide selection of rustic sides and condiments to create the perfect roast dinner!

THE GRILL - The Grill has had a makeover! Everybody loves a good burger! To celebrate our love of this humble dish, ‘The Grill’ serves up an amazing range including gourmet beef, pulled-pork and many more. You’ll also find plenty of old favourites like hot dogs, nachos, pizzas, meat pies and chips (nominal charges apply).

More details here...

http://au-content.em.sdlproducts.com/carnival_australia/images/6316/Pantry-Brochure.pdf

Edited by Royalty X

Sounds better than when first released, but I wonder how it will work if for example want some meat from Fat Cow, some Chips from Hooks and some salad from Kettle and Bun, hopefully each will have a fairly decent range of sides.

Still it is good to see them trying something different.

Sounds better than when first released, but I wonder how it will work if for example want some meat from Fat Cow, some Chips from Hooks and some salad from Kettle and Bun, hopefully each will have a fairly decent range of sides.

Still it is good to see them trying something different.

Sorry, can't help myself :p. Take three plates:D Now I'll take myself off to the naught corner. :o All sounds delicious though. Need a posting when someone has done it

Edited by dizzy1948

I normally do :D, just trying to figure out the logistics, wll I have to lne up in three different areas :rolleyes:.
I would order something freshly made at one station and upon collection, order your next item and another station, and so-on and so-forth. :D

I have booked Eden for Sept next year, so will be interesting to see. But having said that, my last two cruises, one on Volendam,January 2013 and other in Europe on Carnival Legend 2012 both had individual eateries for food stations, in what used to be the buffet. Nothing new as far as I can see, just a new name. I really liked the new system. No long queues, well sometimes at the more popular spots. Gave one a good change of food type each day, if you wanted. Must more civilized that the high school buffet. Some were served by staff others were DIY. K

Sounds very similar to the Oceanview café on the Solstice Class ships of Celebrity

Partially my thoughts.

However, the concept would be that all stations would be served. Whereas with Celebrity it's serve yourself (noro outbreaks excepted!).

I'm also looking forward to hearing when Pacific Jewel is updated to The Pantry format. Enjoy your cruises everyone.
Jewel goes into dry dock in May and she'll be receiving the Pantry updates. That being said, I'm onboard her at the moment (just sailing from Broome) and all of the food, including the buffet, has been amazing!

acfcc547b84aafb35f45b1c01db691c5.jpg

There I was happily working away and you had to post that picture - now I want to be cruising.

Lovely to see a timber deck - just off the Solistice with its 'plastic' decks which were peeling in spots. Not the same as the real thing :)

We will be on the Eden in April next year, so looking forward to what they do with it.

Jewel goes into dry dock in May and she'll be receiving the Pantry updates. That being said, I'm onboard her at the moment (just sailing from Broome) and all of the food, including the buffet, has been amazing!

From the pic I would have said you were on the "LegEnd of the Seas "... :D:D

Hi Royalty X,

Thanks for the update and the pic! Would that be the Oasis? Have a wonderful cruise! We were hoping the Jewel received her Pantry update mid-2015.

If you happen to notice how many they seat per table in the Waterfront Restaurant we would really appreciate that info. Just cannot remember. If you have taken a pic to share, that would be even better.

We're having our Wedding Ceremony and reception on the Pacific Jewel, Oct 2015 :D