Visas Required?

We are travelling from Hong Kong to Singapore on 31st October 2015 on Legend of the Seas and then returning to Hong Kong on the Legend of the Seas. We are wondering if we are going to have to purchase any Visas for the countries visited.

The countries are:

Taiwan

Phillipines

Malaysia

Brunei

Thailand

Cambodia

Vietnam

:confused:

Edited by HugglescoteBear
spelling mistake

Since you are from UK be careful that answers given here are true for UK residents.

What is true for USA is not necessarily true for UK. It would be better for you to check rules at consulate websites for those countries.

Did you ask in your Roll Call? There might be some other UK folks there who have gotten the answers.

Edited by NMLady

Since you are from UK be careful that answers given here are true for UK residents.

Citizenship, not residency, is the key. The passport you have is what matters.

Definitely take a look at each embassy/consulate (i.e. - Thai Embassy in London) for the best answer.

I'd ask the cruise line you're sailing with. However, I'm surprised they've not advised you. Whenever we've needed a visa the line or tour operator has told us so and told us how to go about obtaining it.

I agree to check with your travel agent and Cruiseline. I know for a cruise stopping in Vietnam two years ago, the required visa was obtained by the ship for most passengers.

In checking one of the many visa processng services, you can enter your country of citizenship and residence as well as the destination and they will tell you if a visa is required. Doing that for a UK resident/passport, Cambodia and Vietnam come up as needing visas. The others do not for stays of less than 90 days. I used visahq, but there are many such reliable sites.

Just back from an RCI Asia cruise...we needed one for China (which we had arranged for pre-cruise from a private company). The Vietnam visa was supplied by our ship ($6.00pp) and you needed it regardless if you were geting off the ship or not. Many of our onboard friends were from the UK and some had unfortunately (over) paid for these pre-cruise and sorry they didn't let the ship take care of it for them.

We are travelling from Hong Kong to Singapore on 31st October 2015 on Legend of the Seas and then returning to Hong Kong on the Legend of the Seas. We are wondering if we are going to have to purchase any Visas for the countries visited.

The countries are:

Taiwan

Phillipines

Malaysia

Brunei

Thailand

Cambodia

Vietnam

:confused:

DO NOT, under any circumstance, rely on ANY of the information that you get on these boards. Contact the embassy's of the countries in question to get correct answers.

If you want, I can look it up for you at work. We use daily updated systems (TIMATIC) to determine if passengers can depart for a certain country. Just let me know, and I'll pass on the information. You can contact all these embassies, but good luck getting that info in a decent matter of time.

If you want me to help you, I just need your nationality (so the country's passport you have), the date of expiration, the country which issued the passport if it differs from the country you live in and any dual citizenships you may have.

zqvol, why should OP not rely on information if that information is genuine and comes from a source all travel companies use to determine visa/passport issues?

Edited by headhunterke