Palma de Mallocra Docking Location

billrco90278

Depends on what you call the centre - if the area around the cathedral then it is too far to walk. Last time we were in Palma the cruise line set up shuttle buses...

Hi, I live in Majorca six months of the year and would disagree that it is too far to walk, the dock is is not more than a one and a half mile walk and and is a easy and pleasant half hour stroll along the Passeo Maritimo.

If you are feeling lazy walk over the overpass bridge as you leave the port into Av Joan Miro and catch the No 3 bus for 2 euro's.

A taxi is about 8 to 10 euro's.

Need any other inside info on Majorca ASK!!! shoeuk at hotmail.com.

Hi, I live in Majorca six months of the year and would disagree that it is too far to walk, the dock is is not more than a one and a half mile walk and and is a easy and pleasant half hour stroll along the Passeo Maritimo.

If you are feeling lazy walk over the overpass bridge as you leave the port into Av Joan Miro and catch the No 3 bus for 2 euro's.

A taxi is about 8 to 10 euro's.

Need any other inside info on Majorca ASK!!! shoeuk at hotmail.com.

Thanks for the info Roger. While there are many fit healthy people on Oceania there are also many that a 1 1/2 mile walk might as well be 10 miles due to health or age.

When I was there this past summer I thought it was a pretty good walk from where the shuttles parked (by the road on the waterfront close to the cathedral) on to the downtown area where most of the shopping and action was. We're relatively young and used to walking everyday.

So for many it would be too far of a walk from the dock to downtown.

Thanks for the information. Oceania does not have anything about shuttles on the website.

They never advertise shuttles in advance

some are put on by the various port authorities some are hired by the cruise line

And when you are on board, the Currents issue delivered to your stateroom the night before will have the information.

That being said, when we were in Dublin on Insignia (admittedly a long time ago, June '06) the ship had a paid shuttle into town. (We were docked maybe 20-30 minutes away by car.) We opted against the shuttles because a half day shuttle was maybe 3 hours, a full day shuttle was maybe 5 hours.

The ship did say that we wouldn't be able to get cabs to go into town ... but that was not correct. We joined a short line of people waiting for cabs and after maybe 10 minutes were able to share a cab with another passenger. We were dropped off in the center of town. Coming home, we had no trouble finding a cab to take us back to the ship. The cab fares were far less than the shuttle, and we had the freedom to come back when we wished.

That being said, I don't know how these shuttles would work today.

On more recent cruises, we have gotten excellent advice from Oceania personnel regarding restaurants, how to get there, etc.

Mura