Good coffee?

Will be on Navigator April 19th and have read several post that indicate the (free) coffee is absolutely horrendous. We're considering taking our own 4 cup coffee maker along with our coffee. Good idea? Thoughts please!

Thank you!

Will be on Navigator April 19th and have read several post that indicate the (free) coffee is absolutely horrendous. We're considering taking our own 4 cup coffee maker along with our coffee. Good idea? Thoughts please!

Thank you!

It's a prohibited item.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=2608&faqSubjectId=333

Thank you!

Maybe pack some Starbucks Via Colombia in your bag and request hot water from room service.

Thank you!

terrible idea as such items are banned. bring a French Press and order room service water

Maybe find some instant coffee you like and get hot water. I have heard that it is Seattle's Best coffee (free coffee) so I am going to try it before we sail.

Our last cruise was Independence in January and they had switched the pod brands in the Junior Suites. I couldn't tell if they had switched the entire ship to a new brand. If anyone has used those pods, they're actually a four cup pod and you only have a one cup maker in the JS. Works for me but not others. :D

I'm not a coffee connoisseur. I like just a plain, old, regular cup of black coffee. My only complaint with their coffee is it's too strong. I pour my cup about 3/4 full of coffee and then top it off with hot water. To me, that's a good cup of coffee.

The coffee on ALL the ships are HORRIBLE! The Diamond lounge & dining room are just as bad. I finally gave up a few years back and now bring a packet of "Maxwell House Original Roast " coffee singles for each day. They are like the bags, only coffee. Better than instant! They're in the coffee isles on top in a box

You don't say, but, I'm going to assume you are not in a suite. If you were, I think the machines in the diamond/concierge lounge makes a good cup of coffee.

I drank Diamond Lounge espresso and cappuccinos all week over Spring Break and they were DELISH! Pretty much stuck to hot tea from the Cafe Promenade the rest of the time!

This is what you do: Navigator has a nice venue called Café Promenade. Here you can get light snacks - sandwiches, fruit cups, cookies, squares, etc. and those are complimentary (included in your cruise fare). There are also thermoses of coffee, and hot water for tea and hot chocolate which you mix yourself from packets. These items are also included. So.. do what I do and take some Starbucks VIA instant coffee or some other instant coffee packets, taste the coffee and adjust it accordingly. You might find yourself adding some of the package or using all of it with hot water. The water in the Café Promenade thermoses is hotter than anything you'll get from room service, plus it gives you an excuse to get a cookie or three. :)

Have fun.