Is there a port cam for Los Angeles?

Mirrasi

Finally! :) Now if they'd enable sound and motion, it'd be perfect.

Yes I wish they would have some sound like the Ft. Lauderdale webcam. But when you say motion it is a live webcam. Or do you mean the camera moving from side to side?

Yes I wish they would have some sound like the Ft. Lauderdale webcam. But when you say motion it is a live webcam. Or do you mean the camera moving from side to side?

Yes, someone tracking the ships as they move down the channel. That would be nice.

And don't forget the bridgecams on the Princess site:

http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/

I like this link from Princess...

http://www.princess.com/bridgecams/all.html

Thanks Joe & reading a current thread about the parking lot being full with cars from 3 ships of passengers already sailing required those on the Golden to park at an overflow lot on 22nd Street. :eek:

I was also shocked when I read Bob's thread. We have never been to the parking lot where we couldn't find a spot to park although we have on occasion parked in the back by the Iowa and had to walk. Don't these people know that cruising is bad!!!!! :)

I was also shocked when I read Bob's thread. We have never been to the parking lot where we couldn't find a spot to park although we have on occasion parked in the back by the Iowa and had to walk. Don't these people know that cruising is bad!!!!! :)

No kidding & will now consider ships already sailing and not just those in port that day! :eek:

With the daily parking fee jumping from $12 to $16 per day a stay & park deal at the Doubletree or Crown Plaza may be a less expensive & easier option...or maybe a shuttle van from home.

No kidding & will now consider ships already sailing and not just those in port that day! :eek:

With the daily parking fee jumping from $12 to $16 per day a stay & park deal at the Doubletree or Crown Plaza may be a less expensive & easier option...or maybe a shuttle van from home.

We had planned to park for $12 a day when we sailed out of LA recently but the Crowne Plaza let us leave the car there for no more money and it was sooooooo convenient. We just took the shuttle and it was a piece of cake. I hadn't booked a "Park n Sail" package as it was more expensive. I booked Crowne Plaza on Priceline and used the option to make a bid. I stayed the two weekends bracketing our cruise and got one weekend for $88 per night and the other for $86 per night. I was pleased to find that I could still use the "Park n Sail" parking even though I paid way less than they had quoted me for that option before I got the room on Priceline. It was great. :)

HINT: If you want to book Crowne Plaza on Priceline and get to make a bid rather than using their "best price" thing (it was much cheaper for us that way) simply specify a 3 star or better hotel in San Pedro. The only two hotels they have in their list that fit that criteria are the Doubletree (3 stars) and Crowne Plaza (3.5 stars).

Edited by Thrak

I've been at the port when there were three ships in port and there wasn't a problem finding a parking space. You have to figure that those getting off the ships who parked there will be driving off. So maybe there was an unusual number of locals on these cruises in that thread.

I believe Ruby was to sail at 4:00 PM. I thought I might watch her being maneuvered out of her berth but I don't see any signs of movement yet. I wonder when she will actually begin to move. When we were due to leave LA the last time we were set for a 4:00 PM sailing and didn't actually get under weigh until maybe 5:00 or so due to the stupid boarding method they used.

Ah! I see a tug coming alongside! Of course the big barge is still alongside as well and it has to go away before Ruby can move.

I believe Ruby was to sail at 4:00 PM. I thought I might watch her being maneuvered out of her berth but I don't see any signs of movement yet. I wonder when she will actually begin to move. When we were due to leave LA the last time we were set for a 4:00 PM sailing and didn't actually get under weigh until maybe 5:00 or so due to the stupid boarding method they used.

Ah! I see a tug coming alongside! Of course the big barge is still alongside as well and it has to go away before Ruby can move.

Yep...looks she's bunkering right now. Crown will probably leave first.

Not sure if the Crown will leave first. There is another post where they had NORO on the last cruise. She might be there for a while longer cleaning.

Well, nobody has posted that there was to be a delay in boarding because of "deep cleaning". Sounds like the other poster had it confined to her own family.

When we were on the Crown last (a couple of months ago), they had teams of people cleaning and sanitizing all the time...

Well, nobody has posted that there was to be a delay in boarding because of "deep cleaning". Sounds like the other poster had it confined to her own family.

When we were on the Crown last (a couple of months ago), they had teams of people cleaning and sanitizing all the time...

I agree. :)

We had planned to park for $12 a day when we sailed out of LA recently but the Crowne Plaza let us leave the car there for no more money and it was sooooooo convenient. We just took the shuttle and it was a piece of cake. I hadn't booked a "Park n Sail" package as it was more expensive. I booked Crowne Plaza on Priceline and used the option to make a bid. I stayed the two weekends bracketing our cruise and got one weekend for $88 per night and the other for $86 per night. I was pleased to find that I could still use the "Park n Sail" parking even though I paid way less than they had quoted me for that option before I got the room on Priceline. It was great. :)

HINT: If you want to book Crowne Plaza on Priceline and get to make a bid rather than using their "best price" thing (it was much cheaper for us that way) simply specify a 3 star or better hotel in San Pedro. The only two hotels they have in their list that fit that criteria are the Doubletree (3 stars) and Crowne Plaza (3.5 stars).

Thanks for the info & will definitely consider using Priceline. :)

I wonder if it's a matter of luck to get free parking at the hotel when not reserving the "Park & Sail" package? With my luck they wouldn't do it & then I'd have to pay for parking at the hotel or the port. We're only an hour from the Port of LA & normally drive there and pay parking. Once on a 14-day roundtrip to HI it didn't cost much more for a P&S deal at the Doubletree.

For a 14 day cruise for us it is cheaper to rent a car to the port with a drop off fee and then rent it again coming back with a drop off fee then to park our own car in the lot. On a 7 day cruise it is still cheaper to drive our own car and pay the $16.00 a day fee. A shuttle for us would not work.