Is Vision similar in size to any Princess ships?

We've been on several Princess ships, and I'm just trying to get a sense of how Vision compares by capacity and size. She's been referred to as "small", but is that relative to other RCI ships, or cruise ships in general? Thanks.

Edited by pseudoware

I don't think there are any comparably sized Princess ships to the Vision itself. I think the Princess Grand class ships are just a little larger than the RCI Vision class (except the Enchantment) and the Sun class ships are smaller than Vision. Nothing in between for Princess that I'm aware of.

Edited by joepeka

You can do a quick comparison with a Google search of both ships. Scroll down and select the Wikipedia results. They list all the ship stats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've been on several Princess ships, and I'm just trying to get a sense of how Vision compares by capacity and size. She's been referred to as "small", but is that relative to other RCI ships, or cruise ships in general? Thanks.

The Vision compares very closely to the Princess Sun class in many areas.

The Vision is about 78,500 tons.

The Princess Sun class is about 77,000 tons.

The Sun class would include the Sun Princess, the Sea Princess, and the Dawn Princess.

Passenger capacity for both the Vision and Princess Sun class is around 2000 passengers.

Space ratio for the Vision is about 37.5, while space ratio for the Princess Sun class is about 39.5

Most cruise sites refer to the Princess Sun Class and the RCL Vision class as large.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the replies. I've sailed on the Dawn Princess to Alaska, so that helps give some perspective.

I've heard Vision referred to as "small" a few times, and I started en"vision"ing a luxury yacht or something. :rolleyes: I guess that's small relative to the rest of the RCI fleet.

Thanks for the replies. I've sailed on the Dawn Princess to Alaska, so that helps give some perspective.

I've heard Vision referred to as "small" a few times, and I started en"vision"ing a luxury yacht or something. :rolleyes: I guess that's small relative to the rest of the RCI fleet.

Size is also relative to era. Our first cruise in 1993 was on Zenith (44K tons) and it was considered a "medium" size ship. Now 79K is considered "small".

We are on Vision next month and expect it to be "perfect" for us.

Sue