When you become Elite are you able to eat in Sabatini's for breakast.

judydoc

We have seen the Captain have breakfast there when his wife was on the cruise. He sat a discrete distance from the rest of the diners, and no one bothered him. I guess we all understood that it was something special for him to have his wife along, and it was probably the only time in the day they could be together.

We were on a 9 night cruise last November and a 7 nighter last month and went to Sabatini's breakfast twice on each cruise.It just insn't worth all the waiters hovering around while we were trying to eat.Please just serve the food and check back now and then.JMHO!

I guess we all have different experiences. I have never had a problem with the wait staff hovering around while we were eating. We always cruise in a suite and always have breakfast at Sabatini's. The service has always been exceptional.:)

I guess we all have different experiences. I have never had a problem with the wait staff hovering around while we were eating. We always cruise in a suite and always have breakfast at Sabatini's. The service has always been exceptional.:)

That has been our experience as well. We were on the first cruise when this perk began and it has always been flawless.

Mike:)

On our recent Coral cruise in a suite, we ended up preferring ordering from the full MDR breakfast menu as room service. No waiting, no need to ask for a special order. We tried Sabatini's three times early in the cruise--it was good but strangely slow the first two times even though there were only a few other diners. The third time DW's omelet order was much delayed, and then finally arrived with a large brown hair cooked inside. That was it for us.

Different strokes for different folks. I love it when the wait staff has enough time to visit (as opposed to hovering). I've been able to learn some of what their life is like, both on the ship and "at home," where home is and what it is like. I find most everyone I meet has an interesting story to tell about their lives. Or perhaps mine is just so boring that I revel in their stories. Whichever, I truly enjoy meeting all these new people.

M.

We were on a 9 night cruise last November and a 7 nighter last month and went to Sabatini's breakfast twice on each cruise.It just insn't worth all the waiters hovering around while we were trying to eat.Please just serve the food and check back now and then.JMHO!

Yes, that's a perk when you first achieve a high number of cruise credits (not days.) Others have been known to book inside or oceanview cabins but schmooze with the officers and get "invited" to partake of this perk. I can see an invitation for one breakfast by special invitation but an entire cruise is a bit much.

This REALLY annoys me. There is one poster who continually boasts of his interaction with higher management and gets to breakfast in Sabatinis and as far as I know, he has never booked or paid for a suite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

This REALLY annoys me. There is one poster who continually boasts of his interaction with higher management and gets to breakfast in Sabatinis and as far as I know, he has never booked or paid for a suite.

I can say that they are very strict now on not allowing anybody but those with the perk in for breakfast.

Does it happen? I am sure there are exceptions but its changed quite a bit since the start.

Bet I can guess who that is! :D

I'd enjoy breakfast in Sabatinis, too, but I know a mini-suite is the best we'll ever be doing.

Yes, blowhards are a dime a dozen specially when it comes to cruising.

I doubt that this poster gets ANY attention at home, hence the constant boasting.

Just ignore and carry on.

Mike:)

But are we talking about the same person 😉

Î shall never breakfast in Sabatinis as I would never be able to afford a suite and would hate to be upgraded to one as I would never be satisfied again with our humble balcony cabins 😔

Edited by Dorset Cruiser

I can say that they are very strict now on not allowing anybody but those with the perk in for breakfast.

Does it happen? I am sure there are exceptions but its changed quite a bit since the start.

Well this happened last year and the poster has not said they have had the unpaid for perk recently.

The only time I have ever seen anyone in Sabatini's who was not in a suite was when a family on Island had a mid-ships suite, for the parents, and the adjacent balcony cabin for the teenage children.

They all took breakfast, and always as a family, in Sabatini's.

At the time I suspected that they had probably paid a premium on the balcony cabin to secure suite benefits for the whole family but, the last time I mentioned this in a discussion on this subject, I was told by a person, who I think has contributed to this thread, that this was not possible and that there is no mechanism for paying a premium on a cabin adjacent to a suite in order to get the whole thing set up as a 'pseudo' family suite.

So either that person is wrong, and there is a mechanism for paying, though I do not usually find their posts to be inaccurate, and have no reason to disbelieve them.

or

This family had found a method of beating the system. However, they did not, strike me as the sort of folks who would be motivated to beat the system.

So, as a person who legitimately takes breakfast in Sabatini's, I'm totally confused.

Edited by Corfe Mixture

The only time I have ever seen anyone in Sabatini's who was not in a suite was when a family on Island had a mid-ships suite, for the parents, and the adjacent balcony cabin for the teenage children.

They all took breakfast, and always as a family, in Sabatini's.

At the time I suspected that they had probably paid a premium on the balcony cabin to secure suite benefits for the whole family but, the last time I mentioned this in a discussion on this subject, I was told by a person, who I think has contributed to this thread, that this was not possible and that there is no mechanism for paying a premium on a cabin adjacent to a suite in order to get the whole thing set up as a 'pseudo' family suite.

So either that person is wrong, and there is a mechanism for paying, though I do not usually find their posts to be inaccurate, and have no reason to disbelieve them.

or

This family had found a method of beating the system. However, they did not, strike me as the sort of folks who would be motivated to beat the system.

So, as a person who legitimately takes breakfast in Sabatini's, I'm totally confused.

It sounds to me like Princess just used common sense in allowing a family to have breakfast together. In my opinion it would have been draconian to insist that the teenage kids dine elsewhere.

It sounds to me like Princess just used common sense in allowing a family to have breakfast together. In my opinion it would have been draconian to insist that the teenage kids dine elsewhere.

That's sort of what I was thinking. It would depend on the ages of the kids, I think. A 13 year old is still a child, where a 17 year old might be able to go eat by himself if necessary. If I found myself in a similar situation, I would forego Sabatini's in order to eat with my children.

That's sort of what I was thinking. It would depend on the ages of the kids, I think. A 13 year old is still a child, where a 17 year old might be able to go eat by himself if necessary. If I found myself in a similar situation, I would forego Sabatini's in order to eat with my children.

It they are old enough to sleep in a different cabin without a parent, they are old enough to eat breakfast without a parent.

It they are old enough to sleep in a different cabin without a parent, they are old enough to eat breakfast without a parent.
I disagree as long as the children are minors.

Hypothetical scenario ('cause it'll never happen): I cruise single and let's say I'm upgraded to a full suite. I'm traveling with my sister who is also solo in a cabin but isn't upgraded. Should I be required to eat alone in Sabatini's or should I be allowed to have someone I'm traveling with keep me company? Technically, yes, as it's my choice to sail solo in a cabin. But that would be kind of lonely. What do you think?

I disagree as long as the children are minors.

Hypothetical scenario ('cause it'll never happen): I cruise single and let's say I'm upgraded to a full suite. I'm traveling with my sister who is also solo in a cabin but isn't upgraded. Should I be required to eat alone in Sabatini's or should I be allowed to have someone I'm traveling with keep me company? Technically, yes, as it's my choice to sail solo in a cabin. But that would be kind of lonely. What do you think?

Princess rules are that those in a suite get suite benefits. Those not in a suite do not get them.

The example in a previous post where a family was allowed to have two children from a non-suite join them in Sabatini's for breakfast was an exception we seldom read about. Much more common are posts about how they would not let a suite passenger's non-suite relative or friend join them.

It could be that the family in the previous post was able to do this accidentally. It is possible that on the first morning only one suite passenger's cruise card was presented, the name was on the list, and the greeter assumed all four were in a suite. After the first morning they would be recognized having been there the first day and then just allowed to enter.

It could be that the family in the previous post was able to do this accidentally. It is possible that on the first morning only one suite passenger's cruise card was presented, the name was on the list, and the greeter assumed all four were in a suite. After the first morning they would be recognized having been there the first day and then just allowed to enter.

That sounds plausible. Still, if I'm travelling with children of any age who aren't entitled to the perk, I will forego it. I'm eating breakfast with my children, especially if they are minors.