Buffet Lines

Oakman58

What's the problem with this? It's not like he's shouldering aside a bunch of kids to grab the food, the kids buffet appears empty. Is the kids buffet supposed to be restricted to kids? (I've never really noticed one before so I honestly don't know). And do you know for a fact that he wasn't grabbing it for his grandchild? Posting this photograph of just some random individual getting food at the buffet to make fun of him is not very polite. This is a far cry from shaming the two king and queen chair hogs.

I've never really seen the kids buffet section busy at all on NCL ships that have them. I've gotten mozzarella sticks there on the Dawn since they didn't have them on the regular buffet and they also didn't have them at Blue Lagoon.

I think he just wanted to feel really tall

Nicely done. :)

This is random...

I had no clue until this thread that there was a kid section of buffets. Maybe not on all ships? On Getaway and Epic last year I never noticed any section that appeared to be for kids. Maybe that says something about my eating habits? Oops.

Reading Disney forums has taught me how many middle aged men actually won't eat anything other than chicken nuggets and pizza. Bizarre, but true.

The buffet is seldom a problem if you bypass the initial line -- in most ships the whole buffet starts over again in the middle and hardly anybody is getting anything from that side. Yes, sometimes there are slight differences (sausage patties vs links, etc.) so if your favorite doesn't appear to be out that day, look in the other section.

But if you aren't going to be waiting for made to order food, chances are there's plenty available with no wait about halfway down the room. And you can get plates there, too.

I think he just wanted to feel really tall

Love it! It would be a blast to pretend to be a giant for a day!

..... many middle aged men actually won't eat anything other than chicken nuggets and pizza. Bizarre, but true...

That is not true, we also eat fried mozzarella sticks and steak. That's twice as many items as was stated.

Love it! It would be a blast to pretend to be a giant for a day!

That is not true, we also eat fried mozzarella sticks and steak. That's twice as many items as was stated.

Don't forget the potatoes too - either baked, boiled or fried!!!

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Good point! I rarely have a meal without potatoes. We've increased our item count by 150%....we are on a roll....oooh....speaking of bread....

French toast, garlic bread with pasta, bagels with cream cheese(s), buttered roll or toast..... That's all I know about limited meal eating plus fried / BBQ chicken and buffalo /hot / BBQ wings .

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

I would not complain about buffet food, there is something for everyone. I would complain about chair and table hogs who have no respect for those who are trying to find a place to sit and eat. I specially dislike those who are not eating but reading therefore taking a table that someone can use.

One of the changes NCL can do is train their staff to move these people as quick as possible so other people can eat, get up and leave to go about our day. :);)

Some of us never outgrow those kid comfort foods....my brother,in his 50s,was on life support 2 weeks ago...once off he just couldn't eat... ..it's hospital food....yuck...they begged to find something to tempt him and he finally mumbles mac and cheese....

Went in today and his lunch consisted of 4 of them!....slowly adding other things but that mac and cheese really helped him out...getting better by the day...

Some of us never outgrow those kid comfort foods....my brother,in his 50s,was on life support 2 weeks ago...once off he just couldn't eat... ..it's hospital food....yuck...they begged to find something to tempt him and he finally mumbles mac and cheese....

Went in today and his lunch consisted of 4 of them!....slowly adding other things but that mac and cheese really helped him out...getting better by the day...

Off topic for this thread, but I hope your brother continues to improve! :)

Nicely done. :)

This is random...

I had no clue until this thread that there was a kid section of buffets. Maybe not on all ships? On Getaway and Epic last year I never noticed any section that appeared to be for kids. Maybe that says something about my eating habits? Oops.

They had them on the Dawn and on the Gem. They also had little separate seating areas with small tables and chairs. Very cute and, oddly enough, perfect for those full-grown people who would like to pretend to be giants for a day :p.

Or maybe, just maybe he was getting food for his child/grandchild...hmmmm:rolleyes:

Bingo!!!!

Don't you just love how people post things just to get a reaction?

The thinking ones of us out here ask logical questions in our mind first!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bingo!!!!

Don't you just love how people post things just to get a reaction?

The thinking ones of us out here ask logical questions in our mind first!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Plus there's nothing wrong with wanting typical "kid" food. I love Mac and cheese, burgers, fries, pizza. I also love escargots, filet mignon, and most vegetables. And some kids are like that too. On our last cruise (Carnival Splendor), my son (he was 6 at the time) ordered lobster tail in the dining room, and chicken nuggets on the side. And he ate both! Nothing wrong with combining or just being in the mood for something more simple.

Well it is Freestyle cruising! Personally, I wouldn't touch a kid buffet with a 10 foot pole, but that's just me.

Exactly! However, it's not just the kids buffet. There was an expose on the today show a few weeks ago and the serving utensils at the food buffet had more germs on them than any other items tested on the ship.

http://www.today.com/money/cruise-ships-may-carry-unwelcome-passengers-germs-t12336

That could have been me on the Jewel in March.

And no, it wasnt for me. It was for my 3 and 6 year old, who generally had to end up sitting in the adult section of the buffet while tables full of grownups with no kids (or once, a puking kid (scarily)) sat in the kids section. What else was I supposed to do? Let my 3 yo serve herself? Go to the adult lines for their food so I "look better?" As it was, I had to have my 6 yo watch her while I got their food, then watch her again while went and got mine, which usually consisted of a roll and pate, since there were no lines for those items (and the pate was delicious).

Yet another reason to stay in The Haven next time...