Qsine for 2

butterflymama

Every since i saw Qsine on Top Chef, I've wanted to try it.

Well, we will be on the Summit in May for my b-day and will dine there one night.

My husband and I do not eat a lot in one sitting. I have looked at lots of reviews and the portions seem large for a tapas style restaurant.

Will they scale back portions to allow us to try lots of things? 1 piece of filet? 1 taco? We have no problem splitting things. I'm just afraid we'll be too full before we get to sample lots of things.

As a party of three on the summit we had the same concern. We wanted to try a little of a lot rather than a lot of a little!

We expressed that to our waiter and although we still did not manage to try everything we did sample a lot.

Have fun. Do not expect fine dining but do expect good food with a novelty twist!

We have done Q-sine with groups and also just ourselves (the hubby and me), and the waitstaff can suggest items with smaller portion sizes. Like "chemmo" we like to try a little of a range of dishes. While I have always felt Q-sine has passed beyond whimsical into the gimmicky range, if you avoid fried items, the food itself can be quite good. Some of the mediterranean themed items, while not authentically spiced, are great.

DW and I are going to try this January. We hope to meet a few more people that would be willing to go along. But we did Silk last February, pretty much the same thing but with Asian food. We sampled a lot of things, and ended up leaving a lot behind because there was so much food.

Another option might be to book Qsine w/ some of your roll call members. I know one of our trips to Bermuda someone from our roll call organized dinner to Qsine. We were not able to attend but it did sound fun.

I was the same way once I saw it on Top Chef I wanted to try it! The food was very good...but we were suffed afterwards...so much so that I never wanted to eat again LOL We had talked to another guest before we went who said "oh for your size party you should order at least 8-10 things" Well we did and by the 6th course we were all so stuffed we had to leave!! But everything w/ tried was delicious.

Hope you go & enjoy!

I have to say we enjoyed Qsine better with just the two of us than with a group we went with. With the group we were seated at a long oblong table, 10 of us, and the person who did the ordering was not near us. For some reason, we were not asked at all what dishes we would like ordered. If you do go with a group, I would make sure you are seated at a round table or 2 smaller tables. That way, there will be more interaction and it might be more successful. As others have said, order what you like and eat a part of it if it is not a small serving. I would also skip lunch on that day, then you'll have room for more food.;)

Crazy Question, but here goes....

We will be on Silhouette in Feb 2016, and I would like to know if there is one or two dishes we like and want to nosh on later in the evening, is it possible to take what is left over ala doggie bag to our cabin from the restaurant?

TIA - bo1953

We have done Q-sine with groups and also just ourselves (the hubby and me), and the waitstaff can suggest items with smaller portion sizes. Like "chemmo" we like to try a little of a range of dishes. While I have always felt Q-sine has passed beyond whimsical into the gimmicky range, if you avoid fried items, the food itself can be quite good. Some of the mediterranean themed items, while not authentically spiced, are great.

I highly recommend the DIsco Shrimp, Painters Filet Mignon and this wall of Mediterranean food that I forget the name of.

Every since i saw Qsine on Top Chef, I've wanted to try it.

Well, we will be on the Summit in May for my b-day and will dine there one night.

My husband and I do not eat a lot in one sitting. I have looked at lots of reviews and the portions seem large for a tapas style restaurant.

Will they scale back portions to allow us to try lots of things? 1 piece of filet? 1 taco? We have no problem splitting things. I'm just afraid we'll be too full before we get to sample lots of things.

butterflymama -

I have dined twice in Qsine when I was on my 2013 Reflection cruise. The first time I had organized a group of 12 diners. The second time it was just myself and one other person. Part of the reason we went back was because the food was so good and the waitstaff was so much fun and so entertaining. Between the two of us, we probably ordered about 6 or 7 items including the desserts we ordered. Items/amounts are scaled according to the number of folks at the table. It worked out really well to go back a second time for the items we really liked and to try a few more that we didn't get to order in the larger group.

We were a party of 2 and asked our waiter if we could order 2 or 3 things at a time and then order more if we still had the appetite and he was willing to do that. We shared each thing we ordered and were able to sample 5 or 6 items and a couple of desserts.

We enjoyed it very much and would go again.

I highly recommend the DIsco Shrimp, Painters Filet Mignon and this wall of Mediterranean food that I forget the name of.

It is called "THE M'S":)

Try and get a group on your roll call. We've done that twice. We went on the very first night and all got a discount. It was so much fun - we were in there 4 hours, had a table for 10. I think we got everything on the menu, at least one of everything.

We also went just the two of us. What we did was tell them specifically what we wanted. For example, a serving of spring rolls is each person gets one of two different flavors, so two each. We asked for ONE spring roll total - we designated the flavor and we split that.

We got ONE of every item we wanted. There was a bit of resistance but when we specifically told them (because we had been there before) we had a lot more fun trying more things.

We went with a large group on our roll call and basically ordered everything on the menu. We were stuffed. It was great fun. I can't imagine just going as a twosome, because there is so much food and you wouldn't get to try everything. Also, the group was half the fun. I'm glad I tried it, but would not go again.

I'm sailing solo on Summit in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can convince a couple friends from my roll call to join me, because I really want to try some of the dishes.

I really don't want to go with strangers from the roll call. And I especially DO NOT want to be part of a large group. 2-3 couples, and me, is enough....