Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Good going Scrapnana, glad to hear you like your cruise and maybe signed up for another?

Kazu, do you remember the place where you had those giant Calamari at in Cabo?

I am sorry, I forgot to take a pic of the place's name and I don't remember. It was about 1/2 way down the marina and was a sports bar. Quite large area. and it was very good.

Ship is cleared and we can get off now whenever we ant! YAY!!!

If you, or anybody else have anything to share with the future cruise list:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2197298

I'll be doing my final update Thursday before handing things back to Jacqui.

Kathi, I also hope Cunard makes you another nice offer for next year on QV Southampton to Ft. Lauderdale.

Roy

many, many thanks to you Roy for taking such good care of things while I have been cruising. I really appreciate it.

Have two wonderful cruises!!! :) :)

The ride up to Vancouver will be fine Kazu.

Unless you get 20 foot seas and Force 8!

Ha! We had that once and the Chief Officer said it was a good thing we were going with the elements, not against them!

It was wild, but surprisingly the ship (Zaandam) wasn't moving all that much!

It took us about ten minutes start to finish. I couldn't believe all the officers!!

Someone must have been listening. They are doing final calls now.

Sounds like a lot happier day in San Diego than last year about this time.

Salads must have been much better this year ;)

Glad to hear that you had an outstandingly quick and easy immigration "Meet and Greet". Having done this innumerable times in SD, I have to say this is a really big and good surprise.

Super that some of you are signing up for more Internet!! Woo hoo, more posting!!! Thanks, you guys! Really this is such FUN. We will all be going into cruise-withdrawal and we haven't even been cruising!

We're at Nordstroms in Horton Plaza, so free wifi, not free shopping - I need to make it worthwhile to fill out that Customs declaration!

I know why the CBP clearance was so quick. They couldn't be bothered to open up the passports to an empty page, and just stamped our photo page. What a farce!

Ha! We had that once and the Chief Officer said it was a good thing we were going with the elements, not against them!

The very worst seas I've had was between Vancouver and San Diego. We had 30 foot waves. It's always been rough in between there on the cruises I've been on and freezing cold too.

Edited by cruz chic

Where do you sign up for the internet? I've never bought it before but at that price!

on thE ship? Just sign in and select a plan. Easy..

There is free wifi in the port. Just sign up for the free trial and you get three hours.

DH and I did the trolley tour, really quite nice. The info centre sells the tickets for $1 less but they didn't give us the stickers. Got it rectified at the trolley tour booth

We're at Nordstroms in Horton Plaza, so free wifi, not free shopping - I need to make it worthwhile to fill out that Customs declaration!

I know why the CBP clearance was so quick. They couldn't be bothered to open up the passports to an empty page, and just stamped our photo page. What a farce!

There were a lot of officials. They did stamp the right page in our passport :)

I am sorry, I forgot to take a pic of the place's name and I don't remember. It was about 1/2 way down the marina and was a sports bar. Quite large area. and it was very good.

Ship is cleared and we can get off now whenever we ant! YAY!!!

Thank Kazu, was hoping you knew the name of the place.

Now SilvertoGold don't scare them. The ride up to Vancouver will be just fine. In all the trips we've made up to there, never ran into those kinds of sea's.

They stamped your photo page? Seriously? Oh dear lord . . . ..

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Thank Kazu, was hoping you knew the name of the place.

Now SilvertoGold don't scare them. The ride up to Vancouver will be just fine. In all the trips we've made up to there, never ran into those kinds of sea's.

What will be will be. I have good sea legs. It's Dh I need to worry about

We can't believe how fast the ship was cleared. It's a miracle!!!

Lizzie and I did a quick drugstore run and then went back for the guys. We took a scenic pedicab ride and ended up at Hardrock Cafe across from Horton Plaza. We are enjoying our lunch and then may walk back to the ship. Heaven knows we need the exercise.

Edited by sapper1

We can't believe how fast the ship was cleared. It's a miracle!!!

Lizzie and I did a quick drugstore run and then went back for the guys. We took a scenic pedicab ride and ended up at Hardrock Cafe across from Horton Plaza. We are enjoying our lunch and then may walk back to the ship. Heaven knows we need the exercise.

What, no shopping:D;)?

Oh the tears. Many shed as we left DH on the pier where re re-boarded the ship. We waited to leave until his colour and number were called. Coincidentally Mumsysailor had the same colour so DS helped carry some of their gear. DH and Mumsy exchanged texts to that they may get together and go to the baseball game tonight.

We jumped in a taxi with DH's 2 suitcases and the driver took great liberty in the route to the Westin. It was just up the street but he took us blocks out of our way and talked on the phone the whole time.

DH checked in and then we walked to the Horton's Plaza and did a bit of damage. We walked back to the pier from there and that is when the tears started.

Our amazing cabin stewards had already split the bed into two so I took some new photos for the mystery site that collects photos.

We are just a bit sad to have 2of4 missing.

[quote name=PathfinderEss

Now SilvertoGold don't scare them. The ride up to Vancouver will be just fine. In all the trips we've made up to there' date=' never ran into those kinds of sea's.[/quote]

-----------------------------

Hey!! Not just me!

cruz chic, with whom I am in almost total agreement (OK,most of the time), has added her horrific adventures in the area of the Coast. Worse than ours, which are, in fact, usually just fine, smooth and not even that cold!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Oh the tears. Many shed as we left DH on the pier where re re-boarded the ship. We waited to leave until his colour and number were called. Coincidentally Mumsysailor had the same colour so DS helped carry some of their gear. DH and Mumsy exchanged texts to that they may get together and go to the baseball game tonight.

We jumped in a taxi with DH's 2 suitcases and the driver took great liberty in the route to the Westin. It was just up the street but he took us blocks out of our way and talked on the phone the whole time.

DH checked in and then we walked to the Horton's Plaza and did a bit of damage. We walked back to the pier from there and that is when the tears started.

Our amazing cabin stewards had already split the bed into two so I took some new photos for the mystery site that collects photos.

We are just a bit sad to have 2of4 missing.

That would be tough. I hope you and the kids enjoy the rest of the cruise.

I woke up about 6:30 when they started making announcements about immigration procedures starting. Around 9:00 I made my way to the Lido looking for juice and a muffin or Danish. Only found the juice and an empty plate where cinnamon rolls had been.

Went down to deck 2 to wait to get off for my excursion. There were two lines stretching to infinity with people doing self-disembarkation and many people sitting in the lounges waiting for their numbers to be called for regular disembarkation.

I got to say good-bye to Obnxshs and Missy's Mom. I had said bye to Mumsysailor and hubby last night. For anyone I did not say good-bye to, I have really enjoyed meeting all of you.

Strangely enough, for US citizens in transit, you only had to show your passport and ship card as you walked in a line to get out of the terminal. In January when I did a TA, I had to fill out an immigration form and speak individually to a CBP officer even though I was in transit (this was in NYC).:confused:

I took the seal tour and enjoyed the land/water trip. If I come back next year I will do the trolley.

Looking forward to a few more days on the "beautiful, elegant Westerdam" (as the captain calls her).

-----------------------------

Hey!! Not just me!

cruz chic, with whom I am in almost total agreement (OK,most of the time), has added her horrific adventures in the area of the Coast. Worse than ours, which are, in fact, usually just fine, smooth and not even that cold!

To me I'd rather hear what could or might not be. On my cruise there were several newbies. I'm pretty sure they never took a cruise again after that. Maybe someone told them that cruise is smooth as silk:D. I'd rather say what I've experienced then let people think there could be no problems at all. If there are none it will be great news. I'd love a cruise that is like a lake but it doesn't happen often.

Just back after a great pedicab ride to the Hard Rock Cafe where we got a junk food fix. Gorgeous day in San Diego with a nice breeze. Bumped into Roz in the Neptune Lounge. Missing our roll call mates who disembarked - Mumsy we will raise our glass to you at sailaway, LOL.

Edited by Lizzie68