Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Ok, I don't want to hear about any more complaints about the seas,

This seems fine to us.

31aed1e8054e643ddde29d8e3fe35df8.jpg

Looks fine...but the constant rolling has set off my Menieres disease. Not sick, just not well either.

That is the least of it! Jeans, yoga pants, running shoes and track suits.

I was nearly knocked over in the Lido yesterday by a man in bathrobe and slippers!

Whenever I mention witnessing this, I'm always met with

"I've Never Seen People Dressed Like This"

Perhaps your vision is impaired like mine?

I have seen people in bathrobes on European cruises, South America cruises, and every cruise we have been on.

Looks fine...but the constant rolling has set off my Menieres disease. Not sick, just not well either.

dam so sorry to hear that. hope you are feeling better real soon.

Now I know why I couldnt' find you in the Crow's Nest.

A big surprise (to me at least), the Holland America tradition happens tomorrow morning - Dutch pea soup. I thought that was just for Alaska. - guess not. Guess it is also for Canada too.

had a lovely dinner tonight with Vict0riann. in the PG. How nice of the staff to accommodate us and let us dine at the same time at a table for four.

They had a new dessert (for us) a lemon type tart with a creme brulee type finish on top. OMG it was the best dessert DH has ever had on any ship by his own proclamation highly recommend it. I will check to see if it has been posted or not and if not, I will get the new dessert menu. So very, very good. .

I have to confess I was totally flabbergasted today with a call to thank me for the "thank you's " I sent. thanks for the special mentions I made in the "how can we make your cruise better". I have never been thanked for a thank you letter before :)

Life is good on board the beautiful, elegant Westerdam.

Edited by kazu

dam so sorry to hear that. hope you are feeling better real soon.

Now I know why I couldnt' find you in the Crow's Nest.

My favourite spot in the crow's nest has been very unfriendly this segment, unfortunately. ..and LOUD. I was in the Visa theater a few times in the afternoon so that didn't help my head so once DD and DS were in Club HAL last night I just sat in the Lido emailing DH and friends in Australia and doing Sudoku puzzles until 10 when it was time to pick them up.

My favourite spot in the crow's nest has been very unfriendly this segment, unfortunately. ..and LOUD. I was in the Visa theater a few times in the afternoon so that didn't help my head so once DD and DS were in Club HAL last night I just sat in the Lido emailing DH and friends in Australia and doing Sudoku puzzles until 10 when it was time to pick them up.

Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope we will get a chance to see you some time today. It has been a real pleasure to finally get to meet you and your lovely family.

The four day segments of this cruise are always a little (to be kind) strange.

I warned a friend about this prior to his taking the Hawaii Tahiti cruise a few years ago and he pooh poohed the idea.

As their cruise left San Diego to head up to Vancouver I got an email that said only " You were RIGHT". It gave me my laugh of the day.

What a shame. Hoping you feel better today.

The ship is definitely much louder. ;)

I think we were passing the San Juan Islands when I took this picture.

e4713dd953a015e8f6e1691f4877e123.jpg

It was grey this morning but it is really brightening up so we should have some decent weather I think :)

We arrive in Victoria at 1 pm. So far, we have only been told to take our photo id. No requirement for passports?

It looks like the ship's collection of Canada Customs forms is going to allow us to be pre-cleared? If that is the case, this is going to be a nice smooth disembarkation. Since we are arriving from the U.S., I expected to line up at Canada Customs. Time will tell and I will let you know.

Sadly, the mail box had two envelopes. The first was our future cruise deposits (in sealed envelope) and the second, sadly, our luggage tags and disembarkation instructions. uggher.

On the bright side, I used a few hours here and there at sea to get a lot of stuff packed. On the dark side, I should have put some stuff in the other suitcase and left it out. Oh well, I will try to finish most of it before we arrive in Victoria. Shouldn't take too long other than the stuff we need for tonight.

Thanks to Vict0riann, we have some great maps and info on Victoria and are looking forward to our day there.

And Lizzie 68 brought info on Vancouver for the roll call.

A huge help to all of us :)

Edited by kazu

Crew shows in the afternoon are pretty common on longer cruise.

I hope this is a sign of things to come: everyone know cruising is hard work - I need to get to bed early every night!

Then again, 3 pm can play havoc with afternoon naps!

We have done this Westerdam cruise several times and never had the crew shows in the afternoon.

3 PM also interrupts Tea Time.

I forgot to report that the ship got a CDC inspection in Seattle according to our. Waiters. They were not happy with their poor score. Said some are pickier than others. Oh and they got a 95

Good Score considering how picky the San Diego people are about everything relating to ships, customs, etc.

A big surprise (to me at least), the Holland America tradition happens tomorrow morning - Dutch pea soup. I thought that was just for Alaska. - guess not. Guess it is also for Canada too.

had a lovely dinner tonight with Vict0riann. in the PG. How nice of the staff to accommodate us and let us dine at the same time at a table for four.

They had a new dessert (for us) a lemon type tart with a creme brulee type finish on top. OMG it was the best dessert DH has ever had on any ship by his own proclamation highly recommend it. I will check to see if it has been posted or not and if not, I will get the new dessert menu. So very, very good. .

I have to confess I was totally flabbergasted today with a call to thank me for the "thank you's " I sent. thanks for the special mentions I made in the "how can we make your cruise better". I have never been thanked for a thank you letter before :)

Life is good on board the beautiful, elegant Westerdam.

Dutch pea soup was never on any of our Westerdam repositioning cruises.

DH tried the new PG dessert of lemon tart with blueberry whipped topping on the Noordam -- it was awful. But he did try it again on the Zuiderdam and it was excellent.

I have a list of the new PG desserts.

Feeling fine this morning.

we received our ** Mariner pins in our mail holder this morning!!! Woo hoo

I had to stop packing yesterday as I couldn't put my head down. Not much to do anyway.

I asked at the front desk last night and was told there is no procedure for Canadian Customs and immigration. Our declaration form will be reviewed by authorities and if they have a question then they will call us.

we are supposed to debark between 8:15 and 8:30 tomorrow. Our flight is at 1:15.

We have no plans for Victoria so I guess we will just walk about a bit. The weather will dictate how long we are off for as I didn't pack clothes for these temperatures. Live and learn. It is warmer at home today than it is here. With the non-winter the west coast had I didn't think things through properly.

I had to stop packing yesterday as I couldn't put my head down. Not much to do anyway.

I asked at the front desk last night and was told there is no procedure for Canadian Customs and immigration. Our declaration form will be reviewed by authorities and if they have a question then they will call us.

we are supposed to debark between 8:15 and 8:30 tomorrow. Our flight is at 1:15.

We have no plans for Victoria so I guess we will just walk about a bit. The weather will dictate how long we are off for as I didn't pack clothes for these temperatures. Live and learn. It is warmer at home today than it is here. With the non-winter the west coast had I didn't think things through properly.

Butchart gardens are amazing and I'm the last person to appreciate any kind of garden. It just not my thing.

Sorry you had a tough time but happy you are feeling better. As great as being on a cruise is, we are always happy to get home. You get the bonus of seeing your DH again. I bet your children will be a good help tomorrow during disembarkation and the trip home. Enjoy your last sea day.