Dining time confirmed or not?

mcgratru

I am a little confused.

We booked cruise early. Requested early traditional dining and thought we got that months ago. My reservation says:

Dining time requested:6:00 pm

Dining time confirmed:6:00 pm

But then below the above it says 6:00 pm (waitlist #317)

So, am I confirmed and they are telling me there is a waitlist or am I on a waitlist

I have never noticed this before. Much appreciate opinion from any experienced princess cruisers.

I am a little confused.

We booked cruise early. Requested early traditional dining and thought we got that months ago. My reservation says:

So, am I confirmed and they are telling me there is a waitlist or am I on a waitlist

I have never noticed this before. Much appreciate opinion from any experienced princess cruisers.

Try calling the cruise line, they should be able to confirm it for you.

Never have seen that before! It should be either/or. :confused:

I agree call Princess or your TA.

And also be prepared for the times to change possibly! Were confirmed for the early traditional at 6PM at all times with late being at 8:15. When we get on board they had "arbitrarily" changed early to 5:30 and late to 7:45!

Pooh

Edited by PoohUnderstands
missed some information

And also be prepared for the times to change possibly! Were confirmed for the early traditional at 6PM at all times with late being at 8:15. When we get on board they had "arbitrarily" changed early to 5:30 and late to 7:45!

Happens more and more often these days.

I am a little confused.

Same thing for us on our Panama Canal cruise in October. Initially it said confirmed, but when I checked last week it said wait list #141! I wasn't sure I wanted an assigned dining time, so I switched to anytime dining. Guess I better check and make sure I haven't been wait listed for that, too!

You may be confirmed for the early seating, but like it says, you are on a wait list.

What Princess does is open up another dining room for an early traditional seating if it is needed.

The seating may not be at 6 PM, but instead might be at 5:30 or 5:45 PM.

The second dining room will also be used for anytime dining at some point after the traditional seating has started their meals as the dining room usually is not filled with the traditional dining overflow.

Three separate cruises this year for me. Two early seating, one late, all were adjusted by 15 minutes from the published time.

The time listed in the personalize is just a place holder. It might be that time or earlier or later. HQ really has no idea what time the ship will decide to actually have the traditional dining times.

We were once on a B2B where both segments had 8:00 PM listed in the personalizer. First segment it turned out to be 7:45 and second segment it was 8:15.

It seems that 8:15 is the time now used in the personalizer as the late seating place holder. Our most recent 8:15 turned out to be 8:30 once on the ship.

The time listed in the personalize is just a place holder. It might be that time or earlier or later. HQ really has no idea what time the ship will decide to actually have the traditional dining times.

So it seems. I don't remember this being a problem a few years ago, but 15 minutes is not a big deal in the bigger picture of things.

Pooh

There are many dinning rooms and they stagger the start times in each so that each dinning room has its own start time. Therefore the exact time depends on which dinning room you are ultimately assigned to for traditional dinning.

We always do early traditional dinning which generally can start at 5:30, 5:45 or 6.

Terry

I've never seen confirmed and wait listed for the same time. I would definitely call and get it straightened out. The 6pm is just a number, though. Our confirmed 6pm on Royal last week was 5:30. Too early for us, but we stayed with it. I wish I had remembered when I did the survey to tell them the natives are getting restless over this. Seems to be every cruise.

You may be confirmed for a fixed time in the anytime dining room but are on the wait list for fixed in the traditional dining room. Normally the anytime fixed is listed as 5:30 while the traditional one is listed as 6:00.