South America 2017

Is that the one where they crossed the South Atlantic from Capetown to Buenos Aries?

Pacific Princess once did Capetown to Perth. That had about 8 sea days in a row and they had trouble filling the ship. However , those that did that cruise , not only enjoyed all the sea days but they had a half empty ship to themselves:)

Yes, from Keith1010's current World Cruise on Crystal Symphony. They had lots of sea days on the segments from Freemantle to Capetown to Buenos Aries. They had a wide variety of activities on board, including "world games", and guest speakers, to entertain passengers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2132508

Yes, from Keith1010's current World Cruise on Crystal Symphony. They had lots of sea days on the segments from Freemantle to Capetown to Buenos Aries. They had a wide variety of activities on board, including "world games", and guest speakers, to entertain passengers.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2132508

I can honestly say I have never been bored on any sea days, but so far 4 is my most in a row.

I can honestly say I have never been bored on any sea days, but so far 4 is my most in a row.

On Arcadia in 2012, Sydney to Southampton we had 8 sea days in a row across the Indian Ocean because we missed Seychelles because of pirate activity. Few complaints, most on board were Brits doing the whole worldie, they love the sun, lay out all day in it.

P&O UK have plenty of activities for sea days. We have six in a row on Aurora in September, Southampton to east coast of USA and Canada and five back.

Edited by NSWP

Great cruise but we aren't interested in spending the big bucks on neither the Sea, Sun or Dawn Princess........... however if it was the Emerald Princess different story.......

I think that they'd be worried about filling a ship that large.

It's only comparatively recently that Princess have used other that the "Little Girls" for World Cruises and the like.

I wonder if they are selling it off in sectors. Its too many days for me.

On the brochure they sent me it only lists Syd-Syd

Auk-Auk and

Bris-Bris

Not sure how easy it would be to break it down it is pretty sea intensive at the start and end and pretty port intensive in the middle.

Sydney to Sydney you have 18 days with about 5 or 6 Port days

Then about 30 days with only about 8 sea days and at the end about 17 days with only 2 and 1/2 port days.

Those are rough figures without counting exactly

Thanks! I have never cruised with Princess and this cruise sounds like a good one! Guess I will have to find a TA and try to start planning.

Or just call princess and they'll email it to you. It's not on sail till 23 April I believe. The doc they sent me looks like t covers all Aus Cruises Oct 2016-Mat '17.

DW doesn't think this one is going to work because of other things we have on.

Prices

Bris-Bris 84 nights

Inside OV Balc Mini Suite

17,999 21,999 26,999 41,999 56,999

Syd-Syd 89 nights

18,999 22,999 28,499 44,499 60,999

Aukland-Aukland 76 nights

16,999 20,999 25,499 39,499 52,999.

All n Aus$ of course.

Got a brochure off Princess yesterday, but it looks like pretty much everything has been covered, and questions ask away.

Can you please confirm that the only South Pacific port on the return segment is 1/2 a day at Papeete (15 sea days)?

Thanks.

[/b]

Can you please confirm that the only South Pacific port on the return segment is 1/2 a day at Papeete (15 sea days)?

Thanks.

Looks that way Plus NZ

8 Jan Brisbane, Australia Embark Afternoon

11 Jan Sydney, Australia Embark Afternoon

15 Jan Auckland, New Zealand Full Day

18 Jan Nuku'alofa, Tonga Full Day

Cross International Date Line

18 Jan Pago Pago, American Samoa Full Day

22 Jan Tahiti (Papeete), French Polynesia Full Day

26 Jan Pitcairn Island, British Overseas Territory Scenic cruising

29 Jan Easter Island, Chile Full Day

3 Feb Santiago (Valparaiso), Chile Full Day

5 Feb Puerto Montt, Chile M Full Day

6 Feb Puerto Chacabuco, Chile M Full Day

8 Feb Amalia Glacier, Chile Scenic cruising

9 Feb Punta Arenas, Chile M Full Day

10 Feb Ushuaia, Argentina M Half Day - Evening

11 Feb Cape Horn, Chile Scenic cruising

12 Feb Stanley, Falkland Islands M Full Day

14 Feb Puerto Madryn, Argentina M Full Day

16 Feb Montevideo, Uruguay M Full Day

2-Day Experience In Port† 2-Day Experience

17 Feb Buenos Aires, Argentina M Full Day & Overnight

18 Feb Buenos Aires, Argentina M Full Day

Date 2017 Port Duration

21 Feb Rio De Janeiro, Brazil M Full Day & Overnight

22 Feb Rio De Janeiro, Brazil M Full Day

24 Feb Salvador, Brazil M Full Day

26 Feb Fortaleza, Brazil M Full Day

3 Mar Bridgetown, Barbados M Full Day

5 Mar Curaçao (Willemstad), Netherlands Antilles Full Day

7 Mar Cartagena, Colombia Half Day - Morning

8 Mar Panama Canal - Full Transit, Panama Scenic cruising

10 Mar Puntarenas, Costa Rica Full Day

12 Mar Quito (Manta), Ecuador Full Day

14 Mar Lima (Callao), Peru Full Day & Overnight

15 Mar Lima (Callao), Peru Full Day

25 Mar Tahiti (Papeete), French Polynesia Half Day - Afternoon

1 Apr Auckland, New Zealand Full Day

2 Apr Bay of Islands, New Zealand Full Day

5 Apr Sydney, Australia Disembark Morning

7 Apr Brisbane, Australia Disembark Morning

Prices

Bris-Bris 84 nights

Inside OV Balc Mini Suite

17,999 21,999 26,999 41,999 56,999

Syd-Syd 89 nights

18,999 22,999 28,499 44,499 60,999

Aukland-Aukland 76 nights

16,999 20,999 25,499 39,499 52,999.

All n Aus$ of course.

It would pay to shop around...:D

One thing that puzzles me a touch is that the Bris-Bris is described in prices as the shorter [cf Syd-Syd] cruise but in the itinerary as the longer.:confused:

Edited by GUT2407

Without a doubt,

I'm pretty sure they also said 1 to 2K off for past crusiers and a thousand or two OBC.

A booking like that for 2 people IS a fabulous commission for an agent....I think there will be lots of deals floating around. The trick is to find an agent who can do a deal , rather than a booking bunny for a franchised office on this one.:D

A lot of the agents are starting to put it up on their websites now saying that you can pre register with them...

I see from one of the websites it is like the pacific circle...

pass passengers get

$1000 ocb if you book before august and if you book before end of may you get another $1000... and that is per person

$100 off the cruise fare and 10% deposit

and if you have a future cruise letter you should get another 3% discount phew... need to do your home work LOL....

as this cruise has not sectors as yet, it will mean that we will only get one lot of free internet and mini bar set up for elites...

:p:p

One thing that puzzles me a touch is that the Bris-Bris is described in prices as the shorter [cf Syd-Syd] cruise but in the itinerary as the longer.:confused:

in the brochure I have it is the other way round with the pricing... brissy 18,999 Sydney 17,999

A booking like that for 2 people IS a fabulous commission for an agent....I think there will be lots of deals floating around. The trick is to find an agent who can do a deal , rather than a booking bunny for a franchised office on this one.:D

David... last year for when we booked the pacific circle our agent had a deal that saved us about $800 each...

we have $2000 onboard credit instead of $4000 but our overall cruise price saved us more than the extra $2000 we forfeited.

Agents newsletters are starting to come through about the cruise now. Many are including the Star Princess South American cruises as well. They are much, much cheaper, not as long of course, but will make people stop and think .

If South America is the goal , then perhaps a flight over, land stay then a cruise could be the go .