Westerdam Upsell Fairy Visited

cruisevers

I find it interesting that I have seen no movement of any cabins since I got the Upsell. All the same neptunes are available as well as the signature suites. I been watching balconies as well as my niece has one booked. Those are all the same too. Just seems no rooms are selling.

There are neptunes on aft wraps as well as other good locations available. Can't believe I would be the only one to opt for an upgrade.

I did call them asking about an Upsell that morning but was told it was too early. I wonder if that had something to do with it? Any thoughts? Wondering if I was a little too quick to jump for the Upsell...anyone ever seen this before?

I find it interesting that I have seen no movement of any cabins since I got the Upsell. All the same neptunes are available as well as the signature suites. I been watching balconies as well as my niece has one booked. Those are all the same too. Just seems no rooms are selling.

There are neptunes on aft wraps as well as other good locations available. Can't believe I would be the only one to opt for an upgrade.

I did call them asking about an Upsell that morning but was told it was too early. I wonder if that had something to do with it? Any thoughts? Wondering if I was a little too quick to jump for the Upsell...anyone ever seen this before?

Last cruise I called asking about an upsell and was told no. Then a day or two later my PCC called me and offered an upsell (not the mass email that goes out). I got my choice of cabins and took an SA close to the Neptune Lounge - prime location IMO. I think I got it since I called (or I should say my PCC called).

May I ask why your husband DIDN'T like it?? So many on here rave about them so what made him feel otherwise? Just curious......after all I've hear about them, I booked one for both our Caribbean and Alaska...

It had nothing to do with the cabin or balcony (which I LOVED)....it was because it was rough and he felt it much more than when we have a mid-ship cabin. I was really sad this happened as I thought the balcony was "cats-meow" :D (Unfortunately he actually got sick so blames it on being in an aft cabin). But, when/if I travel with a friend I will try to get another aft cabin!

What I especially loved about the aft balcony was how I was protected from the wind/rain. While my hubby was talking to "ralph" I sat on our balcony loving every minute of the rough seas.

It's the corner suite. We took the Upsell cause hubby wanted it so much but still weird I haven't seen anyone else on here saying they got an Upsell offer for our cruise..but then again I don't think many on this cruise are on these boards.

What is the aft wrap? A corner cabin? What type of cabin? A verandah or suite?

Aft wrap staterooms on Vista and Signature Class ships are Neptune Suites with their inherent amenities.

An aft wrap's attraction is the large balcony facing the stern of the ship and another balcony along the side of the ship. The Deck 5 verandah on the Westerdam can hold 40+ of your fellow passengers. It includes a larger table and additional furniture.

It gives a 270-degree view for photography and an opportunity to move out of the weather by just walking around the verandah corner.

Edited by Crew News

It had nothing to do with the cabin or balcony (which I LOVED)....it was because it was rough and he felt it much more than when we have a mid-ship cabin. I was really sad this happened as I thought the balcony was "cats-meow" :D (Unfortunately he actually got sick so blames it on being in an aft cabin). But, when/if I travel with a friend I will try to get another aft cabin!

What I especially loved about the aft balcony was how I was protected from the wind/rain. While my hubby was talking to "ralph" I sat on our balcony loving every minute of the rough seas.

Thank you for explaining. I'm sorry your hubby was sick.....but I'm glad it was a reason that doesn't take away from my excitement! I'm not concerned about the movement, I actually enjoy it! I don't get the aft experience until Dec but will be sure to let everyone know how it goes!

An aft wrap is alot different than the normal aft verandas. The wrap around feature gives you so much better views. plus the verandahs are so large.

I did not really like the aft-wraps at first, due to the long walks to the Neptune Lounge given my foot problems, but since my DW loved it so much, I decided to give it another try and this time got the huge 5190-91 on a Vista ship. After that experience, I just had to book it again!

DaveOKC

I was SO tempted to book one of the aft wraps but to be honest, I don't want him unhappy or sick! It is the rocking of the ship that seemed to cause his illness. I might try it once again on maybe a short, 4 night cruise-that might be an idea?

Thank you for explaining. I'm sorry your hubby was sick.....but I'm glad it was a reason that doesn't take away from my excitement! I'm not concerned about the movement, I actually enjoy it! I don't get the aft experience until Dec but will be sure to let everyone know how it goes!

I have this funny feeling you will LOVE it and will never be able to go back to a "normal" Neptune suite! I know I would. I love the movement of the ship but some people can't handle it (sorry hubby). I am just happy that he "allows" me to indulge and book cruises and comes with me:)

You have a long time to wait for your experience which is part of the fun. Can hardly wait until you are back and let us know how it goes.

It's the corner suite. We took the Upsell cause hubby wanted it so much but still weird I haven't seen anyone else on here saying they got an Upsell offer for our cruise..but then again I don't think many on this cruise are on these boards.

Once again, congratulations on your sparkling paid upgrade. I agree with DaveOKC.....too much coincidence between the phone calls and the offers to think the individual offers are coincidental.

I called the Monday morning after I first saw the reports of upsells here on CC. I have had the blast email offer, but my upsell was not one of the "special offer" emails. It was from my PCC that I had asked to watch the upsells closely. They must have sent offers out to the Signature Suite folks first because six of ten NS disappeared on Good Friday.

I picked from the four remaining.....the one closest to the Neptune Lounge. About two hours later, the others disappeared at about the same time.....must have been a mass offer sent out. In my case, if I would have waited, there would have been no NS available. Glad I jumped on it.

My guess is that your phone call was more important than you know. Even if you were seemingly put off, you placed yourself on HAL's radar. Your offer may not have been the perfect deal, but it sounds really good. Plus, the NS you are seeing may be largely spoken for with guarantees.

DaveOKC and others taught me that what appears to be many available cabins can be an optical illusion. There may be only one NS left....you just do not know. If the NS really are pretty close to being sold out, the mass upsell offer can wipe the remaining cabin(s) out in an instant. The ugly side of upsells is having to choose from the leftovers.....which you did not have to do.

So, I hope you will break your arm from patting yourself on the back. We are all looking forward to reading your review....and maybe seeing some pics when you get back.

I keep hoping to see more on our roll call, but nothing yet. I'll keep my fingers crossed though.

Enjoy your suite. Sounds wonderful. I just can't see spending that much on a suite though. I'm one to spend less on one cruise so I can go on two. However, we did get a balcony this time. :)

we are also on the May 9 cruise. We received the same offer of $399 to go up from an SY suite. We got the offer on the 10/11th but not sure of the value to us. If it comes down I will probably jump but don't see that much value in it yet.

Randy

You should make yourself a cruise countdown clock! :D

we are also on the May 9 cruise. We received the same offer of $399 to go up from an SY suite. We got the offer on the 10/11th but not sure of the value to us. If it comes down I will probably jump but don't see that much value in it yet.

Randy

It is nice to see someone else got the offer! As I said earlier, we would not have taken it at this price except for there being an aft wrap available, especially the deck 5 one for Alaska. Last time we went we had a lot of rain, so being covered is a bonus. We had an aft last time, not corner, and since there was no wind there we sat outside all day while in Glacier Bay. Others had to go in to warm up....we spent probably 80% of our time out there while the ship was moving, seeing wildlife all along the way, with no wind or rain effecting us at all.

I am very surprised no one took the other corner yet.

Hi

I have a question about upsells 😊

I now wrote so much about it ...

We will be on the Statendam on the 18th of May. We originally booked a guarantee Vista Suite and also got the Promo with wine Package, 300$ OBC and Soda Card.

Two Weeks ago the price for our cruise dropped and we asked HAL if there is anything possible... B category Vista suites have the same price now we paied, so Hal was so kind we know could choose one of the left cabins. But this is an upgrade not an upsell - Right ?

The Statendam has not that much NS Suites but there are still 3 available...

Does anybody has the opportunity to get an upsell offer? We are from Germany and not from the US and it is only our Second cruise with HAL 😳

Thanks

Janine

Hello Janine !

We are from USA, but i booked our cruise on the German web page.

Yesterday I call to company and tell the sales person, that I'm interested in upsell and even i gave her a particular cabin number.

The same day she replied to me, that upseels for our sailing is not available, but today I have an email from her again with an upsell offer, which we excepted.

My suggestion is to call and let them know that you are interested in upsell.